It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.9 Billion Current World Population

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

www.ibiblio.org

There is no story. Just the above link to a population clock.

I just figured it was breaking since its 2011 and no one seemed to put something up regarding the world population.

It hit 7.9 Billion I don't know when and of course never stops going up.

The thread is just to bring information, speculate on the numbers, and what ever else may be related to the increase or decrease of human population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
edit on 10-3-2011 by Quickfix because: To add a sentence

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
That is a lot of people and everyone has to eat. I was trying to see if the Birth rate exceeded the death rate or not, but found nothing.

Just thought it was a relevant topic since well, you know we all live here

And well it just seemed like a nice little thing to share with everyone.

I am interested in weird stuff like this for no apparent reason, its not like its bad breaking news at-least

www.ibiblio.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-3-2011 by Quickfix because: Mods can change the title and do as the please with the forum if is not in the right place.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Originally posted by Quickfix

www.ibiblio.org

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

hmmm interesting, I thought the population was around 6.4 Billion last time i checked too.

So that 6.9B number would make more sense, i looked around for a bit and tried a few different variations to see the world population and couldn't find any articles on it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Here's another source.
U.S. Census Bureau-

According to the International Programs Center, U.S. Census Bureau, the total population of the World, projected to 03/10/11 at 10:35 UTC (EST+5) is 6,904,846,036

Edit to add- I just noticed this. This is something that I don't usually think about, while imagining the 7 Billion people.
03/01/11 - 6,902,887,287
03/10/11 -6,904,846,036

Almost 2 million more, within 9 days.

edit on 3/10/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

yeah I found those links too.

Yours is the correct one. Hmm oh well, human error, gota love it

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
These are surely guestimates??....theres no way there can be a true figure for the entire human population.
For example...not everyone is registered at birth....even here in the UK.
I doubt very much the people who make these numbers up a working with true figures....they cant its impossible

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Yeah, it would be impossible for there to continuously be 100% accurate count. I do think it's safe to say that they have been keeping track for long enough now, that they are able to keep a count and generate a number that is pretty dam close.

U.S. PopClock Projection
For example, these component settings for the current U.S. population growth.

COMPONENT SETTINGS FOR MARCH 2011
One birth every.................................. 8 seconds
One death every.................................. 11 seconds
One international migrant (net) every............ 45 seconds
Net gain of one person every..................... 16 seconds

Those are not going to happen in that exact time frame continuously, but I'm sure that is a fairly accurate number based on statistics/averages.

A bit off-topic, but I stumbled across this a minute ago.

That middle category is just sad. It's just not right; or fair.
U.S. Population Profile - percentages
edit on 3/10/11 by BrokenCircles because: edit edit edit, forgot link

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
for all countries statistic CIA.gov statistics they tell u birth rate and death and population deceases etc very in formative here the site www.cia.gov... click map to choose country

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
India will become the biggest population country instead of China.in most developing country,the population increase fastly,i think other developing should learn China's birth control legislation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

You might be too young to remember this, but the "Club of Rome" in the 70's predicted we'd have hit 16 billion by now.

Futurists are often shown to be idiots by the facts.

Of course, most of those particular fools are dead now and don't care about the egg on their faces.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just to be Very clear

the population on that clock is

7 Billion
93 Million
316 Thousand and change

We know the population has now passed 7 Billion as Nat Geo did a series on it, and even have their own website dedicated to it

So the title of your thread should be changed to

7.093 Billion
edit on 10/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Way too many people.

A thinning of the herd, whether man made or natural needs to take place.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Haha i hope your being sarcastic?? Too many people....how?? Theres plenty of food and available space for even double or treble that figure.
Everyone on the planet could fit into Wales (in the UK...a lil country to the west not the mammal), yea they would have a metre each but that kinda shows you that the world is NOWHERE near over populated.

Theres too much waste in the world...and too many greedy people that have no regard for life...thats why millions of people die each year from starvation not because theres to many people.
Here in the UK farmers are paid a subsidy not to grow food...other countries also use this method to keep food prices high.

Theres pleny of arable land, theres plenty of room for us all...the world is NOT overpopulated and i dont think it ever will be. Mother nature takes care of things like that, not governments!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Who is going to pay for the required resources? Energy, desalinated water, roads, etc etc.

It isnt about space, its about carrying capacity in terms of infrastructure.

There are simply too many people in this ecosystem, and as a result people are suffering.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

If a poor person has a kid he cannot afford to feed what do you say? Have you noticed that many people in developed countries have fewer children? Is it really all their fault for "being greedy"? Even if you gave everybody free food, there would still be hungry people eventually because people cannot resist the temptation to have sex.
edit on 10-3-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Look through Forbes list of billionaires....do they REALLY need all that money to live a good lifestyle or are they greedy self obsessed weirdos?
There shouldnt be such a gap between rich and poor...the resources on this planet are all of ours.
What good it 74 billion in the bank?? How could you possibly spend it?? Wouldnt it be put to better use educating these people and helping them?
How many cars, houses, holidays, and all the other useless stuff could you possibly want or need?
Society is a mess....as long as your alright it doesnt matter whats happening. The point is...theres no need for it!!

If i could click my fingers and split the wealth equally i would...it would benefit billions of people rather than just one or 2 greedy CEO's. We live in sad times where money is everything and human life is worthless

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Who are you to determine what people need? You do know the people on that list contribute more money to the poor than you ever will in a lifetime right?

Considering they help more people than you ever could, what should we do about you?

Their money is their property, and you want to take it away. Nice to see you value liberty.

edit on 10-3-2011 by HaveAnotherOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HaveAnotherOne

Who are you to determine what people need? You do know the people on that list contribute more money to the poor than you ever will in a lifetime right?

Considering they help more people than you ever could, what should we do about you?

Their money is their property, and you want to take it away. Nice to see you value liberty.

edit on 10-3-2011 by HaveAnotherOne because: (no reason given)

Ok your right
Yes its perfectly fair for a few to have everything and billions to have nothing
I cant be arguing with people that think like yourself

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Again, once you distribute everything, those bad at resisting temptation will use what they have stupidly, and those savvy with money will use it wisely, again netting an inequity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join