It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMI site latest target of Anonymous DDoS attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The Web site of Broadcast Music Inc. (BMI) has been down since last night after being targeted by a distributed denial-of-service attack launched by the Anonymous hacker group as part of what it calls its "war on copyright."

CNET

It seems a paradigm to approve of some of the actions of this group while reviling others. I personally have mixed feelings on this one. At least it was only a DDoS attack and no harm was actually done to the data at BMI. I am mixed though, because I know what scumbuckets these organizations can be and how they take the majority of the earnings on material originally created by an artist. Organizations like BMI and MPAA rob artists blind and get rich off of their creations. However, I dont think it is the concern of Anon to deal with these companies, rather the artists themselves.

I think I disagree with this attack, mostly based on the old adage of "butting in where its not your concern".

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Targeting evil? Nothing wrong with that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

You noes why they pointed the lazors at BMI?

Because they want to sue you for having illegal mp3's and thousands per copies, if you wantz that then go support BMI.

also the operationpayback started with copywrong go figure why they attxzd teh bmi.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Why attack a marginal evil corporation when there are soooo many other evil ones out there. BP Oil, Halliburton, any bank/wall street that took a bailout, the US Gov't, etc. I don't think this has anything to do with the "evils" or "injustices" that Anon looks at. I equate evil organizations to the movie Vampires with James Woods, kill the main one and the others get killed as well. I think they might just be looking for recognition with this latest PR stunt...and I say PR stunt because they have a spokesperson. I have no computer hacking skills. If I did, no information would be secret anymore...don't they support Wikileaks? Why not hack the Gov't and release more information that the public doesn't know about? It just doesn't make sense to me why they would go after a music label.

top topics

join