It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is ATS not telling us what the Government is doing in and pertaining to ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
This is a simple question. Why are the Owners of ATS not telling us about all and any contact, conversations, directives, activity from and with the NSA, CIA, FBI or other government agency that is monitoring and/or being given unrestricted access to ATS and if there is none, so state.
edit on 10-3-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
good question

Probably leagal; reasons

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
This is a simple question. Why are the Owners of ATS not telling us about all and any contact, conversations, directives, activity from and with the NSA, CIA, FBI or other government agency that is monitoring and/or being given unrestricted access to ATS and if there is none, so state.

I do not know whether this is true or not, and I will make no assumption either way.
I am just curious how you know this. Are you saying that-- Since they are not saying it didn't happen, then it must be happening?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Maybe because there is nothing to tell

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you really think that ATS is that important on the grand scale? TPTB have much bigger fish to fry!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Very good question. Why can't they tell us who's monitoring our convos u2us etc...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
Very good question. Why can't they tell us who's monitoring our convos u2us etc...

Why would you think anyone is?

EDIT TO ADD: Anyway, personally, and as someone else has already stated, I'm sure "The Powers That Be" have much bigger fish to fry and wouldn't decide to waste there own time monitoring a discussion board for what ever reason.

Just my opinion of course.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I see where your coming from phat, but after Loughner I would expect that our messages would at least be screened.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
What gives you the idea that any government agencies have access to ATS in any other form other than that of the average member?

ATS' Privacy Policy is pretty clear how ATS treats its members' private information.
The Terms and Conditions also thoroughly covers the issue.

Then there is THIS POST which should also cover any additional concerns you may have.

Edit to add: The possibility of folks like the CIA being on ATS has been thoroughly explored in many previous threads such as this one...
edit on 10-3-2011 by Gemwolf because: Edit to add link

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Not sure why you think this. What would the US govt have to gain from "insider" information on ATS?

So far there has never been anything "groundbreaking" actually posted on ATS, AFAIK. Everything has been exactly what ATS is about - opinions, theories and conspiracy ideas.

We've not had any real, documented whistle blowers come here and post any sort of verifiable information.

To be honest, as the Mod said - they probably DO monitor ATS, in so far as a new, registered account would allow them.

I wouldn't worry about any ATS-USgovt hidden deal. Unless there are frequent people who post particular types of hate messages or threats which again, I haven't seen.
edit on 10-3-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
All their 'monitoring' employees too busy spying on Facebook, same as in the UK?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

First off, there is not too much that is hidden here except maybe start-up contact info. Everything else is out in the open for anyone to access, government or not.

Secondly, its 2011, and I thought that it was pretty much understood that the US government/alphabet agencies are spying on everyone all the time in every conceivable way they can. Thank you Mr. Bush.

This is not the place to discuss your deepest darkest secrets, if you have any. If you do you are a fool.

p.s. I don't have any.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Originally posted by LoverBoy

Why would you think anyone is?

EDIT TO ADD: Anyway, personally, and as someone else has already stated, I'm sure "The Powers That Be" have much bigger fish to fry and wouldn't decide to waste there own time monitoring a discussion board for what ever reason.

Well, perhaps, just maybe, I don't know... to keep an eye on the internet's premier gathering place for wackos and nutjobs who might pose the most dangerous terrorist threat to the U.S. - domestic terrorists. Take that Jared Lee Loughner guy for instance...

- PS

I'm not one of 'em, so... move along. Move along.
edit on 3/10/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: PS and typos

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

My post may well be a redundant question since nothing anyone says or shows me is going to convince me ATS is not cooperating with one or more government agency; that everything we view, write and do on the internet is now being monitored and if not monitored then recorded, filed and done something with, I don't know specifics, just a serious gut feeling.

It may be that it serves the owners of ATS to hide this reality but, it was a thought that maybe they would want to come clean and tell us what is really going on.

I am not new to ATS, I have been around since before Bill Irving arrived, nor am some geeky kid; I see the spin and recognize disinformation when I read it. Want details? Forget it, I am not going to be maneuvered into arguing about evidence and Bill and the rest can do what they like, it was just a straight question looking for a straight answer and I am not interested in the opinion of some "Hall Monitor" but of course, they, like anyone else are welcome to comment as they like.

If you think I am paranoid, stop for a moment and imagine how likely that really is. How likely is it that ATS is not cooperating with Homeland Security; how likely is it that there are no Government Agents working the site and how likely is it ATS doesn't know about it.

As for that attempt to justify such activity; I am not saying it is or isn't justified, I was just daring ATS to own up to it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

My post may well be a redundant question since nothing anyone says or shows me is going to convince me ATS is not cooperating with one or more government agency;

Given that single statement, what is the point in anyone addressing the issue?

Gemwolf provided you with links to quite compelling evidence. But evidence does nothing to alter entrenched positions.

As for me, I have nothing to own up to, whether you want to believe so or not. My conscience is clear.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Want details? Forget it, I am not going to be maneuvered into arguing about evidence

Newsflash, all I stated in my previous post is that I don't believe we are being monitored by "TPTB". Instead, I believe they have "much bigger fish to fry". How you came to the conclusion above from that is baffling.

Maybe you're just purposefully looking for an argument, I don't know.

And let me quote something else from my previous post....

You see, that's all it is. Relax.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Honestly, speaking for myself. I don't think I'm that important.

I sure hope my government is using it's resources for far more important endeavours.

There is, however, the matter of that $95 dollar hammer

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Well, perhaps, just maybe, I don't know... to keep an eye on the internet's premier gathering place for wackos and nutjobs who might pose the most dangerous terrorist threat to the U.S. - domestic terrorists. Take that Jared Lee Loughner guy for instance...

- PS

I'm not one of 'em, so... move along. Move along.
edit on 3/10/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: PS and typos

That's actually a really good point admittedly. And to be perfectly honest, yeah, I guess It is plausible ATS could be looked at given the fact that there was a killer here. Whether we are all being monitored though, or whether there are government agents working here (Referencing the OP, not you here) is a different thing though.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Not sure what you are expecting the site owners to do? Are they supposed to "out" any government shills they know about or kick them off? Sounds to me like you would like them to do something like that. Am I right?

Maybe they should be forced to wear a special banner over their avatar designating their status as "employed by" FBI, CIA, HS,; etc.
That would be fodder for some great debates; except it would be totally unenforcable.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

It was Socrates who once said that “True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing”. ATS members would do well to recognise this.

You do not know that the NWO exist, the world will end in 2012, Aliens exist, fluoride is in the water, the queen is a shape shifting reptilian, the CIA and Al’Qa’ida are best buddies and the Jew’s are a bunch of Satan worshipers who secretly run the planet by conducting false flags like 9/11. No, you don’t know that any of this is true, you only believe it to be true, it is not fact in the same way it is a fact that oxygen is in the air. These are all beliefs with no real foundation in fact just some warped revisionist history , paranoid personalities and the use of selective facts and a splash of spin to create these ludicrous beliefs that you all present as being “fact”. The government are not interested in your paranoid beliefs born out of your religion of conspiracy.

I love it when this paranoia manifests itself in posters ranting about how ATS is full of government shills, the CIA are watching us all, the white van outside your house isn’t really your neighbours plumber fitting a new bathroom, but rather it is the FBI watching you because you posted on ATS last week that a nuclear false flag was imminent. The real conspiracy here is that ATS isn’t really much of a conspiracy site, on the whole it’s just a bunch of people talking about current affairs but with a paranoid slant on everything. Why would the government want to read the rubbish on this site?

There is nothing on ATS that is not in the public domain the idea that the government would be interested in what some random online blogger going by the name of “kevinunknown” thinks about 9/11 conspiracies if flattering but it’s not going to happen now is it. I can’t see my name or the name of any other ATSter popping up in the Presidents daily intelligence briefing in the morning, although that would make for some very humours reading. There is no way the government give 2 craps what I think or what any other poster on ATS thinks, they only care about what we think in the run up to an election.

So why are the owners of ATS not telling us about any contact they have between the CIA, FBI, MI6, DGSE, Mossad, ISI and so on..... Because they don’t give a dam about who you think was behind 9/11. Why would the government in their investigation into any event turn to a bunch of paranoid individuals to find out who was behind some kind of international crisis. Even if they were spying on us (and they’re not) why would they even bother what would they do with that intelligence. Its not like some analyst at the CIA is going to go to his boss “errr, sir, these guys at ATS are saying the Galactic federation of light are about to invade”. The Idea the intelligence services are spying on us is just a bad joke.

And no I was not paid for this post

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Personally it's none of our business. They are the owners and they handle it. I personally don't care what alphabet agency is involved in ATS. I will say hi to them like i would any other member. If something of importance comes up the owners or admin always post the information in a nice detailed thread. They do it right and I like that. Example, the whole Jared Laughtner or however you spell it situation since he was a member. I thought how ATS handled that was pretty good.

What kind of restricted access do you think is on ATS? If there is some agency watching ATS, and I believe it'd be silly to think they don't, they wouldn't need the owners to get into areas of the site they wanted to see. I am sure they have the means

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join