It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Progressive Insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I thought the TV ads were stupid and annoying... I am now boycotting two radio stations now for playing this extremely stupid and annoying commercial over and over. Its a lady speaking with a stupid robotic voice lady mimicking the other lady, and the "funniest" part is when the lady asks the robot voice if its mimicing her and the voice says "kinda".

Who gets paid to think of this garbage?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I to am unemployed, and have a hard time occupying my time as i wait for the phone to wring. Some times when I'm streaming movies I see the same commercial 7 times in one sitting. I'm glad that I've found ways to mute the sound on my computer. I also find that it's a great time to use the restroom, or even pop some popcorn.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Flo is HOT

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/470da9dc6f21.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
what was top secret about that...?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Drunken rants from the unemployed are a major part of how the internet works. Welcome Noob.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Don't mess with Flo...
That is all

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

She is...in a strange way I can't currently comprehend...

It is pretty decent insurance though. Dirt cheap, and responsive. I've had nothing but good experiences with them over the years. Geico, on the other hand...can suck my ($*%(*%$ When I got married, they said there'd be a fee for them to re-evaluate the policy and then renew. So, they take this fee, then say, nope...sorry. WTF? Screw them, and their lizard! Been with Progressive ever since.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

True dat to the ni-inthe.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mailman

Star and flag, friend. I love Flo, don't get me wrong here, but Progressive Insurance is a joke, and here is why I think this. I had a 1967 Malibu coupe. All Super Sport equipment, 396/325 engine, 12 bolt posi rear end, traction bars, headers, chromed out engine, bucket seats, 4 speed Borg-Warner trans. This was a smoking car, and I took it down to my insurance agent, who took photos of it, the engine compartment, interior, front and rear, and both sides. I signed for a $5000 policy. I paid the premiums on it for two years, then one icy night she slid off the rad and hit a bridge, hard. The right side fender, door and grille, headlight assemblies, and hood were crushed. I called the company and next day the adjuster came out. He looked the car over, then handed me a check for $1875, the price of the car when brand new. After fighting with them for two weeks, I took the money and kept the car. Fixed it up and gave it to my daughter for her 16th birthday. She had a mild 350 automatic in her then. Progressive screwed me!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
You guys are lucky. I live in a province where we only have 1 insurance company. You get funny commercials with Flo and the nationality-ambiguous gecko. Though my all time favourites are the ones with the guy playing "Mayhem" like a teenage girl or an outdated GPS.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dendro

Yep, I do like the Mayhem commercials...brilliant concept.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I'm 38 and I've dated a lot of chicks... i think the thing that draws men to "Flo" is her confident demeanor... she's witty, fun to be around and just crazy enough to keep you on your toes.

Not a whole lotta cool chicks out there like that, relatively speaking!

(BTW, i have Progressive and they aren't cheap at all. They really kinda suck... they're like the Wal-Mart of insurance, but without the everyday low prices.)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

I think it's just that we know she'd be a freak in the sheets...

Sorry to hear about some folks' bad experiences though.... Older cars and payouts suck. My wife totaled an 89 Camaro RS (that we'd restored, etc.), and yeah, we didn't get too much for it either.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
well I do work full-time appreciatively, not that I wouldnt want to be an unemployed drunk or anything. Just saying.
So her name is Flo then? She is cute I agree but I think the product that is being sold detracts from her greatly.
She would be much more enjoyable in an erectile dysfunction ad, maybe she doesn't fit the age group though.

I use Nationwide, wich has since jumped on the annoying commercial bandwagon. What makes it nice for me is the secratary is a family friend so late payments are non-exsistent.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mailman

I saw a thread of your from now and then I checked out your list of threads and found this one.

You were ranting about insipid writing for insipid commercials. Maybe a larger question is ''how do they get away with it for so long''? My guess is that for one thing it is effective. Progressive put that woman on to see how her humor would fly with prospective customers and guess what, it was effective.

It is now nine years in the future from your OP here and guess what , she is still there. But now she has been joined by one more insipid guy who is more insipid than she is. And guess what. He works to because he is still there as well.

posted on Dec, 2 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
We have Progressive, too, they've been really easy to work with so far. And yeah, by far & wide, about the most affordable insurance option out there, in MI at least. Holy cow, can this state gouge on the insurance...

originally posted by: Dendro
Though my all time favourites are the ones with the guy playing "Mayhem" like a teenage girl or an outdated GPS.

I get a kick out of the Mayhem commercials, virtually all of them are something anyone can relate to.

Like this one. The toddler in the backseat commercial had me and my husband laughing borderline hysterically when it came out, because BTDT & it's SO much funnier when it's not you, lmao.

Wish I could find the entire commercial, but the snippet/short version works just as well!

top topics

join