It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighted and Filmed by Activist in Brooklyn, NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
WILLIAMSBURG, N.Y. (PIX11)
A Williamsburg man was walking his dog around 11 p.m. Monday night when he says he had a close encounter.

The sky was clear that night, and when Phil DePaolo looked up toward the stars he saw what he believes was a UFO, hovering above Brooklyn.

"I looked up in the sky and saw something pulsating, changing colors, and moving erratically, it was definitely not a plane or satellite," said DePaolo a community activist by day. "I'm not surprised they came to Brooklyn, everyone is moving to Brooklyn," DePaolo chuckled.
www.wpix.com...

(this has been reported by various local news sources)

I'm surprised to not have seen this posted on here - i live in this area and saw something strange that night. i thought it was sirius because of the color change but though it had a box-like shape.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
taken with a camera phone....explains the pulsating and poor image.
More than likely a star or helicopter.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
it's kinda quiet for Brooklyn NYC @ 11pm? I don't know, you can't really see much and there's nothing to put it in perspective at all ....

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
could be anything there are no buildings landscape clouds etc to put it into perspective could be someone filming a tv or monitor for all i know

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

These are the videos I hate. Complete black with a highly zoomed in light, can't even tell if this is taken in NYC or on the moon. The light appears to be blinking blue and red at times. Do police choppers have blue instead of green? I know planes have red and green blinkers to indicate which direction it's going (red on oneside green on the other) do choppers have the same?

Such poor quality video, it can neither be confirmed nor debunked. Even just a quick pan to show the city backdrop would help a lot.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I couldn't agree with you more, I've decided recently to not bother watching the tiny balls of light glowing far off in the distance. It could be anything. People can say what they want about the Jerusalem video, hoax or not at least in was interesting to see and debate.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I highly doubt that this is a helicopter, a star possibly. I tried this before using a blackberry phone focusing on the brightest star. and to my amaze its the same depiction as what it was on this video. My opinion, it might be the lesser capabilities(low resolution) of the phone that makes this object pulsate on a various wavelength.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That looks like Sirius to me. I say this because I have seen this same orb in the morning over the Phoenix AZ sky. I can't say what I saw was box shaped, but displayed the same color change affect. It made me grab my cell phone video camera as well.

Here's my video ... .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWontBelieveU
That looks like Sirius to me.

Ding, Ding Ding!! We have a winner!!

Your sky shows Sirius visible just to the SE of Williamsburg, NY at that time. Which would appear to be above Brooklyn.
edit on 3/10/2011 by eaglewingz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, that was a waste of time and energy. Fortunately, not a lot of time or energy.
Yeah, it's a "UFO." Uninteresting Flying Object.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Looks like another stupid light. Alien ships look like alien ships, not tiny light balls. And i would know i have seen and been around them for years.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkk
Looks like another stupid light. Alien ships look like alien ships, not tiny light balls. And i would know i have seen and been around them for years.

you realize that from far away an "alien ship" which you've never seen, but seem so sure of its appearance, might appear as "a tiny ball of light".. just like stars do, except, ya know, they're pretty big.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Now you are telling me what i have and have not seen?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
oh you got to be kidding me. why would you waste time posting this?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

it's kinda quiet for Brooklyn NYC @ 11pm? I don't know, you can't really see much and there's nothing to put it in perspective at all ....

Much of Brooklyn is very quiet. That's partly why I live here instead of Manhattan.

That being said, there's nothing about this video to suggest to me it's anything but a bright star, a bright planet maybe a satellite reflecting sunlight or some such thing.

new topics

top topics

join