It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Senate passes union limits despite...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by EssenceOfSilence
reply to post by Scalded Frog

Yes, the private sector actually has to balance its budget or go out of business.

You mean the private sector like banks, airlines, auto manufacturers, etc?
Just curious what exactly we mean by "private sector" and "or go out of business."

I don't support the banks and I didn't and don't support any the bailouts the president or his predecessor extended with congressional approval. This also goes for the auto companies and any other mis-managed company. All should have been left to pay for their own bad decisions.

I am happy to answer your questions.

The average business goes out of business when they run out of money or their business model is no longer profitable. I see it every day. Go out of business means, lay off all their employees and close the doors on the place.

Private sector businesses are the real companies that pay their own bills and make their own decisions.

Maybe you can help me understand why so many people continue to support and argue for extortion and theft of the tax payer and how bad someone is for putting a stop to it. I would like to hear suggestions on how the issue could have been resolved and the tax payer know they were finally represented. I have proposed several already in my other post.

Thanks for the comments and questions. I am glad I could be of assistance to you.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Where exactly does it say in the Constitution that collective bargaining for tax payer money is a protected right?

(I think this reply is only showing up in my reply box today. Slightly delayed, I would say).

--> I think the First Amendment covers unions well.

The right to assemble, right to free speech, freedom of association.
There are many specificities of freedom that are not written in the constitution.

Title: Wagner]Act of 1935
Author: U.S. Government
Year Published: 1935

The Wagner Act of 1935
SEC. 7. Employees shall have the right of self-organization, to form, join, or assist labor organizations, to bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing, and to engage in concerted activities, for the purpose of collective bargaining or other mutual aid or protection.

SEC. 8. It shall be an unfair labor practice for an employer-

(1) To interfere with, restrain, or coerce employees in the exercise of the rights guaranteed in section 7.

(2) To dominate or interfere with the formation or administration of any labor organization or contribute financial or other support to it: Provided, That... an employer shall not be prohibited from permitting employees to confer with him during working hours without loss of time or pay.

(3) By discrimination in regard to hire or tenure of employment or any term or condition of employment to encourage or discourage membership in any labor organization: Provided, That nothing in this Act or in any other statute of the United States, shall preclude an employer from making an agreement with a labor organization (not established, maintained, or assisted by any action defined in this Act as an unfair labor practice) to require as a condition of employment membership therein, if such labor organization is the representative of the employees in the appropriate collec tive bargaining unit covered by such agreement when made.

(4) To discharge or otherwise discriminate against an employee because he has filed charges or given testimony under this Act.

(5) To refuse to bargain collectively with the representatives of his employees.

Source: Civics Online

edit on 3/13/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No one is prohibited from speaking, nor assembling.

The simple act of negotiating for more public funds is what has now been done away with, and rightfully so.

Prove me wrong. Post the clause of the law that prevents teachers from speaking to each other.

Have you even read the law?

You may want to try reading the Taft–Hartley Act instead

edit on 13-3-2011 by HaveAnotherOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

Sorry, but even your little
doesn't make up for rudeness and condescension.

Did you even read my post?

Post the clause of the law that prevents teachers from speaking to each other.

Seriously. Don't you think that's a little silly?
edit on 3/13/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Ya get what you earn

Of course I read it, which is why I addressed the 1st Amendment issues, and mentioned you should read the Taft Harley Act, which amended the Wagner Act.

If you did, you would see it imposed restrictions on unions, and also brought up the fact employers have the right to oppose unions.

Now answer my question.

Did you even read the Wisconsin law?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting

Seriously. Don't you think that's a little silly?
edit on 3/13/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)]

Only as silly as thinking the law prohibits

The right to assemble, right to free speech, freedom of association.

If you had read the actual law, you would know this. Instead you get your opinions about it from TV or some other source lol. extra DIV

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HaveAnotherOne

lol.

"Now answer my question". lol.

Aren't we on a little high horse this morning?

Have you read the First Amendment? And why are you presuming that unions are not included in those freedoms?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Good Lord! I'm covered up in greedy Republicans this morning!

Somebody get me off this crazy train!!!

Yuck.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Obviously you haven't read the law.

Again, no one is prohibited from speaking or assembling.

The law basically states there will not be any more negotiating for more of the taxpayers money. If the bill had said teachers couldn't talk to each other, or assemble, you would have a point. Unfortunately for you and your misinformed argument, it doesn't.

Try actually reading things instead of listening to others before you form an opinion.

Lets deal in facts here instead of some mythological event you think is taking place.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Who is a republican here?

You could always jump off the train instead of waiting for it to stop. Might do the world some good

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Those unions are protesting right now. No one is being restricted from speaking or assembling peaceably.

Collective bargaining has NOTHING to do with the first amendment.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join