It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas is at 8.56 dollars/gallon this very moment!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

the conversion of Swedish kroner to American dollar is 5.50 kroner to the dollar so that $156500 landcruiser is $28454.54 American
edit on 10-3-2011 by CaDreamer because: more input

Well it's 156500 USD coverted from 877340 Norwegian Kroner.

The same car costs $64000 in Miami

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Los Angeles - $4.12

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

European life style in no way equates to the Untited States. Your average european lives within 5 miles of there work. Biking becomes an option. Your groceries maybe 3 blocks. When i went to paris for exaple most perisians dont own a car. And in fact never have to leave there neighborhood. Everything is right by where they live and work. In the united States on average we have to drive say 30 miles to get to work.We go grocery shoping at least another 10 miles. You have to realize the size diffrence were talking about your country is smaller then most of our states. In the states cars are a neccesity with the exception of certain cities such as new york.

Here did some math on the size of the US compared to your country.

America:
Area
- Total 9,826,675 km2
3,794,101 sq mi

Sweden:
Area
- Total 449,964 km2
173,732 sq mi

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I still don't get why people are suggesting walking/biking/bus as a "simple" fix to the problem of fuel prices. These people fail to understand a few things.

First of which being what works for them doesn't work for everybody. Not everybody lives close enough to their work to walk or bike. Not everybody lives in a place where bus transit is available to and from work. Even if it is, not everybody has the time it would take to use it.

And second, high fuel prices, even if you don't own a car, are still costing you money. Because every single thing you could possibly buy is transported by something burning fuel, and when fuel prices rise the cost is passed onto you.

I would agree, the Oil market is in dire need of regulation. It's one of the few times regulation actually makes sense.

Again... Nobody said it walking and biking was a "fix" but it's an alternative if your trying to save $.
First lesson I learned when i left the nest was find a job close to home in case you have car trouble. I know it's not the same for everybody but I'm not here to solve everybody's problems. I was trying to help some people who have the ability, see another option. If you work that far from home and you have no other choice than I guess your stuck with it or you can try to find a job closer to home.
You want an easy fix? Your not gonna get it.
The reason they keep raising prices is because people keep paying for it.
If everyone stopped buying gasoline do you think the prices would remain as high as they are?
and people say i live in a dream world...
Wake up folks cause it's only gonna get tougher!
It's making lemonade outta lemons time so suck it up and do the best you can... and if you can, try to help some of the unfortunate, who can't help themselves, along the way.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
hmmm well im in Texas and gas here is at $3.45 a gallon. I guess i'm lucky, of course i remember gas under a dollar, but that was back in 94. lol 94 the good old days,

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join