It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to put military radar on Canada border: Senators

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US government will place military-grade radar along the border with Canada to thwart low-flying aircraft used to smuggle illegal drugs onto US soil, senators who sought the deployment said Wednesday."

www.activistpost.com...

More Military installations being created in the name of "The War on Drugs" gives the "War on Terror" a break I guess. Doesn't really matter as the end result is the same. Seems to me that it can be seen as the "War on Americans" as well.

Starting to look like a border going up everywhere. Is this to keep people out...or in?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What a waste. What are they protecting us from? Drug dealers are the only ones with a very low unemployment rate. At least they have jobs with a progressive and secure outlook. This is proof. Another reason it is a waste? Because the drugs will be coming in through those big 18 wheeled mules from Mexico.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

I was gonna say, what about your southern border? You know, the one where all the MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS are... Oh wait, I forgot they (they being US government) are on the same side as the drug cartels
edit on 9-3-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
They should legalise drugs, manafacture it under strict guidelines in America, put it at a price affordable to the addicts, and then channel all that money back into there rehabilitation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

But as mentioned, is it to keep them out or citizens in? Easy way to put even more surveillance on the public.

Let's face it, the war on drugs was lost a long time ago. It will never be won and tax payers money will continue to be used to fight it.

Why is the war against those on the outside when it's the people on the inside of the border that are paying and using it? Wrong enemy me thinks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Why can’t the US legalize drugs? There’s ‘too much money in it,’ Clinton says!

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The flow of drugs is from the US to Canada so what is the real reason they want radar there?

Maybe it is to jam Canada's air traffic monitoring so its easier for all of those helicopters I see at night flying over the boarder low and dark.
edit on 9-3-2011 by dainoyfb because: of dreadful grammer.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

But as mentioned, is it to keep them out or citizens in? Easy way to put even more surveillance on the public.

I've thought that too, Americans that want to get away from their government blend in up here very well. They don't blend in, in Mexico.

The US government doesn't seem to care about who and what comes over their south border, and Canadians have no reason to want to flee south, none whatsoever :shk:

I doubt the amount of drugs going from Canada to the US is anywhere near what they're trying to make people believe. Plus, like you said, that war on drugs is useless, more people die on prescription drugs, especially in the US.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

There is a large amount of marijuana flowing from Canada to the US. The following is my outlook on the matter.

(Speculation)

Although Canada does have illegal trade entering the US, the Mexico border is much worse. The only other thing that comes to mind is the knowledge of a future war or a major economic collapse to pre-empt attempts at a major black market trade developing, which under both circumstances is likely. Although I sure someone can poke holes in this theory, it is just an idea, and you are welcome to.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

There is a large amount of marijuana flowing from Canada to the US. The following is my outlook on the matter.

(Speculation)

Although Canada does have illegal trade entering the US, the Mexico border is much worse. The only other thing that comes to mind is the knowledge of a future war or a major economic collapse to pre-empt attempts at a major black market trade developing, which under both circumstances is likely. Although I sure someone can poke holes in this theory, it is just an idea, and you are welcome to.

Although I do see your scenario as being credible, I can't see it as a priority(Black Market deterrent). In the case of War, this won't matter at all IMHO.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Does this mean I am going to have to go down to the border when these stupid things are installed and run a radar frequency and strength analyzer so I can make a quick fix to jam their crap? Do we really want to be bombarded by their ionizing radiation while we are in our offices, homes or farmers fields? I don't think so. I'd say DHS better rethink this one, nobody wants a remake of 1812, right? Or we could just turn off the exported water, oil, natural gas and electricity ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

to.

Although I do see your scenario as being credible, I can't see it as a priority(Black Market deterrent). In the case of War, this won't matter at all IMHO.

What I was thinking is in relation to war, prevent attack, combatants, arms for people in the country that could be sleeping operatives. And in economic collapse, controlling and goods that are priced disproportionately in both countries. I admit, there are holes in the idea, but throughout history in times of war and collapse are times where security is ramped up.

I really just draw a blank as to what could be the other causes. If it is just black trade as it is, then it is a large waste of money. But I suppose we will know the real answer by next decade, and it will probably be something that everyone regrets. I can't see any positives in a world that has to live under heavy security.

Disclaimer: for anyone that missed my last post this is purely speculation.
edit on 9-3-2011 by boncho because: note

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

to.

What I was thinking is in relation to war, prevent attack, combatants, arms for people in the country that could be sleeping operatives. And in economic collapse, controlling and goods that are priced disproportionately in both countries. I admit, there are holes in the idea, but throughout history in times of war and collapse are times where security is ramped up.

I really just draw a blank as to what could be the other causes. If it is just black trade as it is, then it is a large waste of money. But I suppose we will know the real answer by next decade, and it will probably be something that everyone regrets. I can't see any positives in a world that has to live under heavy security.

Disclaimer: for anyone that missed my last post this is purely speculation.
edit on 9-3-2011 by boncho because: note

True or not, it's well thought out and well spoken.

Thanks for the new thought process...Now I'll get absolutely no sleep over that one! LOL

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Is NORAD still in use?
I mean, if it can track Santa and his reindeer, couldn't
they possibly track these so called Canadian doper planes?

Why waste more money on something that is moot...why not
put them on the Mexican Border...lol...'cause the government makes too much
money on their shipments from the south.

ridiculous, totally insane...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Get your grubby american government hands off my canada obama! (not insulting the american population, just your government)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It will most likely have a long range wifi scanner so they can spy on everybodies computers. They have to put a log range scanner in to use all that data the google cars recorded. And don't forget they have the live cd wifi hack the FBI uses.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well the war-machine-insanity continues. I rather do suspect that, as mentioned above, this is to keep citizens in, though they will likely state it's to keep MJ out. (And I agree with most here - the War on (some people who use some) Drugs is just as insane as this idea; it's not a war on drugs - you can't go to war against inanimate objects, only people.)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

What's all that radiation going to do to the food supply that comes through?
Second line

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

What's all that radiation going to do to the food supply that comes through?
Second line

From Canada? I think we'll have the same issues they do - whatever they might be. I have no clue what the issues will be.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Well perhaps, but I was picturing a scenario of food stuffs being unloaded near Guatemala or Panama, then going through radiation at US border, then again at Canadian border.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join