It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X Flare!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
09/2323

X1.5
Int 6.7e-02 J m-2

Minutes ago...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Will update.

Space Weather Message Code: ALTXMF
Serial Number: 148
Issue Time: 2011 Mar 09 2322 UTC

ALERT: X-Ray Flux exceeded M5
Threshold Reached: 2011 Mar 09 2321 UTC
NOAA Scale: R2 - Moderate

edit on 9-3-2011 by jude11 because: update

I find this highly coincidental with approx. 20+ intense quakes in Japan over the last 24 hrs.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
09/2323

X1.5
Int 6.7e-02 J m-2

Minutes ago...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Will update.

For those of us not to savy with what we are looking at, can you explain just what the means for dummies?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Oh man. Waiting to see if a CME comes with it.

This could be the END.

not really, but we will find out soon.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

09/2323

X1.5
Int 6.7e-02 J m-2

Minutes ago...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Will update.

For those of us not to savy with what we are looking at, can you explain just what the means for dummies?

An X-Flare is a definite watch out moment until more data comes down the pike. Follow the links provided and you will see that it is a big spike.

This can have serious effects such as communications, satellites, grid outage etc.

Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
does this mean more cell phone and television disruptions?
Or Worse?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree. Can someone explain the significance of this?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

09/2323

X1.5
Int 6.7e-02 J m-2

Minutes ago...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

Will update.

An X-Flare is a definite watch out moment until more data comes down the pike. Follow the links provided and you will see that it is a big spike.

This can have serious effects such as communications, satellites, grid outage etc.

Hope this helps.

We had larger x flares recently that did nothing more than produce auroras and affect some radio frequencies. I wouldn't expect much from this.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thank you so much for the reply. I am curious even though this will totally sound off the wall but, you think this ties in with anything about today being march 9th and the Mayan calender predictions of a stronger energy hitting us? lol Sorry, I know one is or appears to be more science then the other, but whos to say old science can't be accountable as well eh?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I agree. Can someone explain the significance of this?

This will depend on direction, duration and intensity. I am by no means an expert but having watched these happen a few times, I do know that it is a must watch. Will it be Earth ending? No. Can it cause damage...absolutely.

If anyone else has more info, please jump in. I am finding a few sites with data erased already. (of course)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just an observation from Virginia...I have noticed cell phone disruptions as well as disruptions on sat. T.V. for over a week now. Now I many not know much about the technical side of cell phones but I worked for Dish Network for over 3 years and understand those systems quite well and the disruptions I've seen were during times were it was clear skies no clouds and that's not normal especially with they're frequency. As far as I'm concerned the sats. up there are getting pummeled.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Didn't we just have a 2.2 glancing us and not have any significant effect on earth?
Is this 1.5 even directed towards us?
I never worry too much and I won't start now...

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If my tv even flickers there will be trouble.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Well if your familiar with satellite dishes then youd know that this time of year near the equinox sun outages can occur. Basically caused by the sun interfering with the signal.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tollon
Didn't we just have a 2.2 glancing us and not have any significant effect on earth?
Is this 1.5 even directed towards us?
I never worry too much and I won't start now...

As I mentioned above...direction, intensity and duration all play a factor. I also find it curious as to the 20+ intense quakes in Japan in the last 20 hours. Who knows?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If anyone else has more info, please jump in. I am finding a few sites with data erased already. (of course)

Wel that is rather odd in itself isnt it? I mean if it was just a normal type of thing why erase it? Things that make you go hmmmm.... I wish I could help but this is so out of my field. If I may though, if you were to take a gander at this link, Live Internet Seismic Server, do you think this could be responsible for all the over the top activity? Or at least one possible reason?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This could be bad or could be nothing. IF it came from the behemoth sunspot 1166 and had a large CME it will almost certainly have earth directed effects. Those effects could include the loss of GPS, Cell Phone coverage, partial and localized power grid failure, IF we are really unlikely permanent complete power grid failure (similar to an EMP and VERY unlikely, look up Carrington Event). Most likely it will have hurled a large CME and will cause some spectacular aurora's but as for the other effects we will just have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Wel that is rather odd in itself isnt it? I mean if it was just a normal type of thing why erase it? Things that make you go hmmmm.... I wish I could help but this is so out of my field. If I may though, if you were to take a gander at this link, Live Internet Seismic Server, do you think this could be responsible for all the over the top activity? Or at least one possible reason?

If the data has disappeared in some places it is an error, the NOAA solar weather center is reporting a certain "impulsive X1" flare and they are analyzing it as we speak, stay tuned for more data.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

If you check more threads on the subject, you will find numerous references to missing EQ data and Solar data as well. It is getting to be quite regular.

Not to stir up the fear factor, just that I am not the only one noticing the missing and erased data over the last Month or so.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

The Classification of X-ray Solar Flares or "Solar Flare Alphabet Soup" A solar flare is an explosion on the Sun that happens when energy stored in twisted magnetic fields (usually above sunspots) is suddenly released. Flares produce a burst of radiation across the electromagnetic spectrum, from radio waves to x-rays and gamma-rays. [more information] Scientists classify solar flares according to their x-ray brightness in the wavelength range 1 to 8 Angstroms. There are 3 categories: X-class flares are big; they are major events that can trigger planet-wide radio blackouts and long-lasting radiation storms. M-class flares are medium-sized; they can cause brief radio blackouts that affect Earth's polar regions. Minor radiation storms sometimes follow an M-class flare. Compared to X- and M-class events, C-class flares are small with few noticeable consequences here on Earth. This figure shows a series of solar flares detected by NOAA satellites in July 2000:

spaceweather.com...

Each category for x-ray flares has nine subdivisions ranging from, e.g., C1 to C9, M1 to M9, and X1 to X9. In this figure, the three indicated flares registered (from left to right) X2, M5, and X6. The X6 flare triggered a radiation storm around Earth nicknamed the Bastille Day event.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Thank goodness it was just an X1 - most likely just radio disturbances. Ham radios have had lots of skips the past 24 hours - sounds like the whole world is speaking at once at times.

I too wonder about the correlation of quakes with solar activity. Japan
just keeps rocking, one after the other - they don't need a CME
right now.

Staying tuned and thanks for the thread.
edit on 9-3-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join