It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Global Defense Force to replace individual national militaries

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How could you not discuss the UN, EU, or NATO in such a thread. I think the one who posted this thread is a little hot under the collar because he can't get people all worked up about something they stand firmly against. Nice try asshole, but people are waking up. In the words of Ricky, "make like a tree and # off".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just saw all your rants on page 4. You attack ATSers and you try to shame readers into flagging? Dude, the whole idea sucks and you attack when people argue against it? It is EXACTLY because of THAT type of behavior that proponents of such an idea CANNOT be trusted with our (citizens of the US) wellbeing. If you want intelligent dialogue, then quit going on rants whenever someone with a different opinion tries to engage you in intelligent dialogue. Some of us look at a slightly larger picture than you apparently do.

By the way, Communism's goal IS to have a one-world government in place with a one-world military. Hitler planned on having a one-world government, led by himself, as well. And, yes, I know you didn't mention a one-world GOVERNMENT, but once a one-World military is established, someone WILL take the reigns and become the "world leader"; hence, a one-world government, or NWO, IS part of the conversation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
...And while I'm at it, "Global Defense Force"? Who, exactly, would they be engaging? Aliens?

Let's call it for what it is: Global Police Force.

And every police force has one supreme leader! Has anyone ever heard of "facism"?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RealAmericanPatriot

Well put!!! It is good to see that people like who posted this thread will not get away with their propaganda and can't escape the truth.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
G.D.F. calling something global does not encompass all it just claims it does.

[Allies v.s. Axis] [North v.s. South] see where I'm going with this....?

One consolidation of power will generate another.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
It would be unworkable and honestly a bad idea to begin with. By agreeing to such a protection racket you surrender sovereignty to a (many?) foreign entity. What if this entity decides you are not worthy of protection?

Who decides what this international force gets used for, and just as important, what to ignore?
Who gets to keep track of the funds and where they are actually going?
Who does this international force answer to if the member nations decide to "assimilate" the non member nations?
How do you decide the numbers of troops required of each member nation?

If any of these require a consensus of the member nations, forget it. It would be 500 years before the thing even was set up. Could you imagine all the nations debating on how to carry out some military action and trying to agree on various commitments, economics of it, tactics and logistics, etc ....

What if this force becomes nothing more than the corrupt, failed, UN but with a 15 million person army to enforce their corruption?

What if, what if, what if, ..... It doesn't seem you've thought this out very well. The level of cooperation and trust required among nations to pull this off does not exist. The level of corruption that would rise could not be countered.

It would also be a lopsided endeavor with the richest and most populous nations footing most of the bill and committing the largest number of troops while the poorer smaller nation contribute little while getting the same benefits. The international force would soon become the strong arm of the top few nations.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My question is; if there is a global defense force, who are they defending against? I see more and more change taking place that would indicate that the agenda is to defend against the people. I believe this is yet another step in that direction. At some point, TPTB are expecting some kind of uprising and need to defend against that. They can now lock us up indefinitely without cause, all in the name of "national security". When a government feels the need to defend against it's own people, there must be a reason for it.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good Gawd I'm proudly running out of stars here: I feel much better reading the last few pages There apparently are still people who understand the implications of adding yet another layer of armed authority. I think O.p must've gone off to his shift at "Noodles &co..." ( I hear they are collectively organizing to debate hours;profit sharing ; and menu
choices)..
Someone above mentioned even housing and supplying a standing army of 35 million,
the answer provided :"Well they won't be active all at the same time".
So they won't train together?

And if its just a bunch of"paid mercenaries" (like blackwater) we saw how well that worked in Iraq when they lacked discipline and proper command and control and got kicked out of Iraq for "massacring(?)" civilians

I stand by my previous comment:" blue helmets/berets on u.s.soil =targets of opportunity.

Down with subjugation to Kissinger's "new vorld order".

edit on 10-3-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

I am playing the devil's advocate with this thread. To do so you have to be able to take it all the way to its logical conclusion when you argue for one side even if you do not truly support such an idea. Being a individual liberty advocate in reality I would not buy into this collectivist idea either. I had to play it all the way out though. No matter how you slice it the world is not going to cooperate on this kind of level as I describe unless some things change to cause the world to want to involve itself in such an effort.

Some one will propose just such an effort in the future. There will be an attempt made to form a global army that will tax the entire world. No matter how it is presented I know that people will rail against such an effort. I have thought on this long and hard. I have wondered how it would be presented and offered to the world. I think I have outlined pretty much how this effort will be sold to the world. Perhaps it will be called the GDF, perhaps not.

I think that we will see this globalist collectivist military soon. I am just not sure how it will begin or what it will look like when it begins. Who will ultimately take control of such a global force? Hopefully we will not see this come to pass but I think that we will.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
If you want to save money on the US military budget, an easy way would to stop being an imperialist menace.

The world doesn't factually need a global police force. The people we need protection from would be the idiots in charge of such a thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dickyavalon

That is too true. There needs to be a total removal of all of the scum that has infiltrated our governments.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Huge benefit to the worlds economy,potential world peace,one step closer to the new world order,potential loss of jobs globally, good and bad to it as always you'll never please everyone.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
There will never be a legitimate global police force because there has to be a legitimate global government. This is not possible because it is not logical in people's eyes. It is only logical to control freaks. If these pathetic control freaks try to "establish" a world government it would be swiftly torn down by people because there are too many people who like their freedom. If they choose to kill everyone and hide in their underground military base network (look up Phil Schneider) they will still be hunted down.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Primordial

I am playing the devil's advocate with this thread. To do so you have to be able to take it all the way to its logical conclusion when you argue for one side even if you do not truly support such an idea. Being a individual liberty advocate in reality I would not buy into this collectivist idea either. I had to play it all the way out though. No matter how you slice it the world is not going to cooperate on this kind of level as I describe unless some things change to cause the world to want to involve itself in such an effort.

Some one will propose just such an effort in the future. There will be an attempt made to form a global army that will tax the entire world. No matter how it is presented I know that people will rail against such an effort. I have thought on this long and hard. I have wondered how it would be presented and offered to the world. I think I have outlined pretty much how this effort will be sold to the world. Perhaps it will be called the GDF, perhaps not.

I think that we will see this globalist collectivist military soon. I am just not sure how it will begin or what it will look like when it begins. Who will ultimately take control of such a global force? Hopefully we will not see this come to pass but I think that we will.

AHA! Good one !
( I think...)You got us all worked up and ranting about "resisting"( through violence if necessary) (nice job)...I agree its coming probably sooner than we expect. ;Its certainly something to be aware of. Now that I've got a project overdue since staying up late last night pounding the keyboard here.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There will never be a legitimate global police force because there has to be a legitimate global government. This is not possible because it is not logical in people's eyes. It is only logical to control freaks. If these pathetic control freaks try to "establish" a world government it would be swiftly torn down by people because there are too many people who like their freedom. If they choose to kill everyone and hide in their underground military base network (look up Phil Schneider) they will still be hunted down.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
just reading through some of this junk in this thread...and right at the start "if every nation was involved" now if every nation was involved we would not need this force now would we and it's only use would be that to control the people themselves....then if we did reach the point point when every nation was involved that would be five percent of the world population in an military situation ...how sweet that would be huh.
Nothing personal here against the OP but get real.....
Personally i think it is time for people to start to take things into their own hands and rise up against these Neo Cons whom keep us as slaves to feed their insatible greed,getting people to believe that everyone whats what the jones have.....I for one could care less about the rich self indulgent peoples who think they are better than those who have little or nothing to live on,....the people who have nothing and eek out meager exsistances upon this great planet earth have more compassion and understanding than any of those people whom think they are educated and well offf as you must realize most of these intellectuals are educated by the system in which they have become part of....shame
Live amongst some tribes peoples say the aboriginals or the native americans or amongst the mouri of New Zealand and learn some respect for mother earth and for each other and then become educated by TPTB and you might learn a lot about who we are.
We don't need much in life and we certainly don't need yet another brainwashed military regime to have to deal with.....
you can be the devils advocate all you want on this one.....but there isn't any justification for a global force other than to control the human race yet again through force....when are people going to learn.
for thousands of years people have been trying to control people through force....guess what....IT HAS NEVER WORKED.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"So whats your agenda way out there dude""?
Its not just: "making people aware of the fallacies of a collective security organization" . Because
you fired it up again with a burst of personal attacks on page 4"

I.E." I've tried to express my position but can't respond to "illogical people".
No response
To
"you're all just stupid,stupid people...
No response...
To
I am clearly dealing with illegitimate robot
user ids here!
( I SEE "FAKE PEOPLE!" )

For all your claimed Altruism I smell a rat.

So 'fess up or go back to the behavioral sciences lab at Godlike productions.

edit on 10-3-2011 by 46ACE because: HTML ISSUES

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I ain't afraid of no ghost. ANY system can be abused. The system itself isn't the problem - those who run, and abuse, the system are the real problem.

If it happened it would certainly pave the way for the Man of Sin (Antichrist), but then I am convinced that this will happen anyway.

I'd be OK with this sort of system. I do not see it as an inherent threat to liberty.

Cheers,
Cody

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
That is some scary Stuff.
The only MIlitary I would ever join is the one that defends my country.
Not an army that protects the "world."
Lets be honest, this one world crap is just a big pipe dream that could never work due to Human Nature.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkATi
Sounds like a good idea to me.

I ain't afraid of no ghost. ANY system can be abused. The system itself isn't the problem - those who run, and abuse, the system are the real problem.

If it happened it would certainly pave the way for the Man of Sin (Antichrist), but then I am convinced that this will happen anyway.

I'd be OK with this sort of system. I do not see it as an inherent threat to liberty.

Cheers,
Cody

"Cody": did you read any of the preceding 5pages?.. the problems and human nature are well described.Don't be duped into believing any of this "nwo is for the good of mankind" crap.Tptb have it really good now why would they "allow" a change if it didn't benefit them selves??

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join