It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS not telling us what the Government is doing in and pertaining to ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
we or should i say the have this www.informationweek.com...
NSA To Build $1.5 Billion Cybersecurity Data Center, come soon to Utah and then for you that like videos here is the NOVA one, enjoy see how your are seen with out being seen. www.pbs.org... click on the circle with the arrow to play video.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Besides, OP, you do realise that the entire internet was (and still is) a military machine? We the public got it 50 years after the Military Industrial Complex had got most of what they could from it. What we have here, what we consider the "WWW" is but the scraps of some hefty tech that those you are on about, know far better than you or I ever could.
If you are genuinely concerned that your personal info is being pawed over, then know this - there is no anonymity in cyberspace! Anyone with the right skills can access anything you have on your computer, your e-mails, your whole online 'life' and follow you wherever you virtually go, if they really felt a need to.
The potential to 'be monitored for your dissent' is ever present, especially in this almost world-warlike climate. You've just got to figure other means of becoming invisible is all...shouting about the "fact" you know 'they' are here is not the way to go about it rationally - we already know they could well be.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by smurfy

Is there such a thing as a straight answer on a debatable conspiracy theory?

It's all theory and how well a given theory is supported by evidence.

That's like saying is there a straight answer in a court of law, where even the meaning of yes and no can be bent. Perhaps even more in something you describe, an answer should contain all the salient points in answer, rather that leaving a bit out here and there, or encompassing the subject into a more general area where there are possible multi-culprits, or could be perceived as such by observers. Anyway, propaganda is not a conspiracy in itself, but could be a product of conspiracy from those who wish to persuade, dissuade and/or invent. You can watch a thief but not a liar, my mother's maxim, always stuck with me and yup, been called a liar at ATS!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
reply to post by MajorKarma

Not sure why you think this. What would the US govt have to gain from "insider" information on ATS?

So far there has never been anything "groundbreaking" actually posted on ATS, AFAIK. Everything has been exactly what ATS is about - opinions, theories and conspiracy ideas.

We've not had any real, documented whistle blowers come here and post any sort of verifiable information.

To be honest, as the Mod said - they probably DO monitor ATS, in so far as a new, registered account would allow them.

I wouldn't worry about any ATS-USgovt hidden deal. Unless there are frequent people who post particular types of hate messages or threats which again, I haven't seen.
edit on 10-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

Exactly.

Its like paranoia within paranoia.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This site like all sites like this site goes through a goverment filter which cherry picks information as it sees fit. Now if your talking about certain words yes everthing connected to it will be read at one point or another by someone who has the clearance.

Can we be so ignorant to think that with all the tech which none of us have ever could have imagined is operating at full operational capacity.

The problem is by the time the data is scanned and reviewed and entered into the database it may be too late.

To much data coming in with a bottle neck at the human level.

With all this crazy tech stuff it all comes down to us to save the day.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This site and anything you type is being monitored.

Any private message you send is also being monitored.

They search for keywords and combination structuring.

The bill was passed years ago.

There is a large facility not far from where I live that monitors
Evey mobile phone call and text message.

Why wouldn't they ?

It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
i'm sure the Goverment has there paid shills on here, but i doubt that
ATS is got something going with them

Well...

Sometimes as a new agent it can get alittle confusing come pay day..
Who do we contact, ATS or one of the many different alphabet agencies we are sub contracted under?

But that type of stuff is sorted out pretty quickly

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
yes we at ATS could be on there watch list

Yes bekod you are on a human watch list, your every waking and sleeping move is recorded

ATS and the alphabet agencies know when you are sleeping, they know when you're awake, they know if you've been bad or good

The trick is
Make sure you get your name on the GOOD list

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I would love to see the Patriot Act challenged

Most recent example of what you are asking for is TWITTER

Justice Department issued subpoena to Twitter back in December 210 demanding Twitter hand over certain Account holders information, ALL information (including bank account details if available) and they were NOT allowed to inform their Account holders about this

Twitter fought back and WON in January 2011 managed to unlock the subpoena
Twitter informed the Account Holders of the Subpoena so they could obtain their own legal representation

Twitter used the law and won

The question is... Did other online companies submit willingly to the DOJ demands ie facebook
Facebook has NOT said a word publically

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My question was never "Does NSA or any Government Agency monitor and/or record what we view and write here" or else where. My question was basically if one or more of these agencies has contacted the Owners of ATS and if so, would the Owners tell us about it. SkepticOverLord rose to answer that question and while ATS is a Delaware Corporation and we might never know the true and complete ownership as it is today and Bill Irving might in fact not know, I accept that to his knowledge ATS is not a willing asset of any government agency.

I am not sure if my rhetoric is sufficient to detail all the potential and implications but it appears to have been adequate to draw a response.

enough said.
edit on 10-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
i'm sure the c.i.a is spending over $80,000 a year on salary and over a million dollars in training so a covert c.i.a analyst can sit on a desk 8hrs a day and browse over every stupid post.

especially since 99.99% of the info on ats isn't classified and could be found online with a google search.

can you imagine his daily briefing to his superiors;

agent: "boss, boss, i just read on ats that the president is a reptilian and that tap water has nano probes with radio frequency trackers.

boss: "good work, agent johnson. can we confirm the president is a reptilian."

agent: "way ahead of you boss. i just googled obama is a reptilian and got 7,000,000 hits. so it must be true"

boss: " good God, johnson. do you know what this means"

agent: " no, boss"

boss: " it means you're an idiot, and this program just wasted 48 billion dollars of taxpayer's money"

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Your post entirely misses the OP's point of view as latterly stated, although it could be loosely connected to the orginal thread.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You might find some information to help you research that question in this thread.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

I think just about anyone truly into this site probably would agree that "all" you read, search, comment on, and the like is monitored at the least by any number of agencies. The Government made it clear many years ago that sites like this will and do attract certain people and then they weed out and focus on, and/or monitor the "extreme" types. ATS and their monitors more than likely see such requests of ( Why is ATS not telling us what the Government is doing in and pertaining to ATS ) as a no-brainer, therefore no statements are really needed. It's not even really a conspiracy or being paranoid to accept the thought of being monitored; it's just one of the many reasons for the digital age. That's just my take.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by MajorKarma
This is a simple question. Why are the Owners of ATS not telling us about all and any contact, conversations, directives, activity from and with the NSA, CIA, FBI or other government agency that is monitoring and/or being given unrestricted access to ATS and if there is none, so state.
edit on 10-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

Personally it's none of our business. They are the owners and they handle it. I personally don't care what alphabet agency is involved in ATS. I will say hi to them like i would any other member. If something of importance comes up the owners or admin always post the information in a nice detailed thread. They do it right and I like that. Example, the whole Jared Laughtner or however you spell it situation since he was a member. I thought how ATS handled that was pretty good.

What kind of restricted access do you think is on ATS? If there is some agency watching ATS, and I believe it'd be silly to think they don't, they wouldn't need the owners to get into areas of the site they wanted to see. I am sure they have the means

This is a perfect example of the proper attitude all "New World Order Minions" should have. He has nothing to hide, is well acclimated to the Globalist Mindset and if he should need to know this or that, he is sure those in authority will let him know.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Heff,

I appreciate your sincere suggestion but as some know, I have been around, come, left, returned, left ATS many times since its inception. Most all of you are new here, not me. Bill/SkepticOverLord showed me he was listening and answered my question early on in the thread and as some probably recognized, I was just looking to refresh the record.

The reality is, the Internet and all those who use it are deep in the Belly of the Beast; nothing written, no search, no user name, no association is not being recorded and collated by the Minions of the NSA and various Security Agencies, including Israeli.

Ironically, it is not those who expose themselves on the Internet that the "Enslavers" need worry about as they now know that those who talk, rarely do much of any real threat and consequence to them, and that includes that nutjob that popped up in Arizona.

No, any chance of preventing their plans are behind us and soon most will sell their souls and lock step into line to keep food on their tables and gas in their tanks.
edit on 21-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: Typos/expanded comment

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks for making me clean my drink off my monitor. That's classic.

Originally posted by randomname
i'm sure the c.i.a is spending over $80,000 a year on salary and over a million dollars in training so a covert c.i.a analyst can sit on a desk 8hrs a day and browse over every stupid post.

especially since 99.99% of the info on ats isn't classified and could be found online with a google search.

can you imagine his daily briefing to his superiors;

agent: "boss, boss, i just read on ats that the president is a reptilian and that tap water has nano probes with radio frequency trackers.

boss: "good work, agent johnson. can we confirm the president is a reptilian."

agent: "way ahead of you boss. i just googled obama is a reptilian and got 7,000,000 hits. so it must be true"

boss: " good God, johnson. do you know what this means"

agent: " no, boss"

boss: " it means you're an idiot, and this program just wasted 48 billion dollars of taxpayer's money"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join