It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep an Eye on Yellowstone- New swarm might be brewing...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Been picking up flurry of seismic activity at the Lake:

US.LKWY:
www.quake.utah.edu...

WY.YML:
www.quake.utah.edu...

Other stations corroborate it, so might be the start of a new swarm. Might not. Just posting to beware and check the seismos today. Eyes open, peoples!

www.quake.utah.edu...

www.quake.utah.edu...

Also, please don't flag this thread unless it looks like it's gonna happen, thanks.
edit on Thu Mar 10th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Wow, great looking out. And I agree that this will happen eventually. From the looks of it, Sooner than Later.

F & S Will definitely pay attention.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MrEuphoric1

Yes, I did corroborate this through most other stations in and around the lake, like H17A in GEE. Is why I am posting... Just keep the eyes peeled... It's small stuff so far, but definitely seismic or it wouldn't have appeared on all those stations.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why should we keep an eye out for this swarm? Or the last one or the one before that? I was caught up with this crap the last time a swarm of earthquakes was happening around Yellowstone. I could have sworn something was gonna happen soon. Nothing did. Before that, any news about Yellowstone was enought to make me stress and worry. I officially don't care anymore. If Yellowstone erupts, then so be it. I don't care to make no more predictions about this sleeping godzilla. It should have erupted year ago.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yellowstone is way overdue, It's bound to go off anytime now .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bdb818888

Trouble is that anytime now, could well be still 1000 years away

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893
Why should we keep an eye out for this swarm? Or the last one or the one before that?

Then don't. This post clearly isn't for you. But for those of us that watch the place like a hawk, someone will appreciate the heads up...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Originally posted by ag893
Why should we keep an eye out for this swarm? Or the last one or the one before that? I was caught up with this crap the last time a swarm of earthquakes was happening around Yellowstone. I could have sworn something was gonna happen soon. Nothing did. Before that, any news about Yellowstone was enought to make me stress and worry. I officially don't care anymore. If Yellowstone erupts, then so be it. I don't care to make no more predictions about this sleeping godzilla. It should have erupted year ago.

"Stop telling me there's a car headed right for me, willya!? It ain't hit me yet!!!"

"Don't tell *me* to brush my teeth, I still got 'em all!"

"Why bother paying attention to all that mid-east turmoil?? Gas isn't even $4 a gallon!"

"It's been 65 million years since a major asteroid strike, so it'll probably be another 65 million before another one!"

Look. Someday, it WILL erupt. And just before it does, there will be lots of seismic signs that people will also ignore. And as soon as that huge mushroom cloud of powdered Wyoming starts filling the skies, I plan to shoot (non-fatally) anyone who says, "Why didn't they warn us!!!?!??!??!"

I hope that clarifies the situation for you.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Flag for you TA. Something is humming through the Park at the moment - All hands on deck!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

It would be interesting to see when the SUPERMOON comes out on the 19th of this month.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just so no one thinks I am nuts!
(Couldn't blame you if you did!)

This just happened, and as you can see, that's three different networks registering the same shock near the Lake.

LKWY is having issues again...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Have any of you guys noticed the 2.9 on the border between Wyoming and Nebraska?Is that odd to have one there? And all those small ones running through,I guess the rockies from southern Utah all the way in a line to Idaho?I have this program on google earth and it seems like the last couple of days it has been lighting up like a christmas tree through there.From 1.0 on up.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I see three in Yellowstone that happened today,a couple of 1.7 and a 1.4,all real close to each other.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Yes, the activity is very small magnitude so far, but that's usually how it starts.

As to quakes on the eastern border, I wouldn't pay them much attention as this is a known mine blasting zone around Gillette, WY. In fact when they are bigger, stations in the northeast of the park like YSB can and will register them. It has been a continual source of confusion.

And speaking of YSB, believe it or not I have been getting a few shocks that appear to be originating from close to there.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I see thatthe last major quake there was in 1975,a 6.1.
I was There in Yellowstone sometime around that time when I was a kids.
Awesome place ,to say the least.
I was just wondering how accurate this GE program was.
Cause I'm a few hundred miles from the NMF and I keep a close I on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I am new here, but I had to join up when I saw your post. I have a link here to University of Utah who feed seismic reports straight to USGS, who are not really reporting on Yellowstone at the moment so I understand. However I would very much appreciate your interpretation of the attached link to Lake in Yellowstone, and could you or do you know how to read the strengths of the seismic quakes on these charts please?

quake.utah.edu...

I haven't seen anything like this reading anywhere. To me it is very weird!
I also have an idea (can't call it a theory as I am no seismologist! Lol!), that every time a greater than 5 earthquake goes off anywhere in the world almost all 20 of Uni of Utahs seismograms at Yellowstone register it with some greater and some lesser activity very shortly after the +5 earthquake somewhere else in the world. Am I being to 'conspiratorial', or could there be something in it?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Welcome to pipe cleaner land! We have every type, too! You want red, blue, green or brown? We even have pipe cleaners that Robin uses every once in a while to clean out his ears!

Umm just kidding...

But those are the infamous pipe cleaners, which several years ago after a lot of fierce debate and calls to the YVO, we determined was a generator operating close to the LKWY station causing the signals you are seeing there. It's just part of monitoring life at Yellowstone now, and most of us know to ignore them.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Um - now that was really funny - thanks for that - but - as you know - it did show up on most all instruments - say you what now to that?
- nm I have got to go to throw another log on the fire and go find my pillow and down blanky - chow - for now

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

- it did show up on most all instruments - say you what now to that?

Well! I would say to the reader to go look for themselves to see if they can find some ear...I mean pipe cleaners!

Let's see, how about WY.YLA, which is a station close to LKWY:

www.isthisthingon.org...

Nope! No pipe cleaners there!

Check them ALL if you want, and no pipe cleaners on any other station. You MIGHT see them on PB.208 which is like right right next door to LKWY...But I doubt it. Besides, spectral analysis would show it...and I think PuterMan or someone did show it back then- might have been Shirakawa- one member I do miss.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Been picking up flurry of seismic activity at the Lake:

Would that be anywhere near that area of uplift discovered a few years back in the lake?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join