It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you get it? "One part of the government lending to the another part of the government"..."plus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This vid is advertised as "Ben Bernanke Gets Schooled About Andrew Jackson, Currencies and Federal Debt". However the key point I took from it is this:

Senator Kirk: In laymans terms, this is one part of the government lending to the another part of the government money, which would not lead to long term confidence, once the people understood the basics a little bit better.

Bernake: Well it should be added that we also have an funding cost, and as interest rates goes up we will have a liability cost as well as an asset cost so it may or may not be a return to the Treasury.

This is your money they're talking about. When they say 'may not be a return to the Treasury', this means lost tax money.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I like how every time Bernanke gets asked a question he doesn't want to answer he acts like he just heard the question in a foreign language.

I love seeing this guy speechless.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
To be fair, I checked links to the vid and it's in another thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

join