It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional hearings on Islam: Rise of the Fourth Reich

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Congress will begin hearings Thursday on the threat of radicalization of Muslims, despite protests and questions of Islamophobia. Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) who is the the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee has stated that the goal of the hearings is "to establish and show the American people that there is a real threat of al-Qaida recruiting and of homegrown terrorists being self-radicalized within the Muslim community."

So in other words, it's stated purpose is propaganda. King has already made up his mind and now seeks evidence to support his biased position after the fact, and a pulpit from which to spread his message to the American people. In one breath he says that his only target is al-Qaeda, but in the next he talks about how the Muslim community is not doing enough to deter extremism in their midst.

Full article with videos at link:

Maintream Media Review
edit on 3/9/11 by StigShen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would guess that just about everyone here has an idea or an opinion why these hearings are taking place, or even being allowed, other than the threat of radical Muslims. So I thought maybe we could discuss the various reasons why. And I suppose, if you really do think Islam is a threat, we could talk about that too.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So it has come to this ! a very sad day indeed .It's like history repeating all over again and very reminisent of the communist witch hunt .Reds under the beds.Sad and disturbing .Was this tabled before the ME riots ?
edit on 9-3-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now hold on a minute. I have a question Rep. King: Shall we look around our own back yard a bit before we identify exactly who qualifies for the title of Fourth Reich?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good comments.
Islam isn't dangerous, people are.
No religion is dangerous in itself.
Peter King is a terrorist who wants to disarm Americans.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I use the Milton Bradley theory of politics.

"A popular game cannot be made without popular culture"
-Milton Bradley, founding principle

Politicians are opportunist.
If it's 'popular' ('viable' in their language) then they might be for it.

My feeling is that he isn't creating this,
but instead doing what he feels the public is ready to let him do.
And if he gets a little attention along the way that's all fine for his future.

==============================

Now enough about him.
How do I feel about it?
I'm glad you asked.

The members of Islam that I know
feel that they are consistently mischaracterized
by western media, and movies. Sad stereotypes,
and that their voice is not being heard. At all. Ever.

I haven't checked, by my hunch is that there are more
Islamic leaders lining up to testify than there is time to hear them.
It's an exciting opportunity; to be officially recognized, heard, and to
have their voice go out over western media so they can define themselves
and not have to suffer being painted as one thing or another.

The impulse to stop these hearings is doing a disservice to the Islamic community.

It's not like he's Joseph McCarthy or something (now those were some shameful hearings)
and everyone who testifies is going to have their careers ruined if they don't "toe the party line."
In fact, if we approach these hearings as an opportunity to clear the air about both McCarthism,
and Japanese internment camps, this could be a very very positive thing.

/end opinion

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

These hearings have nothing to do with clearing the air with Muslims, or McCarthy or the internment camps. They are all about whipping up public support for American imperialism and to deflect from the real issues. What perfect timing now too, with all of the unrest in the middle east again all of the sudden. Welcome to Phase 3.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Let us not forget too, that anti-Muslim sentiment has been deliberately executed at strategic times, and done well, with long term planning.

CIA Psyop: Cordoba Initiative

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StigShen
These hearings have nothing to do with clearing the air with Muslims, or McCarthy or the internment camps. They are all about whipping up public support for American imperialism and to deflect from the real issues. What perfect timing now too, with all of the unrest in the middle east again all of the sudden. Welcome to Phase 3.

I conceed your point.

Is is possible to still let
Muslims give their testimony anyway?

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Whatever Muslim leaders have to say will not make much difference. The masses don't much care for truth or logic. Of course, I suppose there might be the chance of a little of it sticking. But the hearings will be reduced to a few soundbytes on the evening news. That is all most of us will get.

Nothing that was written in the OP linked article is breaking news or anything new. Much of it is old news in fact. Simple statistics, basic logic, yet here we are face to face with these hearings. What was written in that article is completely foreign to the masses, as simple and straightforward as that article was.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StigShen

America should be much more worried about the threat of the corporation

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Let us not forget too, that anti-Muslim sentiment has been deliberately executed at strategic times, and done well, with long term planning.

CIA Psyop: Cordoba Initiative

Oh oh oh. That was the most loathsome, ghastly thing I have seen. Stig, I thank you for bringing this story and agree wholeheartedly with your assessments.

We must stop this. Too much manipulation, Naziesque tactics, hate-mongering... This is NOT the country I once loved.

Shall we do something? Or shall we do nothing. How about spreading ideas to solve this planet's problems? For any here that haven't read The End of Entropy and The Ethical Planetarian Party Platform, please do. Please.

They are linked in my sig.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I have been out of the loop today. Is there any news about these hearings today?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
A hearing was definitely needed. Mosques are nothing but recruitment centers for Al-Queda. Muslims seem to be so simple-minded, it doesn't take much persuassion to get them into terrorist mode.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You mean like the Ground Zero mosque being built by the CIA?

CIA PsyOp: Cordoba Initiative

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Congress will begin hearings Thursday on the threat of radicalization of Muslims, despite protests and questions of Islamophobia.

Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.) who is the the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee has stated that the goal of the hearings is "to establish and show the American people that there is a real threat of al-Qaida recruiting and of homegrown terrorists being self-radicalized within the Muslim community."

Uhh...Isn't the purpose of a hearing to discover the truth? Declaring the conclusion before the hearings have started or are concluded?....Geez, WTF has become of our government??
edit on 14-3-2011 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
What is wrong with hearings?
Investigations are not wrong.
This should be investigated.
They should also investigate the Black Panthers, Banks, US Southern Border Towns and the Fed Govt as a whole.

I don't understand how investigating and discussing is wrong. Become educated on the topic and go from there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I don't understand how investigating and discussing is wrong. Become educated on the topic and go from there.

The conclusion should not preceed the investigation.

Read the OP.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Why aren't we investigating Christians?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Muslims make up less then 1% of the US population.
Post 911, Muslims are more then 80% of those convicted of terrorism in the US.

The hearings are not a blanket condemnation of the Muslim faith. The hearings are an attempt to understand why some, mostly young male Muslims, are turning to violence.

Where is this extremism being taught and by whom?

If you can't talk about a problem then how can you make it better?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join