It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Global Defense Force to replace individual national militaries

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by uselesshobo

There are no links this is a discussion and it is original although certainly inspired by other thinkers. The question should be what would you want from such a GDF?

I'd want nothing to do with them. Bad idea. I'll take national debt over lost liberties any day.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If a workable GDF were established America wouldn't be in Afghanistan and Iraq now, Israel would have to play by the rules, oil producing countries would have to trade evenly, and disaster aid would be expedited quicker. There will obviously be rogue nations that wont 'join' so there is the enemy with less power to threaten aggression with. American forces throughout the world would decrease and the UN, NATO, and what have you will be delegated to puppet theoretical entities.

In concept it's a great idea and takes the burden away from America, as well as the potential self serving aggressions America is involved in, like GW getting back at Saddam for trying to assassinate his daddy.

You're either with us, or against us, it's your choice.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Take a look at some of my other threads and you will get the idea of what side of this agenda I am on.

Global government can not cooexist with individual liberty

American Cannibalism prequel: The deliberate destruction of America

As you will see from the above threads I am an advocate of individual liberty and limited government. I do expect that global government will want to produce a global army and will use a global tax of some sort and it will likely be an attractive idea to many who just do not understand where it will lead in the end.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think a GDF is a very good idea, not so much for our own defense, but for extraterrestrial threats. I can't shake this feeling that there is a big evil out there, and we need to be prepared. I think it's not a good idea for humans to go without a military.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ummmmm.........This is a really wonderful idea and it would work........if........Humanity somehow transcended human nature, individually and collectively, humans evolved into a non-aggresive, non-confrontational, non-territorial, species....Think of it.......the world at peace, no more war, no more bullets or bombs......a truly utopian herd, ripe for culling by some trans-galactic warrior race that collects "enlightened" trophies....

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
wel, i for one dont like the idea...it's dangerous and when i think of it. the main thing i see is tantamount to turning over my personal ability to defend myself, to an agency too large and too slow to react in my benefit.

sorta like when a 911 caller is on the phone with dispatch waiting for assistance, while being murdered.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Part of the common defense is a signing of a non-aggression pact for all member nations. There would be no offensive capacity for member nations.

Then there would be no need for this global army - nothing to defend AGAINST. It would be basically throwing our money away on nothing, and giving up our kids to a term of slavery, i.e. the "global conscription" you mentioned.

Nope, I'm not down with that at all. Who protects us from this Global Army when they go on the rampage, 15 million men strong?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yes there would. Extraterrestrial threats is a good enough reason to invest in an army.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Someone taking control of the GDF is certainly a concern. I am not sure how they will work that out. The way it will be sold to the world will likely be on the cost savings basis. Most nations of the world now spend more than the 0.5% of their GDP on defense spending. The US as I pointed out spends the most at 4.7% of GDP. The US is likely to be defunded soon as the world tires of our devalued currency. Then the globalist will move to create such a global structure based on the idea of world savings on defense spending.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As pertaining to the original post, this is the same habits the media has that creates obscurity in reporting news. Nobody knows what could have been. You can only know what is. If you don't stay focused on the facts here and now, you lose the whole phylosophy.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
couldn't have said it better myself...TPTB don't want to change anything they want things kept exactly as there are as they have done so for so many centuries...it works for them to have the world in a state of chaos...it is how they succeed in keeping their lavish lifestyles...by keeping the third world in slavery and hungry so that they can reap the havest...they need us to be full of hate and anger and full of fear...it is what keeps us in these binds of slavery.
They need economic crisis so that the pions cnnot rise to their true potentials....they need to keep us uneducated and ignorant so that they can live off our backsides...
Open your eyes wars make money...lots and lots of money and gives governments the right to instate laws to take freely from their citizens.....keeping us in ecomic ruin fills armies.....is that happening now....guess what....it is.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Someone taking control of the GDF is certainly a concern. I am not sure how they will work that out. The way it will be sold to the world will likely be on the cost savings basis. Most nations of the world now spend more than the 0.5% of their GDP on defense spending. The US as I pointed out spends the most at 4.7% of GDP. The US is likely to be defunded soon as the world tires of our devalued currency. Then the globalist will move to create such a global structure based on the idea of world savings on defense spending.

Such a force would harbor no loyalty at all to any nation - meaning that ALL nations would be fair game to it. 15 million soldiers march at my border is not an idea I relish - of course, it WOULD hasten my trip to Valhalla! Maybe the best defense against it would be to create a country no one wants?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic

Yes there would. Extraterrestrial threats is a good enough reason to invest in an army.

YOU worry about "invading aliens". I've yet to get shot at by one, or even threatened by one, so I'll concentrate my concern on more clear and present dangers.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
"Cody": did you read any of the preceding 5pages?.. the problems and human nature are well described.Don't be duped into believing any of this "nwo is for the good of mankind" crap.Tptb have it really good now why would they "allow" a change if it didn't benefit them selves??

No, I didn't read the whole thread. I was just responding to the OP.

I understand that human nature would corrupt this system, but show me a system which it has not already corrupted to an extent. (The Church, USA, China, Walmart, etc. all wield corrupted power at times.)

I say do it. I don't totally buy into this "TPTB" stuff. If TPTB really have all that much power, then I can't stop them anyway. If they're really hellbent on slaughtering us all like sheep (or whatever), then they will do it. No one can stop them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to stop them. I'm only saying that if these "Powers That Be" really have as much power as people act like they do, then we can't stop them anyway.

"If anybody really wants to shoot the President of the United States, it's not a difficult job - all one has to do [is] get [in] a high building someday, with a telescopic rifle, and there would be nothing anybody could do to defend against such an attempt." —JFK to special assistant Kenneth O'Donnell, morning of November 22

Cheers,
Cody

edit on 10-3-2011 by DarkATi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi

Originally posted by 46ACE
"Cody": did you read any of the preceding 5pages?.. the problems and human nature are well described.Don't be duped into believing any of this "nwo is for the good of mankind" crap.Tptb have it really good now why would they "allow" a change if it didn't benefit them selves??

No, I didn't read the whole thread. I was just responding to the OP.

I understand that human nature would corrupt this system, but show me a system which it has not already corrupted to an extent. (The Church, USA, China, Walmart, etc. all wield corrupted power at times.)

I say do it. I don't totally buy into this "TPTB" stuff. If TPTB really have all that much power, then I can't stop them anyway. If they're really hellbent on slaughtering us all like sheep (or whatever), then they will do it. No one can stop them.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to stop them. I'm only saying that if these "Powers That Be" really have as much power as people act like they do, then we can't stop them anyway.

"If anybody really wants to shoot the President of the United States, it's not a difficult job - all one has to do [is] get [in] a high building someday, with a telescopic rifle, and there would be nothing anybody could do to defend against such an attempt." —JFK to special assistant Kenneth O'Donnell, morning of November 22

Cheers,
Cody

I do that all the time myself.. respond to the O.P. but never see the argument after wards..

I came back this afternoon to find this thread still rolling' better go catch up...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

But think of the savings. The US currently spends nearly 5% of our GDP on defense. Under this scheme we would only spend .5% or a savings of more than 3 trillion annually. We can not afford our current expenditure so by this method we could provide for the common defense of all nations for a very low cost.

The control of this GDF would be by the contract of the GDF which would provide for common defense only.

You're using a monetary benefit to promote the WORLD POLICE AGENDA?

What???

My vote (Highly unlikely we'll even get a vote anyway) NO!!!!

Even a cartoon can say more on the subject:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Primordial

I am playing the devil's advocate with this thread. To do so you have to be able to take it all the way to its logical conclusion when you argue for one side even if you do not truly support such an idea. Being a individual liberty advocate in reality I would not buy into this collectivist idea either. I had to play it all the way out though. No matter how you slice it the world is not going to cooperate on this kind of level as I describe unless some things change to cause the world to want to involve itself in such an effort.

Some one will propose just such an effort in the future. There will be an attempt made to form a global army that will tax the entire world. No matter how it is presented I know that people will rail against such an effort. I have thought on this long and hard. I have wondered how it would be presented and offered to the world. I think I have outlined pretty much how this effort will be sold to the world. Perhaps it will be called the GDF, perhaps not.

I think that we will see this globalist collectivist military soon. I am just not sure how it will begin or what it will look like when it begins. Who will ultimately take control of such a global force? Hopefully we will not see this come to pass but I think that we will.

I believe that would be probably the most direct way to start a rip-roaring civil war in the good ol' USA. Politicians who tried to get behind sending OUR kids to fight for FOREIGN armies would likely start dropping like flies from sudden lead-induced heart attacks. If my kid wants to go fight for foreign army, that's on him. If some politician says he HAS to, well, it's on right there, at that point, and we'll get all the fighting we can stand, without having to cross oceans.

If they want to take my money to fund a foreign army, IN PLACE OF my own, then again, it's on. You just never know when that foreign army is gonna be aimed at YOU, and it adds insult to injury to have them do it on your own dime, by taking the money from your own defense to fund it!

Yes, a global army IS a foreign army - it's not MY army, since I'm not a Globalist nor do I have any collectivist tendencies, so it's "foreign".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
If this ever happens, I'll relocate to one of the last remaining "Free Countries"...

China, Cuba or Nth Korea..

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

That is... way the hell out there. I don't think I can really add much besides that, just... woooo.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join