It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omen or freak of nature?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Today my daughter came home and told me to look out our front window, she said there was something strange under a tree. I looked out the window and saw a white deer (actually a piebald, not pure white or albino, but still rare) It was laying on the front lawn under a pine tree.
This was about 2:00 pm and it was full daylight, we live in a very large and busy suburb so numerous vehicles drove down the street a few yards from the deer but it just laid there looking left and right, very calm.
The deer stayed for about 20 minutes then got up and walked away, I watched it go east behind another house and then lost site of it.
It was a beautiful animal and it's fur was longer than most deer, I did not want to disturb it so I refrained from getting close up pictures, just some shots thru the window glass.
I know there are legends and prophesies about white animals, I believe the native americans say it is a sign to "Get Ready" and prepare for a big change. I also know these things morph into nonsense over time which is how some lumberjack and his dog became Paul Bunyon and Babe the big blue ox.
Any thoughts?

i1206.photobucket.com...

i1206.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I don't know about omen, I'd be more inclined to say it's a beautiful product of random mutation - yet at any rate, if this is in your backyard - I'd say that's extremely cool, dude.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

nah, not an omen or a freak of nature.

just a recessive genetic feature that came to visit. we see them down in this neck of the woods pretty regularly.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I had never seen an albino squirrel in my childhood neighborhood untill i was almost 17. We all thought it was strange because everyone noticed them. Then slowly my friends started to move away, we hadnt been seperated since we were all about 3 or 4. Then i realized it was not just one albino squirrel. By the time I turned 18 there was a whole family, and my own family announced that we would also be moving. It was a time of GREAT change.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
nice pic , and i wouldn't doubt it if it was a omen of change , it sure is coming you can feel it , see it in headlines, and it is close so much bs
around hard to tell what that something is , but it is coming .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Just chillin out underneath a few pine trees.

I remember from college a class that covered
and experiment on Rabbits who normally
had dark fur.

The scientists, basicaly, raised the rabbit
with an ice pack strapped to on part of it's back.

When removed the rabbit had all dark fur,
and a bright spot of white fur where the ice pack had been.

Perhaps this yearling has grown up during a very cold winter
and it's biology is doing the right thing by changing it's camoflage.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hey! I'm new , and had to respond to your post. I recently read in the Joliet Herald there's a white deer running around in the forest preserves there. It's from a herd that lives near Argonne. Evidently, a herd of white deer were imported from Africa years ago by the owner of that land, before it belonged to Argonne.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I see an albino deer nearly every morning on my drive to work. I call him Carl.
I miss him on the days he's not out.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

How did you do that????
I would rather post the pic than a link but I just can't understand the procedure.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
maybe its a breakdown of the "viel" or "curtain" that seperates alternate realities, wierd occurances (Earth Changes) are happening more and more as we and our earth move into 4th density, and as the sun's companion approaches the fabric of our reality and others are getting torn and blending together. Reference HERE
edit on 9-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: added statement:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

I see an albino deer nearly every morning on my drive to work. I call him Carl.
I miss him on the days he's not out.

That's hilarious, don't know why but animals with people names crack me up.
Dog named Spot....not funny.
Dog named Sylvester.....VERY funny.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
How did you do that????
I would rather post the pic than a link but I just can't understand the procedure.

Across the top of the forum is the toolbar,
(on mine it's blue buttons with white text)

Click on TOOLS+

This brings up another page
and now underneath the tool bar is a second tool bar
(on mine the second bar is dark grey with white text)

Click on "pictures"

This should bring up the "manage photo albums" page.

all the way to the left is "Upload Picture"
(on mine the text is green)

Once the picture is added,
click on it.
This should bring up a page with just that picture
and three lines of sample code beneath it.
Copy and past the third line of sample code (labeled 'Embed on ATS')
into your post.

David Grouchy

bonus round:
edit the atsimg /atsimg
to say img /img
and watch the scroll bars appear when you post it.

edit on 9-3-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Wow, something I actually know about.

That is a very old Deer nearing the end of it's life. Deer seldom live to that age. Your looking at one perhaps 13 to 15 years of age. For an explanation look at an elderly person with hair turning white. Same thing here.

I've only seen a few in my life of that age, but that is what you're looking at.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Thank You!
The instructions and navigation for tools and images is very confusing which is why I have no avatar, signature line etc. I like the Readers Digest version, short and sweet.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I mentioned this to my brother who gets out hunting a lot more than I do and his first response was yea I've seen those before like it won't a thing...I also know someone who has one mounted on the wall half white face half normal they're crazy. Pretty cool it was in your yard I'd put out some sugar licks and draw it back around lol!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
off topic sorry but just had to say that at first glance at your title i thought it said "Obama or freak of nature"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalemcfad
off topic sorry but just had to say that at first glance at your title i thought it said "Obama or freak of nature"

I'll take the freak of nature.
What a disapointment that guy turned out to be.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
We had an albino doe that came and ate in our backyard for years. Later she came with a brown and white fawn. He was all white with one brown spot like a saddle. Living in hunting country, I was relieved to see her/them everyday. I have not seen either of them this year.

Things like this are beautiful because they are so rare.Omen or not, you recieved a beautiful sight. Go with that.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

you know, i think its an omen. of all the houses, it just sits calmly in front of your house in the front yard for all to see? in the daytime? look, its it in realm of possibility since another poster provided reasonable observations about other such deer in that area. however, i think omen of change is a fair assessment. is there something in your life you want to change? it may not just mean change residences. can't imagine a white deer meaning something negative. maybe a sign to change something in your life, lifestyle. more like a positive nudging.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sir what you have there is a pile of snow with a deers head photoshoped on to it. Me and my many associates at this site do not find this kind of trickery to kosher in anyway. This is a sicker trick than many of the videos of planes posted as ufo sightings are, and your just sitting back chuckling as these poor fools humor you. It's a sad day for the internet.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join