It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much more are we going to take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Almost everyone on here can agree that our government is beyond corrupt. This bring me to the conclusion of thinking their may be nothing that we can do to stop them. What happens if we organize a protest? Is it possible? I know it could happen but most of us have jobs and children to look after therefore no time to do this. We come to this website and complain, but usually it goes no further than this. I am just as guilty! Is there anyway to stop them? Is there anything WE can do to salvage what is left of our forefathers? It feels like everyday this country is spiraling more and more out of control, so can we change this? Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
What happens if we organize a protest? Is it possible? I know it could happen but most of us have jobs and children to look after therefore no time to do this.

Protests are happening, but since you're ABLE to care for your family you don't really NEED to protest.

When the NEED to protest arises
ie:You cannot take care of your family due to the fault of A government
You will be ABLE to protest since you have no other choice.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

When those jobs disappear and the kids are locked up...may be then?

I am also appalled at watching the US turn into a rogue police state with more liberties taken away everyday. It seems that Obama has gone completely mad with power.

I know he is not the only one pulling the strings but how many more houses have to be taken away? How many more laws in the name of terrorism must be created? How many more times will people have to be groped, assaulted, arrested etc before people say it's enough?

Do people not realize that groceries, fuel, water and everything else will be out of reach for the common man very soon? No pensions, GMO, poison food in the gulf, mass animal die offs...and on and on. Food is disappearing and for what's left, no one will be able to afford it!

As I sit here day after day and watch the horror of oppression becoming reality in the Land of the Free, I can honestly say that I am fearful as to how far it will go.

I see it, my neighbors see it, my family sees it....and we're in Canada!!!!

Why does it concern me? Because I'm not foolish enough to believe that what happens in the US won't touch Canada. It already is. Can I do anything about what is happening in the US? No.

But YOU can!

edit on 9-3-2011 by jude11 because: typo

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

i agree 100 percent i think that if we tried to go against our government we would be treated way worse then the places that are doing it now our government would let us all gather together then accidentally drop a bomb on all the big groups of americans at one time this would happen guarantee your family would be put through hell by the united states government much worse then any other country this is why most of us won't do it look what we do to other people in other countries for not acting how they want them to act they definitely would treat their own people worse because we should know better thats why we are the strongest country in the world because if you don't listen to our government they will kill you and they show this everyday more and more look at iraq then egypt and now libya they killed sadaam they told mubarak to leave and now we are going to take libya this country has done all this and they plan on more including their own countries people

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Does it need to come to that? Will Americans wait until they have nothing else to lose?

If you see someone coming at you with a gun, are you going to wait until you are bleeding to death before trying to take action?

Unfortunately the answer to that for America is probably yes.
edit on 9-3-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If we act individually we would be declared a terrorist, a child molester a convicted felon and everything else they could trump up against us. Only a mass movement of thousands has any chance. How do we coordinate that?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

How did they coordinate that in Tunisia, or Egypt or Libya?. We are using the means to coordinate a mass movement right now on here.

I'm 49, but my old ass is getting radicalized.
edit on 9-3-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Actually it would be a violation of the T&C to do it here and any attempt to do so would likely be deleted. Which is really weird imo, given the type of site this is supposed to be.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I completely agree. As soon as I posted this it was sent to the trash bin. I don't think a violent protest is good by any means. Im ex military, I know what that would come to. We, sitting around is only letting the govt get away with all of this. I think something should be done before it gets to the point where that right is taken from us as well. I just do not know what could be done to help each other, or help sway the govt back to its foundation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

edit on 9-3-2011 by LoverBoy because: double post...on my cell lol.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy

edit on 9-3-2011 by LoverBoy because: double post...on my cell lol.

Well, I see it happening in one of two ways:

Sooner, while there may be time to do it with little or no violence or...

Later...which won't end well as the Govt. will have even more methods of suppression in place.

Sooner or later...it WILL happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I meant that in a general sense. Electronic means to coordinate, ala Face Book - not a specific ATS sense.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

My mistake. I would expect a place like ats to be amenable to such things though. Are you aware of any legitimate(ie not a government honey trap) sites or FB pages? If so, U2U them to me. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Not off the cuff sonofliberty. I'm not real concerned about govt honey traps and such - they run my records and they'll get a big surprise.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

Does it need to come to that? Will Americans wait until they have nothing else to lose?

If you see someone coming at you with a gun, are you going to wait until you are bleeding to death before trying to take action?

Unfortunately the answer to that for America is probably yes.
edit on 9-3-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

The structure that America is built on, and the actual SIZE of it, makes it seem like that is what it'll take

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And that exactly is what im scared of.

new topics

top topics

join