It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sushi/Sashimi really healthy, or an Epidemic waiting to happen?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black
reply to post by halfoldman

I have eaten so much bait I can only imagine what is crawling around inside by belly. From raw fish eel chicken to grilled rat in the dark alley to the old lady who washes the bowl out in the bucket to only scoop out a fresh bowl of ramen and add it to the bowl her you go.

And you know what I'm still here.

But parasites generally don't kill their hosts that would be counter-productive for them, they just live and remain inside your body.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I like my sushi battered in corn meal and deep fried...served with fries, slaw, and hush puppies...oh, and hot sauce...can't forget the hot sauce.

catfish! yum! i used to serve gator tail and rattlesnake in my restaurants. boneless rattlesnake, deep fried. catch 'em myself! kidding, from a farm in north dekota.

also sturgeon, very nice fish but a pain to cut up. they are called bullets and are farmed.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Hopefully with all the alcohol I drank last nigh I flushed them out..... I was pretty polluted last night.... He he he

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Hopefully with all the alcohol I drank last nigh I flushed them out..... I was pretty polluted last night.... He he he

lol, i never got sick from anything when i stayed drunk.

it kills all and preserves.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Now that you mention alcohol, whenever I think to myself "You shouldn't have eaten that" or "It wasn't really heated enough" I always have a quick slug of whisky........ just to put my mind at ease....It seems to work!

Perhaps Sakai kills the Sushi parasites!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thank you for your post. That's why Iam vegetarian and do not eat fish. Don't miss it at all. Your information just made me feel even more sure that I am doing a right thing for my health.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by quitesane

Thank you for your post. That's why Iam vegetarian and do not eat fish. Don't miss it at all. Your information just made me feel even more sure that I am doing a right thing for my health.

Even if you don't eat any meat or fish......beware of salads.......especially from restaurants!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

they can be even more deadly! salad bars!!

you never can tell if the food is handled correctly.

what some do is go to the town hall and read the results for restaurant inspections.

public files.

edit on 10-3-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

you never can tell if the food is handled correctly.

what some do is go to the town hall and read the results for restaurant inspections.

I think that statement applies to all foods served in restaurants, but if it's cooked and piping hot then you at least know most of any nasty bugs should be killed off.......hopefully!.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
We are vegetarian and yet my husband has to filet and prepare fish at work. I was amazed when i moved to the coast and watched him work..ALL fish have worms in them, he has to pull them out as he filets the fish it is soooo sick to watch! i had no idea how worm ridden fish are and i assume it is the same for all animals since people have to deworm the horses, cows and even dogs and cats all the time.
Most of the worms will stay in there is no way to get them all out even with the thin filets.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

I have eaten so much bait I can only imagine what is crawling around inside by belly. From raw fish eel chicken to grilled rat in the dark alley to the old lady who washes the bowl out in the bucket to only scoop out a fresh bowl of ramen and add it to the bowl her you go.

And you know what I'm still here.

But parasites generally don't kill their hosts that would be counter-productive for them, they just live and remain inside your body.

They often make you feel sick or tired all the time, even your pets with worms or other parasites are very effected in their energy level and may other neg symtoms. If people die by parasites most will never know that was the cause, it will look like some cronk illness they normaly do not autopsy and look for worms in your heat lungs and brain...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
We are vegetarian and yet my husband has to filet and prepare fish at work.

My parents use to have a fish & chip shop in the UK, and I remember that before they fried the cod, every so often my mother had to remove some still wriggling red coloured worms about a couple of inches long from the fish before she cooked it.
The frying would surely have cooked and killed these worms, but it probably might put off customers if they found one in their fried fish!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

great info

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Bear grills always takes a bite out of freshly caught salmon (freshwater) seconds after it comes out of the water - skin and all. Looks so good I wana try it. Is Bear grills risking it - or does it only apply to saltwater?

bear grylls is such a fraud that most likely that salmon was taken off the buffet cart off camera and wasn't wild to begin with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join