It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Flare!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Current Solar X-ray flux showing the flare:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f6f595c8e0a.gif[/atsimg]

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

I will say in the years I worked for them I didn't hear anyone complain of disruptions on clear days but this was a lil over 6 years ago and we weren't at the solar max part of the cycle. Only speaking from a personal observation point here I'm not a sat. engineer ya know. I'm just saying lately I have noticed these things. My cell has had signal problems in places that I have never had problems in and normally get full signal and the thing that makes me wonder is that signal comes back after a while. I hope all is well cause I like my tech lol

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Originally posted by jude11
If anyone else has more info, please jump in. I am finding a few sites with data erased already. (of course)

Wel that is rather odd in itself isnt it? I mean if it was just a normal type of thing why erase it? Things that make you go hmmmm.... I wish I could help but this is so out of my field. If I may though, if you were to take a gander at this link, Live Internet Seismic Server, do you think this could be responsible for all the over the top activity? Or at least one possible reason?

Yeah, I used to watch that site but now I use quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Among others of course but that's the go to guy as it updates quickly.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I am much more interested in the large amount of m class flares that have been happening and how sunspots are forming and morphing.. but thats just me

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornParadox
I am much more interested in the large amount of m class flares that have been happening and how sunspots are forming and morphing.. but thats just me

Absolutely. Been watching those also.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Thank goodness it was just an X1 - most likely just radio disturbances. Ham radios have had lots of skips the past 24 hours - sounds like the whole world is speaking at once at times.

I too wonder about the correlation of quakes with solar activity. Japan
just keeps rocking, one after the other - they don't need a CME
right now.

Staying tuned and thanks for the thread.
edit on 9-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

I have counted 26 quakes in the last 18 hrs with nothing lower than 4.1 and the average being about 6.1. In fact the last hour was 6.1 and 6.6. Not getting weaker.

Also in Papua New Guinea. Yet no main stream media reporting of any of this. Why?

Now Japan again at 5.4. Not getting any weaker it seems.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornParadox

The X flares effected U-Tube, oh no!!!

Just kidding, can you fix this please?

Thanx

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
WOW thanks for posting.

I just posted this thread Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

alot of good info. here thanks

The increase in activity on and around earth can not be ignored.

it seems the animal mass deaths are picking up again aswell

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
WOW thanks for posting.

I just posted this thread Extreme Super Moon & Current Rise in sun Activity: Effects on earth

alot of good info. here thanks

The increase in activity on and around earth can not be ignored.

it seems the animal mass deaths are picking up again as well

Yeah, the animal die offs are picking up and many have noticed except those that are MSM addicts.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

We used to get people complain all the time during that period. Sparkles in the picture and loss of signal. Usually happened like clockwork around here right about 3:00pm in the afternoon, in the fall & spring equinox it would last for about 15 min or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

FAST CORONAL MASS EJECTION: A coronal mass ejection (CME) exploded from the vicinity of sunspot 1164 during the late hours of March 7th. It leapt away from the sun traveling ~2200 km/s, making it the fastest CME since Sept. 2005. A movie of the cloud prepared by Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab shows a possibly substantial Earth-directed component. This CME and at least one other could brush against Earth's magnetic field on March 9th or 10th. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

www.spaceweather.com...
Generally the more powerful the CME the faster it reaches us. It looks like it is aimed towards us also.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

FAST CORONAL MASS EJECTION: A coronal mass ejection (CME) exploded from the vicinity of sunspot 1164 during the late hours of March 7th. It leapt away from the sun traveling ~2200 km/s, making it the fastest CME since Sept. 2005. A movie of the cloud prepared by Karl Battams of the Naval Research Lab shows a possibly substantial Earth-directed component. This CME and at least one other could brush against Earth's magnetic field on March 9th or 10th. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

www.spaceweather.com...
Generally the more powerful the CME the faster it reaches us. It looks like it is aimed towards us also.

Yeah, I noticed the direction also....Crap!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm pretty new to keeping track of Flares and CME's so was surprised to read this on Spaceweather
"After four years without any X-flares, the sun has produced two of the powerful blasts in less than one month: Feb. 15th and March 9th."

So X class are pretty rare then

Well that discounts any connection with earthquakes here on Earth then, because there have been heaps of quakes above Mag 7 in the last 4 years

I'll post this graph again, was on Quake Watch 2011 a few days back, there seems to be no obvious connection with C or M class Flares either

Red Dots are Mag 6, Pink Mag 7 global earthquakes, Red Text is Solar Flares , class in [ ]

edit on 9-3-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I have been trying to keep up with you all on here, I would be the first to admit I don't really understand or know much about any of this, but 'm trying

I'm sure I got the link for the site below on here, this guy does seem to get it right alot, and it seems that after a flare he works out where an earthquake may occur.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

CME IMPACT: A coronal mass ejection (CME) hit Earth's magnetic field on March 10th around 0630 UT. Solar wind conditions, post-impact, are favorable for geomagnetic activity

spaceweather.com

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Maybe it would be a good thing to have a flare knock out a bunch of comms..might make everyone stop a second and think for a change

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Maybe it would be a good thing to have a flare knock out a bunch of comms..might make everyone stop a second and think for a change

B-B-But...You say it like it's a good thing.

I believe we will see more and more X-Class Flares in the days to follow.

I know that this is a science thread and forum but gut feelings have always been a curiosity even to scientists who can't disprove them.

Wait and see I guess.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Woohoo, this is getting good.

Good for the stimuli, bad for the bodies they encase.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

"After four years without any X-flares, the sun has produced two of the powerful blasts in less than one month: Feb. 15th and March 9th."

You can add March 10th to this as well - we just had a X1.5 today.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As scary as a solar flare sounds i believe it to be a key essential to unity around the world.
Think about it, if worldwide power goes out, then we have a chance to finally take this world from the hands of evil men. They would, them being the gov, will have some tech as their disposal but not enough to keep us from breaking down the front gates.
Afterwards, we burn dc to the ground and have a massive million man, or more, bonfire!
Its gonna be a party!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join