It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydra Tower: Skyscraper Harnesses Lightning For Energy (Pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Huffington Post

Taking a cue from good ol' Ben Franklin, this electrifying tower design would harness bolts of lighting to smash molecules of water into hydrogen and oxygen. The result is clean hydrogen power that emits only water vapor and heat. Called Hydra Tower, the skeleton-like spire is made of graphene, a carbon super-material that is highly conductive and perfect for pulling energy straight from the sky. Just don't stand too close to it unless you want your next hairdo to channel Don King.
(Please visit link to see how this thing works, and where they plan to build it.)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/808cc4da1e45.jpg[/atsimg]
This is a shocking idea! (Pun intended.) This is an en-lightning development! (Intended again) If this tower were to be built, how can they make sure they are able to keep up production since well... storms that produce lightning dont happen everyday in the same place. There are a few zones where lightning is common: the south east US, Central Africa, and a few others but not many. They will need to build a LOT to be able to produce commercially. How many towers would you need build to harness the kind of output that will be sustainable and profitable?

Tesla would be proud. I hope you would be as well, this is some 'jolt'ing technology.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I know this topic was discussed in a previous forum, but it was Nicolas Tesla. He invented the idea of using rods to continusiously draw electricty from the atmosphere. I believe this may have the same concept, but the energy may be mininum without a storm.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

Tesla wanted to channel the energy wirelessly.

This building uses lightning energy to turn water into hydrogen... which then can be used as fuel to power cars, buses, etc.

new topics

join