It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces "mistakenly" kill Afghan president's cousin

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Fitch303

Aside from the space programme, what has the USA ever contributed to 'mankind'?
V.

A Lot. War breeds and is the mother of technology. I can go on and on and on...

Reference 1

Reference 2
edit on 11-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

I don't think it's worth it! What you're saying is that the USA's 'thing' is war, and that war has accidental technological benefits! Don't you get how crazy that is?
V.

most tech comes from war in one way or another war...war.. never changes its been on the forefront of mankind since we began we will continue to make war to the day our species is gone forever.

on a side note vicky you can't fix stupid.. which is why were in the mess in the first place

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

"most tech comes from war in one way or another war...war.. never changes its been on the forefront of mankind since we began we will continue to make war to the day our species is gone forever. "

Afghanistan is not a "war" though.. lets review:

War: S: (n) war, state of war (a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply)

Occupation: S: (n) occupation, military control (the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power)

Uniformed soldiers usually fight "official" wars on behalf of the state, common folks who don't wear uniforms fight "occupations"...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

"most tech comes from war in one way or another war...war.. never changes its been on the forefront of mankind since we began we will continue to make war to the day our species is gone forever. "

War: S: (n) war, state of war (a legal state created by a declaration of war and ended by official declaration during which the international rules of war apply)

Occupation: S: (n) occupation, military control (the control of a country by military forces of a foreign power)

Uniformed soldiers usually fight "official" wars on behalf of the state, common folks who don't wear uniforms fight "occupations"...

A Rose by any other name. Call it what you will but last time I checked Afghanistan has become a testing ground

war

–noun
a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air.
a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other.
a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812.
active hostility or contention; conflict; contest: a war of words.

No were do I see that it saw "has to be declare in the legally"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

"A Rose by any other name. Call it what you will but last time I checked Afghanistan has become a testing ground "

Afghanistan is an "official" state action perpetuated by so called "officials"... who are supposedly subject to laws and rules, not flowers and opinions.

Sure, on the ground dead is dead no matter what you or I call it.. but officially war needs to be declared.. the rules say so.. last I checked there was no deceleration of war.

Afghanistan has always been a testing ground, where do you think Afghans earned the reputation as a "Graveyard of Empires"??.. lol.. History is full of foolish so called "leaders" who had their inflated opinion of "might" deflated after "testing" the folks who live in and around Afghanistan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Fitch303

Aside from the space programme, what has the USA ever contributed to 'mankind'?
V.

A Lot. War breeds and is the mother of technology. I can go on and on and on...

Reference 1

Reference 2
edit on 11-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

I don't think it's worth it! What you're saying is that the USA's 'thing' is war, and that war has accidental technological benefits! Don't you get how crazy that is?
V.

I dont think its a good thing. War is never a good thing. However this is history repeating itself again. Ancient civilizations were just as advanced until they all disapeared. If US does not go to war then some other country will. Definitely some of the technology derived from the War is not worth the R&D. However for the most part during peace time, the technology that most of us have come to take it for granted and been so dependent upon were for the most part byproducts of War efforts around the world even if we like it or not. I love the Scientific aspect of the War. I liked the Cold War which really pushed the technological envelope without a full scale or all out war like the WWI or WWII.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

War or not. If not the US then someother country will do the same. It is sad that when SHTF around the world, they all look to someone with resources to bail them out. When there are no issues, they all criticize the foreign policies of US.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join