It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine town becomes first in the nation to pass "Food Sovereignty" law.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KAOStheory

it was part of a set I wrote over the health care bill... the states only had to reserve the right or the people did pre passage of the law and poof... it is legal because the right was reserved....

Oh they will find a way to tear it up...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is a beautiful thing to see. I just hope they don't in turn put themselves in jeopardy. We know how the thugs at big agro work. And the fact they are in bed with the govt. I will be tuned into this to see where it goes

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

ive said it before, and i'll say it again, and again, and again...
The first step to real change all starts with our food!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
CHAPEAU !!!! congratulations from Europe ! it was about great time to begin with something against those corporations that want us to eat GMO's and other crapfood instead of good natural food you easily can control and let grow yourself !
People will take control back about THEIR life ! Was about time ! now spread the word and the positiv actions all around the country and hopefully we will see another society, a better one for sure, more healthy one, more human one in the near future !
Nobody has to put his nose into the way I want to eat ! but what I want first of all is NATURAL food, human food, just cheap also because coming from my fellow citizens .

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is amazing that this is happening in Maine, but, I tell you what...

Its even more amazing that almost every post in this thread has been in favor of this and no one is actually attempting to protect the "Rights of the Corporations" to regulate our food for "safety standards" for the sheep of America." Vomit...

Look around folks, this is one of the first threads where the intent has been purely in favor of the people.

WOW!!! Progress is being made.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Go Maine!
This is great news, thank you for posting.

Heh, Food Safety

Like we could trust the Feds to do what is our best interest!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Awesome! Hopefully Florida is next

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Or NH

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

S & F. Word of this needs to get out into mainstream media so that other communities will take charge as well. Our legislators are creating laws that enable corporations to control what we eat and to arrest people for selling illegal "drugs" aka vitamins, supplements, etc. They want to eliminate small farmers and people who sell health foods and supplements so that they can charge outrageous prices for simple things. Or, prevent the average person from eathing a healthy, organic diet.

I can see this situation, though, sprialing into a Waco-styled stand-off between armed FDA agents and people who just want quality, healthy food that has not been genetically engineered.

Im sure Dr Rima Laibow of Natural Solutions is aware of this or will be. You could send her an email alerting her. Heres the website: www.drrima.net...
But then by the sound of your post, I'm guessing you might already know about her activism against Codex Alimentarius.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well, I don't know about "rightful place," in as much as remembering what standards have been set by those many great Fouding Fathers from New England. One could argue that as much on the philosophy of true freedom and liberty have come out of Virginia as they have from Massachusetts (not the only state in New England, I know).

In any case, this is a good thing. There is no reason we cannot teach people how to live on food coming directly from the ground or right out of a cow, without the goverment imposing laws, fees, fines, taxes and restrictions on exactly how it should be done.

I also like to look to those of western PA and the "Whiskey Rebellion" (later dubbed Whiskey Insurrection by our wonderful government education system) for an example of how much freedom we think we have versus how much we actually have... at least in an oligarchy (oops, I mean a federal republic with a strong democratic tradition.)

The place for freedom is inside each person's heart... not a state, nor region, nor country. When this is finally recognized, then who the heck will need countries?

[color=Cyan]“One does not sell the earth upon which the people walk.” ~Crazy Horse

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
S&F!

As someone who puts food quality #1 on the list, I would love to see the movement come to my town, and every other town in America. I am planning on growing what I can and canning it for future use, and would like to take part in farmers markets and all that like we do every year-- but it appears that may be taken away too. This is outrageous. The government has gotten WAY out of control. We NEED to fix this asap!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
S&F!

Glad to hear somebody is taking a stand. Now I simply wonder if the feds are going to try and do anything to stop it and what the response will be by those people. Since it is unlawful for the state and federal government to try and run the show in that town, will the local authorities be arresting federal inspectors and the like? Could be very interesting.

Go Maine!

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I think this story is so awesome, it needs a bump!

I found it again this morning here, and it
was encouraging!

Lettuce Alone!

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
This is pretty badass.

I wish I heard about more towns/states doing this instead of whinning about monsanto's takeover.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join