It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

b2 bomber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i live in wisconsin and the other day i was at the beach on pewaukee lake, which is about a half hour west of milwaukee. while taking in the day, i noticed the distinct shape of a b2 bomber banking in the sky, then leveling off. when it leveled off it was hardly visible except for the bulge of where the cockpit is...it then flew off to the northwest, then i wondered, why would a b2 bomber be flying over pewaukee lake wisconsin???

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Why wouldn't it? are there any air force bases around that are if there are well there is you answer if there are not well i�m sure it had a good reason for flying there but i doubt there is something top secret going on if there was they sure as hell would not fly the B-2 during the day

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
im 100pct certain it was a b2 or equivalent, i got a real good look at it and checked it against specs/pictures posted on govt sites....when it banked you could clearly see the siloutte of the black v-wing with the notches in it and when it leveled off it was just flat except a little bulge where the cockpit was...theres not an airforce base real close but there are some in the region. one thing there is close by is the air national guard base which does refueling

[edit on 21-7-2004 by spangbr]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Actually as an anual thing for me I go to EAA airshow in Oskosh every summer. And it is in cheesehead land, I mean Wisconsin. Anyhow I saw a B-2 take off from there. Quite a sight to see though. So your sighting wasn't anything unusual. It was first publicly shown at the Paris Airshow. In fact it stopped rush hour traffic in Paris because people stopped to have a look. Thats the first time an aircrafts ever done that.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
the eaa airshow in oshkosh doesnt start until the 27th. this happened like 2 weeks ago... the only thing i can think of is maybe they were doing some refueling excercisies with the air guard refueling wing from milwaukee

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It starts on the 27th. Ok I'll need to mark that on my calender. Well it is a large airshow so they might be doing some early practice and such.

posted on Jul, 26 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Probably refuling exercizes, or practicing flying over different kinds of terrain and using the Radar.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorence

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The B-2 regularly flies "simulated" sorties on targets in the continental U.S for pilot training. They may "bomb" a building as close as kansas city or as far away as alaska. What you saw was just a B-2 on a routine mission.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
ahhh the b-2...good stuff, i see those quite often around here. i live in 5-10 minutes walking distance of the lockheed martin air base runway in Fort Worth, Texas. IF i could jump the fence...but i might get shot or sumtin so naw
i get on top of my roof for the air show, and its f'in awesome, all sorts of planes and crap.

prolly nothing top secret, just missions like ghost said

top topics

join