It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utah state legeslature passes bill to restrict public access to records.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Utah's state government is already as crooked as they come now; They have passed HB 477 to restrict access to E-mails and Text messages.
Governor Herbert signs HB 477 in to law

On an unrelated note, they also passed a law that schools have to teach that the US in a republic:
Link...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NotTooHappy

Jesus christ, they've never heard of "sunshine" laws? I would have thought Utah of all places would honor the spirit of the people who founded that state. The mormons fought the US cavalry and won for god's sake!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This whole country is going to hell. Is this what I wore the uniform to protect? Hell no.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I've got to say, I'd have to see more of the specifics on this bill. The way it is presented in this article indicates the primary thing they are trying to block is e-mail and text messages. I know that I use my work provided phone for personal conversations in addition to those I have relative to work. If people had access to all of my communications, I doubt seriously if I could withstand the scrutiny. Not sure I have a problem with this bill.

Regarding the passage of the law that says they must teach that the US is a republic: The ONLY sad thing about the passage of this is that it needed to be passed at all. I think it's pathetic that an individual state has to mandate that the truth of our REPUBIC be provided through public education. If the job were being done properly, it would be a given that what is taught to our children is the truth about the structure of our country.and not the lie about democracy that is commonly taught.

Thankfully, as a republic, each state ultimately has control of the law of their state. Sadly, that becomes a little less true every day as the Federal Government continues to exceed the rights given to it by the founding fathers.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I believe you've mistaken government records with personal records. The law is meant to protect the privacy of e-mails and text messages.

If you don't believe in the right to privacy in these medias, then maybe you should quit hiding behind a username.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I believe you've mistaken government records with personal records. The law is meant to protect the privacy of e-mails and text messages.

If you don't believe in the right to privacy in these medias, then maybe you should quit hiding behind a username.

Try reading the bill before you fire off your cake-hole next time. This is about limiting public access to PUBLIC employee emails, not private citizens you idiot.

It enables politicians and their functionaries to hide what they are doing from the public. Jeeze, how dumb can you get?
edit on 22-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join