It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare Class X Today, As Reported On SolarSoft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hey guys,

We just had a X1.5 solar flare today, at 23:16. Here's where you can see the data: www.lmsal.com...

I wonder if it is linked to the huge solar storm two days ago:

I'm actually trying to figure out if the flare is Earth-directed. Anyone knows how we do that?

To me it is clear that we are riding the solar maximum. It looks like it's gonna be a really active one.

Any thoughts on the matter?
edit on 9-3-2011 by Gab1159 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
if this is what they are like now i can only imagine when they reach their peak at the end of next year -beginning of 2013 and if they are earth direct i think they will knock out a few more things that satellites. I believe it hit real hard in 1860s and apparently all the telegraph polos and houses burst into flames burning all that was in the buildings

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well, my car's navigation system is wacky this evening and it's internal compass seems a few degrees off. It's a new car (7 months old) and I haven had this issue before. I don't think I was getting a satilite signal.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
if this is what they are like now i can only imagine when they reach their peak at the end of next year -beginning of 2013 and if they are earth direct i think they will knock out a few more things that satellites. I believe it hit real hard in 1860s and apparently all the telegraph polos and houses burst into flames burning all that was in the buildings

I didn't know flares could burn things here on Earth. With all the technologies, this is gonna be a big shock to humanity. I believe this may enlighten us, coming to a realization of how much we depend on technologies.

As I said, I can't be sure the picture and the X flare are related. The picture was taken yesterday, and the flare happened a couple hours ago. I was awaiting for the X flare to show up on SolarSoft yesterday, and it didn't appear. Maybe this is some kind of delay because I didn't witness any particular flare on SOHO images today...

new topics

top topics

join