It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS not telling us what the Government is doing in and pertaining to ATS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Does it count if the government is unknowningly paying me while I post?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. One of the provisions of the Patriot Act is that if you are contacted and enjoined to provide information, you cannot tell anyone this has happened. So if, for example, the FBI went to ATS and said, "Give us all your stuff on Gazrok or else." they would be compelled to do so and ALSO compelled to be quiet about it.

I learned this in working for a library where authorities (of various kinds) sometimes show up and ask what books a suspect has checked out or even what books he has checked out prior. Libraries resist this sort of thing as a matter of policy and practicality. For example, the circulation systems are designed in such a way that the link between a borrower and an item is broken upon return of the material. Once that link is broken the only way to get a history of check outs is through back up tapes, which peter out as they are eventually overwritten. It would be easy (not) to tell what you checked out last week, harder to tell what you had checked out last month, and imposiible, literally, to tell what you had checked out last year.

So although paranoid librarians have built some safeguards into the software, they are still bound by the provisions of the act.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. One of the provisions of the Patriot Act is that if you are contacted and enjoined to provide information, you cannot tell anyone this has happened.

First, no such request has crossed our path.

Second, there are several valid legal challenges to that, and you can be assured if we found ourselves in such cross-hairs, we'd not be silent.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think because ATS assumes we are psychic enough to know about the dealings with these affiliations. Also I think ATS is part of them in some way. So They probably assume we know already. Now whether they are setting things up in the background with??? Well also I guess we should sense , just as they may gather data from here that some may be able to make capital off from tech inventions ect. ect. Its like this is some what a pool of knowledge fringe kind and they observe to see what can be useful. I think

edit on 3/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i'm sure the Goverment has there paid shills on here, but i doubt that
ATS is got something going with them , do you really think we are that
important ? anyway even if they were , what would you have to worry
about? and if you think they are why are you still a member here? sorry
lol i haven't had my coffee yet, but anyway who cares if they are or not

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
This is a simple question. Why are the Owners of ATS not telling us about all and any contact, conversations, directives, activity from and with the NSA, CIA, FBI or other government agency that is monitoring and/or being given unrestricted access to ATS and if there is none, so state.
edit on 10-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

Lets be perfectly honest here, we cannot even know if the owners are still actually a presence here. Anyone can be behind a screenname and avatar. And, if they are still indeed a presence here, they really couldnt tell us if the they were being bullied by legal thugs.

The only reasonable thing to do is assume you are being monitored here. Always. Things are changing in America very rapidly, and be aware of that, and dont go around saying crazy things for a lark.

IMHO, people should heed that advice in all aspects of their life anyway. Dont do things "privately" you would not defend publicly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
has anyone seen this site? publicintelligence.net... from the link

A recent “Privacy Impact Assessment” from the Department of Homeland Security lists Public Intelligence among the websites actively monitored by the DHS National Operations Center (NOC) for “situational awareness”. The report describes the monitoring as part of the “Publicly Available Social Media Monitoring and Situational Awareness Initiative”:
so yes we at ATS could be on there watch list, personally i think it is a way to stop free speech and free thought, yes i do think we are in the time of wacth what you say or post well they come in the dead of night and take you? No not yet but you are on a list of "could be
potential threat" to or of the USA.
edit on 10-3-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well now those agencies mentioned by the OP are all US organisations....and fortunately for BILLIONS of us the US does NOT run the world, so please let them come and get my insignifigant A$$.
Also if your were a person of signifigance(really). would you be posting on ATS saying what you think of the global situation.

I have decided that i am going to topple the Middle east.....come soon I will get the US to make a mistake in Libya, I will soon put the Anti-christ on his road to the throne and the seat of power in the state of Rothchilds(Israel).

Then I will show the world who the true Anti-christ is who claims to be the Messiah under false pretenses of showing how he creates miracles for the world and brings peace to all of us, Then I will lead the rebellion against him.

oops did i say all that....i should erase it and go into hiding now.....RUUUUUNNNNNS

there i have my cool disguise now.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by schuyler
I'm surprised no one has said this yet. One of the provisions of the Patriot Act is that if you are contacted and enjoined to provide information, you cannot tell anyone this has happened.

First, no such request has crossed our path.

Second, there are several valid legal challenges to that, and you can be assured if we found ourselves in such cross-hairs, we'd not be silent.

I wasn't suggesting that you had, just that IF you had, you wouldn't be able to talk about it. Although I would love to see the Patriot Act challenged, I would suggest that if you were actually in the cross-hairs, your first response would be to duck. If your home were invaded by a thief intending to steal your stereo, telling him he was about to commit an illegal act probably is not much of a deterrent. besides, the FBI has more lawyers than you do. In fact, most FBI agents are lawyers. I prefer the NSA myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I do believe you would say it if you knew that we are, but how do you know that for sure, just asking. the GOV is getting to big and powerful, talk of "kill the internet switch" and all, NSA no search warrant wire taps, DHS , "watch your neighbor" type stuff, could they not have eyes on here that copy a post and keep track of what that poster says, and by looking at the profile get IP address, just wondering if that could be happening and if so, how to stop it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think it is pretty well a given that the NSA sweeps through the Internet and looks at forum posts. After all, they are public and anyone can do it. The NSA, however, uses computers to make the "first sweep" where they look for keywords and phrases that might be of interest. The compliance or acquiesence of ATS management is not required for this step. In fact, they would not know.

the "second sweep" is where the computer says, "This is a hit." The material is then reviewed by a fairly low-level analyst. These people are usually either in the enlisted military, E-4, E-5 in rank, 19-23 years old, or recruited out of the military into an NSA position. By the time you get to be an E-6 you are clearly in a supervisory role and probably on your second enlistment. You no longer stare at the screens.

If THIS person thinks there might be something there, the material is sent up the line for further analysis. Most everything the computer selects is a false positive and is dumped after it is reviewed. Insofar as this is important to some people, OK. Do with it what you will.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by plube

Yea but YOU know how far the reach really is

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I was once told "Nothing that is a true threat to power, is allowed to be so for long". In response to this, another person said; No, "Absolute power, corrupts absolutely and in the case of true power, it prefers subversion to destruction.

The purposes of my post have been more than satisfied. I actually believe SkepticOverLoad/Bill Irving's response but, the realities of the pond we swim in here have been churned up.

The member that commented that we are not important was right but was wrong, they don't have better fish to fry, unless you really believe Al Queda was behind 9-11, the Branch Davidians set their own children on fire, the Oklahoma Bombing was the work of homegrown terrorists, JFK was shot by Oswald and Eisenhower was just paranoid, like me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

ATS is not a threat to power at all. But good point.

ATS is a great place to come and figure out how to target your propaganda. Every one of us here is helping the elite by giving them insight into what we know, what evidence we have or think we have, how we want them to behave, what we fear, etc.

We are a big, unpaid, focus group and we are helping the propagandists like few of our fellow Americans are.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma[

The 4th most popular INTERNET site , damn right its watched , in fact who knows who own this site or why it was created .

Before 9/11 this site was just a page since 9/11 its become a forum and very popular .

So 9/11 is to thank for its success , yet people like Jim Fetzer get ganged up on and abused by defenders of the 9 / 11 official story .

Whenever we get u2us from this site they are about ufos and abductions , imagine if this site actually put its weight behind the 9 / 11 movement . It will never happen though .

Can we truly trust people on the internet ? Isnt this forum ripe for exploitation ?

IF the government were going to set up an internet site to monitor us then you can guarantee it would be the best most popular and well layed out site like ATS

Disclaimer .

My opinion only, thinking outside the box

Nothing is real everything is permitted .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

it is all flag word monitored by saying bomb, gas , money in one sentience it gets flagged sorted and them if something is further linked to said line post e mail then it is resorted and brought up by computer to be physically looked at, did you not see the Spy factory on nova? all sites are phone calls emails are screened, the real funny thing is they real trouble makes do not use plan text, it is all coded. and this from well., here

You're talking about programs like the FBI's Carnivore or the old Echelon, etc. No doubt, newer and better programs are currently used by agencies to flag communications in all kinds of media online, etc. However, these programs generate "hits" with complex algorithms, but then a HUMAN analyst is still required to view the most relevant hits and put them in some kind of context and threat assessment (looking at "chatter"). The amount of people assigned to this task is staggeringly low if using the relevant offices' staff levels as a baseline, so the thought of some government agent reading any given rambling on 911 is about nil. Of course, we (nor any other site) would be notified by the agents if they are using such software. We have no way of knowing.

Personally, I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Before 9/11 this site was just a page since 9/11 its become a forum and very popular .

It's (ATS) been a forum for as long as I've been here...2002...

edit on 10-3-2011 by Gazrok because: I'm a warlock being chased by Vatican assassins, but my tiger blood and adonis DNA will allow me to be, duh..WINNING!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

ATS is not a threat to power at all. But good point.

ATS is a great place to come and figure out how to target your propaganda. Every one of us here is helping the elite by giving them insight into what we know, what evidence we have or think we have, how we want them to behave, what we fear, etc.

We are a big, unpaid, focus group and we are helping the propagandists like few of our fellow Americans are.

That's a good point, amazingly though, the propagandists seem determined to come back to ATS and practice their selectivity. You see it all the time.. never a straight answer!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Is there such a thing as a straight answer on a debatable conspiracy theory?

It's all theory and how well a given theory is supported by evidence.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

As long as that reach does not touch me oreos....they are sacred oreos and they are not to be messed with...i will guard these oreos until death and they will remain within my sacred grasp until the end.
pssst i wonder what flags a look in bomb,9-11,sex,smoking gun,jew,muslims,....i mean i should be in big trouble now.
the question is how far is my reach,they would be more concerned with i would imagine....soon as you start to step into the waters of the unknown then people get worried and they do stupid things.
now i will post a series of numbers which is a secret code.....

while it gets solved i will now seek a new residence.......

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

post [is] a redundant question

because

nothing anyone says or shows me is going to convince me ATS is not cooperating with one or more government agency

I would have thought it would be very naive of any organisation to contact the owners of a site originally set up to question those very people, for the purpose of monitoring the members, U2U's, etc.
Those people choose their 'friends' very carefully.
To this layman, it seems far more efficient to simply and quite safely, create memberships and monitor/misonform like that, as is their usual modus operandi.

"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!"
This is true, but be wary to not ostracise yourself from others who share your ideals, but not your opinions.

peace.

edit on 10-3-2011 by OptimisticPessimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join