It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Suspicious SOHO Photo? And X1.5 solar flare

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
First Photo: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Top left hand corner, 3 white lights make a perfect triangle. Thought it was pretty suspicious, and they stand out from the rest of the stars in the background

Second Photo: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

could just be missing data points though
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)


Side note: X1.5 solar flare due late march 9th (today)
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Past week has been incredibly active
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I can draw like 5 perfect triangles on there, you're seeing stars. An alien craft that big would be many times the size of earth, nothing to see here people move along



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
I can draw like 5 perfect triangles on there, you're seeing stars. An alien craft that big would be many times the size of earth, nothing to see here people move along


Besides an X1.5 flare pointed at earth that is



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk
 


Nice timing...The article seemed to suggest that it could be headed our way but I didn't see anything about when it's supposed to be here.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
thats just some stars dude



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by thedeadwalkk
 


Nice timing...The article seemed to suggest that it could be headed our way but I didn't see anything about when it's supposed to be here.


Space weather says its due lat march 9th. But I dont know if thats when its supposed to be ejected from the sun, or if/when its supposed to hit the earth. Also, look at all the solar flares since march 7th on there, seems alot for only 2 days no?
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   



Blue triangle is what I assume you were referring to. Here's some more!



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk
 


Is that GMT?
edit on 9-3-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye



Blue triangle is what I assume you were referring to. Here's some more!


Yes the blue one. Probally nothing, but I saw those and the X1.5 solar flare, decided to post both to save some space, and possible one pointless thread

solar flare:
Space Weather Message Code: SUMX01
Serial Number: 69
Issue Time: 2011 Mar 09 2354 UTC

SUMMARY: X-ray Event exceeded X1
Begin Time: 2011 Mar 09 2313 UTC
Maximum Time: 2011 Mar 09 2323 UTC
End Time: 2011 Mar 09 2329 UTC
X-ray Class: X1.5
Optical Class: 2b
Location: N90W10
NOAA Scale: R3 - Strong
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   


You might be familiar with this one already but I haven't seen it anywhere here. Positively, definitely, incontrovertibly, not one of ours.



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
8.3168708min. That's how long it take the light from the sun to reach earth. Approx. 15min for a solar flare to reach earth. Your point was moot by the time you posted it. At the most my computer would not be working anymore and at the least i'd be seeing some beautiful northern lights right now. Neither has happened.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Chindogu because: grammer



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73
 


Could you repost that vid or just put a link. It's not working. thx



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chindogu
8.3168708min. That's how long it take the light from the sun to reach earth. Approx. 15min for a solar flare to reach earth. Your point was moot by the time you posted it. At the most my computer would not be working anymore and at the least i'd be seeing some beautiful northern lights right now. Neither has happened.

edit on 9-3-2011 by Chindogu because: grammer


You are right and wrong. Light reaches us in 8min, but the effects caused by particles ejected by the sun take 1-3days to reach us depending on their speed.
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Can someone explain this to me?
I am just not getting it, where is the UFO?



posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conkey
Can someone explain this to me?
I am just not getting it, where is the UFO?


There isn't, its a set of random points joined by the mind, as shown there's many possible triangles in the picture (mind you, if you read all the thread before just posting the reply you would have seen that
).

As for the flare, who knows what will happen if it does come towards us, earth seems to be having a pretty strange time of it lately with dead birds and fish, 100m fissures opening with no quakes and many many quakes hitting the headlines (yes I know there's quakes all the time but these are pretty huge ones)



posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc
 


Oh thank you oh wise one i don't know where i would be without you



posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hey guys, Sorry to post here but I joined this forum for some advice on a strange object I filmed but can't start a thread.. I was filming at the Avalon Air-Show just outside Melbourne Australia on March 5 2011, I didn't see it untill viewing my video's after but a silver disc football? shaped object flew at high speed over a jet doing a fly by its only in 2 frames at the very start but watching on a plazma screen there is another object at the end of the 3 second video can't be seen on my youtube upload..

Thanks in advance Neil...

www.youtube.com...



posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk

You are right and wrong. Light reaches us in 8min, but the effects caused by particles ejected by the sun take 1-3days to reach us depending on their speed.
edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)


"The radiation risks posed by coronal mass ejections are a major concern in discussions of a manned mission to Mars, the moon, or other planets. Energetic protons can pass through the human body, causing biochemical damage,[4] and hence present a hazard to astronauts during interplanetary travel. Some kind of physical or magnetic shielding would be required to protect the astronauts. Most proton storms take two or more hours from the time of visual detection to reach Earth's orbit. A solar flare on January 20, 2005 released the highest concentration of protons ever directly measured,[5] taking only 15 minutes after observation to reach Earth, indicating a velocity of approximately one-third light speed, giving astronauts as little as 15 minutes to reach shelter."

(from Wikipedia)

What I gather from this is from 15min to a few hours, but I couldn't find anything referring to days. I may be wrong, could you link where you found your info regarding 1-3 days. It's all a learning experience and I am quite interested in solar phenomenons. Thx.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)




top topics



 
1

log in

join