It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.9 Billion Current World Population

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Star for you. Alot of people's rights would come into play, but I think if a person is planning on popping out 10+ kids, then sterilization would be the best bet. Obviously there's no thought whatsoever being put in by those people about the climbing population of this planet. 1 person's free choice doesn't outweigh everyone else.
Don't get me wrong, there's VAST amounts of food & empty land all over the place. People could populate and spread out from the densely populated cities. But the way everything is run right now and the way everyone lives, many more people won't be sustainable. I don't think we should rob multi-billionaires of their unspendable amounts of money, but it's kind of obscene to have the fat wallets some tycoons have these days. I honestly couldn't spend 5 billion without getting immature about it.
Maybe someday the human race will get it's s**t together.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Way to avoid the subject

Again, the wealthy help more people in a year than you ever will. So what should we do with you?

People like you are the problem with the United States and the biggest threat to individual liberty. You want to take from one and give to another. Perhaps Venezuela is more suited to your liking.

Im not from the USA

And who says i dont do MY best to help people with less fortunate than myself?? My best would be a whole lot more if i had the wealth of a billionaire.

My point is...which you keep missing...theres enough wealth to eradicate poverty...but this wealth is spread between greedy people and corporations who only give money away to receive tax concessions.

I agree that people shouldnt keep having children if they are living in poverty...but a lot of that is to do with religion and the fact contraception is frowned upon, and unavailable. Manilla is a perfect example of this!
I dont think these people have kids because they want to see them starve to death!!
Start with contraception....im pretty sure that would stop 80% of these births.

So....religion and wealth are the root of all evil and responsible for the deaths of MILLIONS of people each year. I am responsible for 0 deaths as im neither a greedy billionaire nor religious

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You sound like a poor person. No offense intended, just an observation given your profound hatred for anyone who has more than you deem "necessary".

The wealthy have no obligation to help anyone. You need to get that into your head. Most, if not all of them do, but not because there is some obligation set in stone anywhere.

To put it in perspective, lets try this: This year my garden will produce more fruits and veggies than I and my family can eat. Does that mean I have an obligation to drop off the surplus at the nearest soup kitchen? Absolutely not. I am growing so much because I like variety. I will probably give some to friends and family, and I can guarantee some will just get thrown away.

Now, according to you, the government should just come along, determine how much they think I "need" and just steal the rest to give it to others.

100% Absolute stupidity to think that.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

You sound like a poor person. No offense intended, just an observation given your profound hatred for anyone who has more than you deem "necessary".

The wealthy have no obligation to help anyone. You need to get that into your head. Most, if not all of them do, but not because there is some obligation set in stone anywhere.

To put it in perspective, lets try this: This year my garden will produce more fruits and veggies than I and my family can eat. Does that mean I have an obligation to drop off the surplus at the nearest soup kitchen? Absolutely not. I am growing so much because I like variety. I will probably give some to friends and family, and I can guarantee some will just get thrown away.

Now, according to you, the government should just come along, determine how much they think I "need" and just steal the rest to give it to others.

100% Absolute stupidity to think that.

I wouldnt say im poor....i live in one of the most affluent parts of my country and i dont envy or despise anyone with more than me...im not a kid

No where did i say the government should take peoples wealth....i pointed out that theres enough wealth to keep the population of this rock in a good lifestyles.

You clearly dont understand where im coming from...i abandoned this thread earlier but thought maybe we could discuss it...clearly i am wrong...so once again il walk away rather than argue over something neither of us can change.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

16B may have been the number if the Illuminati weren't busy killing thousands and millions at time. I am to young to know that though.

I know I messed up on the number of people, i can't really change my title though, the mod's can, i mentioned it before.

Not to mention i was up early this morning posting it while most were still asleep, so i was a bit delirious like usual

Thanks for all the random input everyone, its just some somethin to talk about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join