It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Men Lost Their Penis Spines

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

How Men Lost Their Penis Spines

www.foxnews.com

Time to give thanks for your genome: A new study finds that at some point in our evolutionary history, humans lost a stretch of DNA that would have otherwise promoted the growth of spines on the penis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mods: if this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move.
edit on 9-3-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The genetic loss is just one of millions that separates us from our closest primate relative, the chimpanzee, researchers report in the March 10 issue of the journal Nature. The team also reported the disappearance of a growth-suppressing genetic switch. That loss may have contributed to the enlargement of the human brain.
Many studies have emphasized the similarities between humans and chimpanzees; we share 96 percent of our genomes, according to a 2005 study published in Nature. But that still leaves millions of genetic differences that explain the discrepancies between us and our primate cousins.

Thank the Creator (or someone) for evolution! This isn't a joke....

If you read the article, it talks about some of the missing links in human DNA that have been altered over time.

Very interesting piece of information! Not a pretty thought either... OUCH!

~Namaste

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Good find op..
..I saw a documentary on natgeo very similar to this.. it compared chimp DNA to human DNA and also it tried to trace the origins of man back to africa..I'm going to see if i can find it..Very interesting subject. S&F.
edit on 9-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm trying to care about men and their willy's I really am but I just cant seem to summon up any interest.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Thank you.

This will probably be the only forum ever where we can tastefully talk about male and female genitalia.

I hope it stays civil.

For example... when else can you talk about having a Y-shaped penis until there is an article like this to refer to?

Many rodents, primates, such as marmosets, and even pythons whose Y-shaped hemipenis is often spined in order to grip the walls of the female's opening, known as a cloaca.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Regarding the creator, the genesis description of the woman being made "a bone from the side" of the man is arguably a mistranslation.

It has been suggested that the wording better approximates to "a bone taken from the front of the middle" of the man. It goes on to say that that is why there is a bone missing from there to this day. We definitely don't have any 'missing' ribs.

However, Homo Sapiens Sapiens is one of two primates that don't have a penis bone. Many other animals also do too.

Makes you think.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Its weird that I am reading about forked or Y shaped penis's since I was talking about them this afternoon at lunch with a man and I thought he was full of it! Looks like I was wrong and now owe him an apology

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Could you imagine getting your penis bone stuck in your zipper?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A male cat has spines on its penis. This is sort of like the spines on their tongue that they use to groom themselves. If a cat ever licks you with its tongue, it feels rough because of those.

I don't know how it would feel for a human to have spines. Maybe it feels like a ribbed condom or maybe it would hurt.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Eyes boggled reading that!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ahhhh I though this was going to be some spoof thread. Funny how we have evolved. I though this was going to be related to testicular fortitude and the lack of it...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Wait, what? Like a grappling hook?

Hammer-head shark?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Ripply spines? On my johnson? WOW. The girlfriend is really going to be pissed at what she missed.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm trying to care about men and their willy's I really am but I just cant seem to summon up any interest.

Although from a woman's point of view, the absence of penis spines from said willies has got to be a relief, hey?
Vicky

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Although from a woman's point of view, the absence of penis spines from said willies has got to be a relief, hey?
Vicky

Not sure about that..... a spine might be a bonus (for some men anyway)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm betting the spiny penised humans probably didn't get a chance to procreate, so that was that...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
uhhh

you mean you guys don't have spines?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Vicky

Not sure about that..... a spine might be a bonus (for some men anyway)

You have a good point there, Versa!
Vicky

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Quote:
A male cat has spines on its penis. This is sort of like the spines on their tongue that they use to groom themselves. If a cat ever licks you with its tongue, it feels rough because of those.

I was going to post about cats having spines on the penis, you got here first. I think there is probably no louder or wilder sex among animals than with cats - with that said perhaps we can determine if it is painful. I think not as female cats have many many kittens and there can be more than one father with a litter.

Besides cats - are there any other animals like this - how about the Chimp since we share such close DNA.?

BTW - happy for evolution - spines - I'll pass.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Im sure if they kept them women would have evolved in such a way where she wouldnt be ripped to shreds, lol. Kinda makes me wonder what my own genitals would have ended up looking like.

edit on 10-3-2011 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join