It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh Muslims, how much longer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
reply to post by searching4truth

Under Sharia law a girl like Nancy Arjam will be sentenced to death for exposed hair and her sexy appearance and clothing. So don't make it pretty when it will be very grimm.

Ummm......she lives (or lived until she got married not sure right now) in Beirut Lebanon for her whole career. I think some Americans really are far more afraid of the "possibility" of sharia than you need to be. It's not gonna happen, it's not a genuine real threat. Even the theocracies in the m.e. will soon be ending (imo) people want to be free to worship and live as they choose, not as the state chooses (with the states set of morals not yours).

The point is there are many many many Arab singers that are no different than western singers, other than the language. She doesn't seem scared retribution she still sings and makes movies, completely healthy and fine. What's more is every Muslim wedding I've ever been to play her music and people dance, no one hates her or wishes death to her. Chill out.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I love those weddings too, but you won't see these things or on video of a sharia wedding. Women aren't aloud to sit in the same room during the celebrations.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Love and marriage under sharia law
Source

Marriage under sharia part1
Marriage under sharia part1

rape is normal as explained in this video

Meet the face of Sharia law (Caution: disturbing images)

Women's rights

and this happens even in the USA. --- Sourc e

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by DutchBigBoy

Dont correct the world but correct them terrorists from your middle east. Buddy !!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

I just got done arguing with a dude who insisted that passing laws that forbid people from talking to each other is perfectly legal under the first amendment, Dutch.

I think we can all grab any body of law, and then cite some psycho who gives a crazy interpretation of it. I could cite unnamed dude as a source for saying the first amendment allows the government to shut down all speech except in a very narrow scope, just as you are citing YOUR dude making, basically, the same argument about sharia laws.

Fact of the matter, Sharia is the basis of law in pretty much all Muslim countries, just as Saxon common law is the basis of law for all English-speaking countries. And another fact of the matter is that in almost none of these nations is Sharia as strictly as interpreted as the scaremongers on the American right insist it is. Some are stricter than others, because they're different countries. Morocco, Tunisia, and Lebanon are pretty darned liberal, while on the other hand you have the hellish wasteland of Somalia or Taliban Afghanistan, where even the Saudis say "dude, wtf?"
edit on 11/3/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Keep the Muslims in Sandy Land and we will stay over here . They can live in their backward and ignorant ways just fine over there .

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Keep the Muslims in Sandy Land and we will stay over here . They can live in their backward and ignorant ways just fine over there .

I'm sure many Muslims are saying the same thing about the US and western world...which goes to show that we're not as disimilar as we'd like to believe

Also, way to go dude, generalizing an entire people based on the actions of few...the very definition of bigotry and racism

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Unless I'm misreading your post you seem to be confusing sharia law (Quranic law) with a type or sect of Islam. I have been to weddings that are separate (men in one room, women in the other) and I have been to plenty of co ed weddings. Honestly, at least in the US the area where I live separate weddings are rare, a lot of people won't go, not really any grand political statement, people just want to sit with their families. Even at co ed wedding the only time opposite sex couples dance together is if they are married. It really depends and I do not notice a huge difference from regular American weddings, well expect for the open bar

Now, I have heard of people only having music that is the Quran being sung, but I've never been to a wedding like that, so I don't know. Like I said, every one I've been to they played (a dj) or had a band that sang current popular Arabic language songs.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Care to retract that statement in light of the recent protest by women that have been suppressed?

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As someone who's been to Saudi Arabia and other ME countries, I have to say there's a lot of people in here who have no clue what they're talking about. The general Muslim public aren't terrorists or women beaters, they're moderates and in fact very similar to people in the US. It's a MINORITY that's acting like a bunch of religious nutcases, but those exist in the US as well. You have that crazy Baptist church, the guy who killed that abortion doctor, and of course all the other bat# crazy Christian fundamentalists.

Watch Anthony Bourdain's trip to Saudi Arabia, and you'll realize what a bunch of unjustified bigoted views you have

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

For the thousand time, it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING. What I mean by that is, two wrongs don't make a right.

Just as you have just done, the problem isn't that it's a minority, it's that it's justified by the majority and they don't stand up and condemn the actions of that minority. It DOES NOT mean every Muslim beats his wife or blows himself up, that is just the way the apologist like to frame the argument to draw attention away from the real problem. They are blaming everyone else for a problem that is solely their own...

I'm not a Christian but I was originally raised as one. Watch this. The guy who shot the abortion doctor, nut job. The Westboro baptist group, attention seeking religious retards. None of these people represent what the Bible teaches. How hard was that?
edit on 16-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Good example of a muslim way of thinking . Your turban is too tight .

You're thinking of Sikh's not muslims. Maybe your ignorance is causing you to not think and make you look like a buffoon?

Just a thought

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infiniteobserver
reply to post by MrXYZ

For the thousand time, it DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE DOING. What I mean by that is, two wrongs don't make a right.

Just as you have just done, the problem isn't that it's a minority, it's that it's justified by the majority and they don't stand up and condemn the actions of that minority. It DOES NOT mean every Muslim beats his wife or blows himself up, that is just the way the apologist like to frame the argument to draw attention away from the real problem. They are blaming everyone else for a problem that is solely their own...

I'm not a Christian but I was originally raised as one. Watch this. The guy who shot the abortion doctor, nut job. The Westboro baptist group, attention seeking religious retards. None of these people represent what the Bible teaches. How hard was that?

You were saying?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by binomialtheorem

Ya I did not say no one is condemning them, I said the majority isn't so try again. If the majority did, they wouldn't have this problem.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Ya I did not say no one is condemning them, I said the majority isn't so try again. If the majority did, they wouldn't have this problem.

The majority already have, it is the people like you who have the real problem. You won't accept a shred of evidence against your cause, but will gladly take a biased one for your cause.

the problem isn't that it's a minority, it's that it's justified by the majority and they don't stand up and condemn the actions of that minority.

edit on 16-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I married a Muslim woman...you don't know what you're talking about. I've been to the Middle East many times mainly Jordan and I have several Muslim friends. I have witnessed first hand how the "minority" feels about our relationship. It's not everyone else who is the biggot my friend. I've never had a non Muslim walk up to us and state how they feel or tell us that it's haram. So let me make this painfully clear, I do not hate Islam, I hate the actions some have taken in the name of Islam.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

I married a Muslim woman...you don't know what you're talking about. I've been to the Middle East many times mainly Jordan and I have several Muslim friends. I have witnessed first hand how the "minority" feels about our relationship. It's not everyone else who is the biggot my friend. I've never had a non Muslim walk up to us and state how they feel or tell us that it's haram.

I am a Muslim man, and I have never had a Muslim person walk up to my ex, when i was still dating her, and say it was Haraam. Nor in private. And somehow there is another post, above yours, in which someone who has also been in ME countries talks about a pleasant experience there.

It's okay to go after terrorist, just don't get surprised if moderate Muslims, such as myself, don't agree with you calling them terrorist sympathizers.
edit on 16-3-2011 by binomialtheorem because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

My best friend has married a muslim woman too and she is very lovely and warm to everyone.
Like i said before I don't hate or dispise the Muslim/Islam but I do think that those Muslim/Islam who are using the Qur'an with suicide bombers will get more people behind them because of the actions of the MSM and the hard actions of the military do against the citizens. (watch the video's in th OP). I hope it will clarify a bit more.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Exactly, it's because you are a man, not a woman.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I totally agree. Personally, I do not get upset when I here about attacks on US soilders because I understand that for the most part they are doing the exact same thing I would do if that was happening here regardless of what the religion is. I also agree yes there are plenty of people of people who just want everyone to hate Muslims. However, I do not believe there is just some conspiracy or whatever to make the world hate Muslims.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join