It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine town becomes first in the nation to pass "Food Sovereignty" law.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Fantastic!
Now if those ‘5 Musketeers’ can spread out into a legion across the Nation and if other States would follow their lead?
GOODBYE Monsanto! GOODBYE Codex Alimentarius! S&F for you!

peace

I think I am going to move to Maine!!!! When the rest of the country finds it's balls and stops sending their kids to fight in corporate wars, then and only then will we be able to actually creep forward into the future in good health.

link   
Awesome.
if you are what you eat...
Food Soveriegnty begets Human Soveriegnty!

∞♡∞
edit on 10-3-2011 by awake1234 because: LOVE ∞ link ∞

link   
Clearly the people of this nation pay for millions of studies, some stupid and wasteful some helpful, we are entitled to the results of these studies about how things we choose to do effect out health, and yet we should always have a choice...do we want raw milk...do we want to buy local un-fed inspected meat and produce. we should always have a right to make up our own mind!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
America doesn't need congress, all it needs it's this kind of towns with this kind of citizens.

If you don't show up to vote on the measures, it's your own fault.

And for big cities, guess what, since most of you don't care, the big cities will follow whatever the smaller towns around it votes on.

So true, Congress as all politicians vote what gets them what THEY want and for bribes they don't seem to ever vote what the population of their state wants anymore...that should be illegal they should be forced to represent the people who sent them to Washington.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Nice find,.
it would Great if they can pull this off.
Setting an example for many across the nation
that have had enough,. I would like to be a part of this

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This thrills me to see. My body has issues with pasteurized milk product, but can handle raw milk products just fine (good bacteria are killed in the pasteurizing process). That I had heard stories of the Feds raiding places for selling raw cheese sent chills up my spine.

In this day and age, where we are capable of rapidly testing the levels and types of bacteria in milk, there is no excuse for banning raw milk products.

Thank you for posting this, OP!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
is it just me or is the OP's link not working?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Great post. I was born in a small town in Europe where my grandparents had chickens, rabbits, goats, pigs, and the neighbors had cows and other animals. My grandfather was a hunter, and every now and then he would bring back venison or wild boar. I remember being able to drink unpasteurized milk, cheese, yogurt, and my grandmother would kill a chicken or two on occasion for their meat. As a kid I didn't enjoy watching animals die, but certainly they were very tasty once I got over the initial shock.

When we immigrated to the U.S. we found out that finding "REAL" milk, cheese and all those things was going to be a lot harder. The taste of milk, cheese and meat was completely different. It was packed with preservatives and didn't even taste like the real thing anymore. Over the years I got used to it, but every time we go back to visit family I am always looking forward to the real, natural, home-grown food.

As my former country becomes more and more capitalistic (and certainly I do appreciate Capitalism over Communism), the food you find in grocery stores has come to resemble the food in the U.S. It is now shipped to their stores from other countries as opposed to being home-grown and delivered to the stores from local farmers. Now that things are mass-produced on a huge scale, things don't taste the same anymore. I'd have to go to a local farm or neighbor to get the type of food I was used to when I was a kid.

One day while vacationing in my home country my grandmother asked me to pick up a big box of milk for her. I wondered if she'd be able to drink all of it before it went bad, but it turned out that she was now buying heavily preserved milk. When she asked me to set it down in the basement instead of the refrigerator, I almost fell over. I wondered how the hell this milk didn't expire within the first day without being refrigerated. The expiration date said it would be good for a whole month!!! I remember when we would pick up two 1-Liter glass bottles of milk every couple of days, because it would go bad pretty quickly. Now they sell milk that lasts a month without being refrigerated? It was VERY difficult finding "REAL" milk the last time I was there. Like I said, if I wanted the real thing I'd have to go to a neighbor who has a cow.

Sad times. I grew up on the real thing and I never got sick from any of it. I think this food regulation is complete B.S. Seems like every week there is a salmonella outbreak in peanut butter, tomatoes, spinach, chicken, and so forth. Where's the safety in all this regulation???
edit on 10-3-2011 by 2manyquestions because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
pastuerization was invented around the mid-1880's so humanity has been drinking raw milk for thousands of years and seemed to handle it with no problems.

so i don't know what this debate is really about. probably money.

but having drunk raw milk minutes from being milked, i can tell you that it is disgusting if you're not used to the taste.

it is a steaming, curdled liquid with a strong smell and even stronger gamey revolting aftertaste that would make your stomach turn.

but saying that, i kind of miss it. it is much more tasty than the bland, bleached stuff they sell at supermarkets.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great news, sick of the government telling me what I can and cannot eat, now those crooks are trying to go after organic food and vitamins, there is a scare campaign out there now telling people that eating organic and taking vitamins are dangerous for you, just who do you think is funding these campaigns, wouldn't be Monsanto and Big Pharma among other large corporations now would it.

There are areas in the country now where the government is telling people they can't grow their own food on their own property, time for the American people to stand up and fight, if we don't then we deserve what we get.

I used to buy raw milk all the time, only reason I don't now is because I don't live near the source any longer.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Good on you guys! Full support from me! We should be able to eat what we grow and produce ourselves - and sell it to our neighbours - regardless of idiotic health & safety legisation from central government.

Here in Britain you now risk getting prosecuted for selling homemade jam at the village fete!

And seems Australia is as bad:

www.smh.com.au...

Bring back common sense!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
when this goes through I intend to buy all of my seeds/seedlings from this area. If everyone did the same it would send a definite message.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am glad to see people actually try to fight the good fight. I just feel bad for these poor farmers families and what they will likely go through now: armed swat team raids of their homes in the middle of the night, confiscation of the fruits of their labor and the intense media campaigns to demonize them as extremist with their dangerous milk and milk products.

edit: I guess because they are knowingly producing something that can have harmful bacteria, DHS will get them for manufacturing biological weapons.

Oh well, I guess I can just keep waving my flag, chanting "Land of the Free."

edit on 10-3-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Now those are real Americans. The power has always been yours just because someone else says it isn't doesn't make it true. You are all co-creators of reality.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Why what the cities are doing here is completely LEGAL... thats right....

Tenth Amendment

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Well they placed a reservation and have reserved a right... I believe they must send notification to the white house or the senate/house to officially formalize it...

But most contract law would be that the citizens have formally reserved it and the law being passed is considered public notice....

Now if Texas where to do it...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
this is great news.

when things got realy bad.
they would take all the food from you.
proces it and sell it back to you.

now you have the Real Money.
whitch is trase goods.

small towns need to make trade comunitys.
so you dont need money.

tell the tax man you have No money.
and offer to pay with a chiking or grain.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I hope that works. I was just going to comment on a comment in the original article, questioning if this would hold up legally...let's all hope that this isn't one more piece of our constitution to be crumpled up for use as toilet paper for TPTB.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Great stuff! I'm in Europe, but I always thought Maine must be special as that's where my Fluoride-Free toothpaste came from

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I fear for this town, I really do. If some crazy incident doesn't descend upon them, I would be surprised.

At the very least, very many, and very large cogs are already turning, to make sure this is turned into a Federal issue, for the media to devour, and the vultures to pick at.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
bravo!! they are leading by example.....who's next???

star and flag my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join