It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wis. GOP bypasses Dems, cuts collective bargaining

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
What kills me is that people call the unions greedy and are upset at their benefits...but then say absolutely nothing to the billionaires from wall street and the financial industry that sent this country into a tail spin.....then we bailed them out...they are making record profits...they get their extended tax cuts....

So what's next?

Rape what little is left of the middle class...and by god they got the people to support it.

This nation is full of idiots.

At least we are following China's model of no unions....hmm...what's that mean???

Exactly. I think people feel that public workers are attainable and Wall Street is not. It's like the dark ages when the crops would die so they just blamed it on whatever was nearby since they couldn't really execute God or burn the clouds.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
good riddance!!!! now maybe we can start filling some of those jobs with low wage, illegal immigrant labor!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It's funny how Wall Street's belt is getting bigger while ours is getting forced tighter. Remember the fall of '08 America? Obviously not...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitch303
reply to post by MindSpin

He was voted into office by the people for his platform, he is doing the job he said he would.

He ran on stripping bargaining rights?
I am honestly asking because I was under the impression he ran on fixing the budget and creating jobs. Was there a particular speech or document where stripping union rights was part of his platform?

link   

Originally posted by Throwback
It's funny how Wall Street's belt is getting bigger while ours is getting forced tighter. Remember the fall of '08 America? Obviously not...

yeah but one of these days all that money will trickle down to all of us!!!!!!!!! all we got to do is reduce the tax burden on the wealthiest a bit more, and sacrifice our standard of living some more, then keep our fingers crossed as we all pray to the mighty ronald reagan!!

link   
Better yet...let's just fly our kids over there! WE OUTSOURCE EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS COUNTRY...MIGHT AS WELL OUTSOURCE OUR KIDS TOO.

(edited for false statment)
edit on 9-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

yeah but one of these days all that money will trickle down to all of us!!!!!!!!!

Hell yes!!! As soon as they eliminate the minimum wage we'll all be working and loaded with cash!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I think people feel that public workers are attainable and Wall Street is not. It's like the dark ages when the crops would die so they just blamed it on whatever was nearby since they couldn't really execute God or burn the clouds.

The corporate media is telling them to attack the unions. Fox news has been doing "bits" on how teachers are overpaid especially for the education system.

Yet AMAZINGLY, they were defending CEO's and other scum who still got to keep THEIR INSANE BONUSES AFTER KNOWINGLY OR HELPING TO TANK OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY.

This is absolutely nuts!!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
China does have unions.

www.pacificbridge.com...

Even when China began to open up in the late 1970s and early 1980s, labor relations hardly emerged as an issue. Labor was plentiful, and in the headlong rush for rapid economic expansion, poor treatment of workers and working conditions were seen as inevitable, even unavoidable.

After two decades of sustained development, however, workers have become increasingly aware of their rights and global labor norms. Workers who were laid off from inefficient state-owned enterprises clamored for their rightful compensation. Those working for foreign companies, too, have begun to make their voices heard.

Concerned by the rise in the number of lawsuits between employers and employees in labor arbitration courts, the National People's Congress launched a campaign in August 2004 to enforce the Trade Union Law.

The Trade Union Law covers foreign and domestic companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. The Law states that unions should be set up in companies where there are at least 25 employees. In companies with fewer than 25 employees, a representative may be elected to work with employees on various labor issues. The Law also makes it clear that unionized companies with 200 to 500 employees are required to have at least one full-time union official, and one additional official for every 500 employees.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

And the people are too stupid and willing to go along with the anti-union propaganda.

This is why this country is going down the proverbial toilet.

If Americans would wake up for once and realize that they're being lied to by corporate drones, then perhaps these workers would not have lost their bargaining rights!

Yes, we must bow to our masters and support their agenda by willing committing economic seppuku!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

So Walker campaigned on forcibly stripping away the rights of unions? Doubt it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Forgot to say S & F. You keep shining the light on the cock roaches.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Probably Koch Industries.

If you people are so concerned about this nation, then stand up and fight for your rights instead of bowing to corporate talking heads, what with their claims that we "must tighten our belt" and so forth so they can expand their belts!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

The Trade Union Law covers foreign and domestic companies, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. The Law states that unions should be set up in companies where there are at least 25 employees. In companies with fewer than 25 employees, a representative may be elected to work with employees on various labor issues. The Law also makes it clear that unionized companies with 200 to 500 employees are required to have at least one full-time union official, and one additional official for every 500 employees.

Interesting...I honestly did not know that. I have no idea how their unions work. I know that I've read that workers their are starting to demand better wages...didn't know they were unionized.

Thanks for the correction.

link   

Don't worry China probably is the first one in the list of buyers.

After all we are truly becoming a nation of servants and slaves.
edit on 9-3-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by Fitch303
reply to post by MindSpin

He was voted into office by the people for his platform, he is doing the job he said he would.

He ran on stripping bargaining rights?
I am honestly asking because I was under the impression he ran on fixing the budget and creating jobs. Was there a particular speech or document where stripping union rights was part of his platform?

Sinn you got it right - he ran on no such thing. The unions gave him every "austerity" measure he wanted, but that wasn't enough. He's busting the unions for his big business buddies who contributed - bribed - him so much. Its disgusting. It won't end here; the unions in private business will be next.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

IT'S NOT THE UNIONS, STUPID! (not calling you stupid, but rather expanding on another classic phrase regarding the economy)

Look at corporate profits and bonuses! Is that not outrageous? Does it NOT bother you that the rich keep getting richer at YOUR expense and the expense of the American Middle Class?

Are people really this stupid?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Not supposed to post one-liners.....so padding this out because the only answer there can be is YES.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Don't worry China probably is the first one in the list of buyers. After all we are truly becoming a nation of servants and slaves.

I don't understand it Marg. Corporations point the gun at us....but they don't have to pull the trigger.

We do it ourselves.....and in the process think we are winning. We're a nation of CHARLIE SHEENS. It just makes no sense to me anymore.

The middle class has shouldered enough. It's time for Wall Street to pay their share. They need to feel the pain.

edit on 9-3-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread before I found this one.

I support private unions 100% they are good deal most of the time for the members.

However, I can not support public worker unions since they represent EXTORTION and THEFT of the TAX PAYER. The cowardly politicians of the past have just said yes yes yes to the public unions to keep getting reelected and get big campaign contributions. They left the TAX PAYER holding the tab with no representation in the collective bargaining process. Our founders revolted for the same reason. TAXATION without representation.

Now find a way to give the tax payer a say in the public union collective bargaining process or get rid of it, but either way the EXTORTION and THEFT has to stop.

Privatize the education system or put all public worker collective bargaining agreements on the ballot at contract time and let the public vote. Make sure you let them know how much its going to cost while you do it. This way the TAX PAYER doesn't have to trust the cowardly representatives to look out for them.

The public unions bosses will not go for it, because it takes their power to EXTORT and STEAL away. Since that is what they want and are fighting so hard for. They don't give a dang about the teachers. They would rather have the governor layoff the teachers before giving up their power to EXTORT.

At least now the cowardly senate members who fled can come back and vote on the rest of the state's business if they got the guts to.

I feel like a broken record.

Now if you don't like what they did, challenge it in court, lobby to have it repealed, or vote them out and elect some folks that will reinstate it. That is how the system works.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join