It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIAMI POLICE DRONES CAN SEE INSIDE HOUSES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
LINK

Miami-Dade’s newest crime fighting tool is a literal ‘eye in the sky’.

The Micro Air Vehicle, or MAV for short, is a small radio controlled drone aircraft equipped with a portable camera system. Miami-Dade Sgt. Andrew Cohen said drone will be used to gather real time information in situations which may be too dangerous for officers.

That's all good and fine buuuuut,

Police admit the MAV, if flown low enough, has the ability to look into people’s home, but that is not its intended purpose

Now, what happens when they start equiping these things with ifra red or Thermal Imaging cameras??
I'm sure then the people will stand up and protest???
Won't they???

I mean, it's not going to get any WORSE than this......is it??
If they do start equiping these things to actually see thru walls at least we have the comfort of knowing it is for
our own safety,officer safety, aww hell let's just say it....
For the safety of......."The Children"!
I just love what AmeriKA has become, don't you?
If only my Grandpa was alive to see what this fine country has become.

So folks,
Where WILL this end???
Where will the quest to keep us "SAFE" with technology end???
edit on 9-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
all police choppers have thermal. They have been able to see in houses for years. [snip]
edit on 9-3-2011 by elevatedone because: removed illegal substance use comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Here's one used by Liverpool and Meryside Police in The UK. Video is from 2 years ago

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This was posted an hour ago, please do a search before making a thread. Its not hard to do a search before making a thread. it takes a total of 0.007 seconds for google to tell you your about to make a fool of yourself.

HERE
edit on 9-3-2011 by uselesshobo because: rephrased, sounded like a d1ck

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yea, thermal choppers are nothing new. That is what they use to catch people growing marijuana, they look for "hot-spots"

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by uselesshobo
This was posted an hour ago, please do a search before making another thread.

HERE

Thanks mini mod but I need to see your badge first.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by uselesshobo
This was posted an hour ago, please do a search before making another thread.

HERE

Thanks mini mod but I need to see your badge first.

Yeah my bad, was a little shovenistic there. Rephrased it just for you.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Give them the international gesture of "greeting"... Then practice your skeet shooting skills...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Well, if it gets "low enough" that it can see in my house, it will also be in my airspace, and I can shoot it down, LOL!

If they don't have a warrant, and they aren't up in the Federal Airspace, or the controlled airspace of a local tower, then they are in my airspace owned by me on my deed!

It would probably be more fun to shoot it with paintballs though.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yeah I have to wonder how hard it would be to shoot one of these things right out of the sky.
I imagine we'll find out sooner rather than later.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Big Sis is watching. Just today on the MSM they announced that they needed to do away with the magnetic strips on the back of credit cards. It seems that the info can be stolen. They want to replace it with a chip. Then they say that a retailer can scan it while the things still in your wallet. While the wallet is in your pants pocket or in your purse! Do they really think that we're that friggin stupid? Or maybe they're just that friggin stupid! So if you've got a "reader" device, can't anyone have access to the information? Even that criminal standing near you in the same store posing as another shopper? AND maybe there's a nice GPS device inside the chip so they always know where you are. EXACTLY where you are...all the time?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wish they had those drones where i live. In my neck of the woods i keep catching those Cops and suits in my backyard. If they had that drone thing I might not notice.

top topics

join