It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Face of 7 Billion people :

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Foxnews ran an article on 4th March and ironically it is sponsored by Dupont. the most common face of the planet
Foxnews

Digital artist Joe Lertola then recreated the image on the right, in the style of pointilist paintings, using 7,000 human figures -- one for every million people on the planet. Watch the video for a few more interesting facts, and some thoughts on who the most typical person will be in 2020.

they even predicted that most people on the planet will have this typical facial features by 2020!.

edit on 10-3-2011 by affeyee because: malformed link

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So Asians are going to take over the planet?

There was already a thread on this from a few weeks ago, just to let you know.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I do not believe this is the topic of this thread...

I honestly wonder if people actually read the OP's anymore before commenting

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

I did read it and what I said was intended as a joke..

I had nothing more to add because there is already a thread on this posted by CanadianDream I believe

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

well, i did a search before i posted this..i couldn't find anything on this and i search exactly on the title of the topic from the news.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SpreadLoveNotHate

the intention of me posting this thread is to highlight the fact that, chinese have a very distinctive features, especially on the facial structure, the report says that by 2020 there will be 7 billion people with a typical "chinese" feature. which means any genetic traits is most likely to survive through this 7 billion people for generations to come. Therefore any offspring of mix chinese parentage will inherits more genetic traits of his/her chinese parent. genetic traits such as epicanthic fold will probably be more dominant.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I like Fox News and all but there going by denise population and of course the Chinese are going to top the list.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Oklastatefan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sorry, I'm not buying into a common face. The nose looks too much like "swine".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Well that's been the common face of Asians for forever. By 2020, I see no reason for their face to morph to something different. If I have 5 billion red M&M's and 2 billion yellow, green, brown, and white
M&M's, the most common M&M will be a red one. Doesn't seem weird, or newsworthy to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

My initial thought, upon seeing the nose, was that it is a "Michael Jackson"-style nose.

reply to post by affeyee

Originally posted by affeyee
the report says that by 2020 there will be 7 billion people with a typical "chinese" feature.

Where does it say that? There is not quite 7 Billion people total right now. The general consensus, is that by the year 2050, there will be between 9 and 10 Billion people on Earth. So by 2020, how could it be possible that 7 Billion people will have these "Chinese features"??

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

MJ's nose was "retrofitted" but a chinese is born with that nose shape..hahahaha

National Geographic's latest project is an ambitious effort to understand the human race -- a race that will soon encompass a staggering 7 billion human beings, the magazine said. As part of its project, National Geographic set out to figure out what constitutes the most typical attributes of human beings. After combing through the stats, they determined that the most typical person is Chinese, as 19% of humanity is, and speaks Mandarin -- as 13% of people do.

i believe the statement quoted on 7 billion is for the entire human race not chinese alone
but out of the 7 billion, you will find a common facial feature of a chinese.

i hope i did not confuse myself either..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by affeyee

Just saw that video last night at a lecture by the former president of National Geographic.

Pretty cool I guess.
edit on 11-3-2011 by PieKeeper because: (no reason given)

top topics

join