It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fema Region 6 offers earthquake preparedness tips: Being ready a priority

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Fema Region 6 offers earthquake preparedness tips: Being ready a priority

bixbybulletin.com

FEMA Region 6 is also working with the Arkansas Department of Emergency Management (ADEM) to plan several events over the New Madrid Bicentennial Year that will highlight earthquake preparedness. These include the Great Central U.S. ShakeOut, an earthquake drill that will occur across the NMSZ on April 28, and National Level Exercise 2011 (NLE 11), a White House-driven, congressionally mandated exercise that will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the NMSZ. Thousands of government officials at the federal, state, local and tribal levels, members of the private sector, an
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cusec.org
www.fema.gov
www.google.com
www.nwofighters.org

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
FEMA has been preparing for this for several years now. They must know some information that they aren't releasing to the general public. Just because it is the anniversary of some disaster, does it mean we need to start doing drills. The New Madrid Fault and Wabash Valley Fault lines must be about ready to let loose, and FEMA must know this. We have gone past the average between earthquakes on those fault lines now, so the U.S. is in stor for a huge one. It will disrupt many communication, power, natural gas, highways, etc.

Have any of you looked into how many nuclear power plants are in the destruction zone of a 7.2 quake on the New Madrid Fault?

bixbybulletin.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Really? No one wants to discuss that FEMA and the govt. might be in the know on how soon the next big New Madrid Fault quake will be? Well, I guess this will forever be up on ATS, and maybe someday when it is more relavant, it will be discussed.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i remember seeing a thread and article a while ago about the simulation i think, about all the MRE's and blankets and water they will need if i remember correctly.

without a doubt there are things they are not telling us, but how drastic the effect of these things might be we can only see in time; they could be preparing for something imminent or it could just be a few drills ( though the anniversary seems rather convenient cover ) either way, if it helps the people in the direct area survive when the time comes, its probably for the best, whether they are lying blatantly or not..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well, a few months back FEMA held a nuclear disaster drill in Indianapolis and the year before that they held a Nuclear Power Plant disaster confrence that had a lot of conversation about the New Madrid Fault. FEMA has an entire emergency action plan book for the New Madrid Fault, and they haven't always had a plan in place until recently.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I had the time right now,I would connect the dots for you.
Search the threads and you will see.
Possible military build up in and around the area?Maybe.
Disinformation,very possibly.
Coverups,yes and no.
Something IS going on!
Thanks for the post S&F for ya!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It's not being covered up at all, it's just not being reported by the MSM. The buyout of the mountain house foods, the simulations, the recent quakes in Arkansas, etc. It's right in front of our eyes, only most of the sheeple aren't paying enough attention to it because they are too busy watching American Idol and The Bachelor.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by kdog1982

It's not being covered up at all, it's just not being reported by the MSM. The buyout of the mountain house foods, the simulations, the recent quakes in Arkansas, etc. It's right in front of our eyes, only most of the sheeple aren't paying enough attention to it because they are too busy watching American Idol and The Bachelor.

Oh,I agree whole heartly with you and it just makes you so angry that the message is not getting out there.
Today I passed our police station,like I do every day,And the parking lot had 4 times as many police cars as usual.And what really caught my I was 3 police pickup trucks with 4 what looked like national guardsmen,in full combat gear with assault rifles.Never seen that before.So I search the local media,and nothing,no hostage taken nothing.I guess it was a drill,but I have been driving by there almost everyday for two years and have never seen that.Could be nothing,who knows.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Seriously, Earthquakes cant be predicted...That point has been made. That Fault might not grenade for another 400 yrs. Let them have their Boy Scout Preparedness Event, " Stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plumb and said, My, what a good boy am I....." dont go thinking I am unsensitive...better to have and not need than to need and not have.

My bottom line on this is UNRESPONSIBLE PARANOIA....pushing Panic? America's new pass time? I hope not!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yea why all the sudden interest by FEMA to prepare in the New Madrid fault area? A logical person might think
they know something. Heres to hoping they are just being vigilant

Star n Flag for possible future doom!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm thinking they are just doing there due dellignece. I think they probably have access to more information than us but do I think they really know when a major event could happen...no. It doesn't hurt to be prepared as we have seen plenty of warning signs lately.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am with FEMA, Region 2 South. And NO we dont have any advance notice of any alerts. But, we DO have to train right?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If everyone here would read ALL of the horrendous training alerts and info we get? You'd all go home right now and KILL your entire family. We train for things...we TRAIN...training is good.!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Well, a few months back FEMA held a nuclear disaster drill in Indianapolis and the year before that they held a Nuclear Power Plant disaster confrence that had a lot of conversation about the New Madrid Fault. FEMA has an entire emergency action plan book for the New Madrid Fault, and they haven't always had a plan in place until recently.

There’s a known frequency for events like this, ever think that they are just being proactive?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45Have any of you looked into how many nuclear power plants are in the destruction zone of a 7.2 quake on the New Madrid Fault?

The NRC has very conservative design criteria for seismic loading.

www.nrc.gov...

My biggest fear wouldnt be from a containment breach of the reacter dome, it would be from an extended loss of offsite power.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I'm fine with FEMA being "proactive" and "training". They can do that all they want, all I was saying is I think there is a lot of info that people are not looking at deeply enough in regards to the New Madrid Fault seismic zone. I also think they are keeping pertinent information from the people that will be affected by a quake on the fault.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I know there has been more interest in the New Madrin seismic zone from geologist as of late, but why scare people? If the government believes there is an increased risk and goes public with it, they are just as likely to damage their case if it turns out to be nothing and people think they are crying wolf.

As long as preparations are taking place by people who should be preparing, why should any of us be overly concerned? Will it affect how you live your day to day life? If it will, the preparation you are going to want to make should have been done regardless of the potential threat. I already keep 12 weeks of food and water on hand as well as plenty of emergency supplies so any additional information wont affect me.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

AGREE!
Second Verse, Same as the First!
I am, I am

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

There's a good saying that goes: what have you done to prepare today?

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45Have any of you looked into how many nuclear power plants are in the destruction zone of a 7.2 quake on the New Madrid Fault?

The NRC has very conservative design criteria for seismic loading.

www.nrc.gov...

My biggest fear wouldnt be from a containment breach of the reacter dome, it would be from an extended loss of offsite power.

Still hold that trust given what happened just a day after that post?

www.shakeout.org...

edit on 7-4-2011 by Nefarious because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join