It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subject info The Book of Enoch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
"And our sister Sophia (is) she who came down in innocence in order to rectify her deficiency. Therefore she was called Life, which is the mother of the living, by the foreknowledge of the sovereignty of heaven. And through her they have tasted the perfect Knowledge. I appeared in the form of an eagle on the tree of knowledge, which is the Epinoia from the foreknowledge of the pure light, that I might teach them and awaken them out of the depth of sleep. For they were both in a fallen state, and they recognized their nakedness. The Epinoia appeared to them as a light; she awakened their thinking

I am very curious about this part, Is sister Sophia the tree of life, if you were to die and become one with the tree of life than you are reawakened back to life would that having meaning as in what is written say visting sister Sophia?
Now if Epinoia came to you in an eagle form and showed how to be an eagle trained you, and well being an eagle you visit a golden city in a cloud, those who live in the city, are ancient people from the past who take turns
wispering to you and you return as a human again. is there any old meanings that reflect the eagle and a golden city and the name of the city?

What charactor would this person play from the past who would they be?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CIGGSofWAR

And what book is this in again? How come I don't remember ever reading any of this in Enoch before?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR
"And our sister Sophia (is) she who came down in innocence in order to rectify her deficiency. Therefore she was called Life, which is the mother of the living, by the foreknowledge of the sovereignty of heaven. And through her they have tasted the perfect Knowledge. I appeared in the form of an eagle on the tree of knowledge, which is the Epinoia from the foreknowledge of the pure light, that I might teach them and awaken them out of the depth of sleep. For they were both in a fallen state, and they recognized their nakedness. The Epinoia appeared to them as a light; she awakened their thinking

I am very curious about this part, Is sister Sophia the tree of life, if you were to die and become one with the tree of life than you are reawakened back to life would that having meaning as in what is written say visting sister Sophia?
Now if Epinoia came to you in an eagle form and showed how to be an eagle trained you, and well being an eagle you visit a golden city in a cloud, those who live in the city, are ancient people from the past who take turns
wispering to you and you return as a human again. is there any old meanings that reflect the eagle and a golden city and the name of the city?

i think it's just symbolism. death begets life, sophia gave her life to nourish another's life, in whatever form that may have been in, physically, or with the soul charge of pure unconditional love, like jesus left when he passed, and left the evidence of this on the shroud of turin.

and the eagles meaning enlightenment, obviously. reread it like that and it should make sense. we see these same archetypes in all religious myths.

just my two cents though !

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

I never read the scritures before, I was pondering about it, seeing if there were connections of coindense

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Perhaps another view of translation, the view was interesting

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The book of Enoch as an interesting tale. Many interpret it to be a description of him being taken into space by aliens. It also explains male angels mating with human females. Here is a link to the PDF file. It is pretty long but worth the read.

hermetics.org

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
www.gnosis.org...
This was from the website, it was being discussed on another thread Seeing if others have any more thoughts on this, another view from to look at an experience

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CIGGSofWAR

Sophia σοφία is the Greek word for wisdom.
edit on 10/3/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join