It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Expose 'Legislative Fraud' in ObamaCare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That Pelosi sure is a little trickster... You just won't know what's in this bill until it passes... Yes indeed!!!! Nancy. Reid is a little dickens too...

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) is blasting Democrats for "legislative fraud of the highest order." She says the Democrats' health care bill contains “baked-in” funding to be used for implementing Obamacare, which will make the law even more difficult to repeal.

She is demanding that Democrats give the money back.

Bachmann says $105 billion in government spending was broken up and "buried" in the enormous bill, which President Obama signed into law last March. The Congressional Research Service discovered the advance appropriations, which Bachmann is calling a “crime against democracy.”

Oh, its only $105 billion. This legislation was not supposed to be a spending/funding bill. They actually intend to bypass the congressional appropriations process!!!!

"This year alone, the provisions are already in place to spend $5 billion on Obamacare, and another $100 billion will be spent over the next eight years, even without any appropriating actions by Congress," Bachmann said.

She also noted that Sen. Harry Reid didn’t give senators time to read the bill before voting on it.

“More and more we are seeing what Nancy Pelosi meant when she said the bill would have to be passed in order for the American people to find out what was in it. The Obama Administration has already added about 6,000 pages of regulations to Obamacare, and this funding shows a clear intent to circumvent the appropriations process and make it much more difficult for future Congresses to repeal Obamacare.

The Dems knew that would lose the House in 2010 and deliberately built the funding into this POS. A little insurance policy if you will. God, I'm pissed!! The big hope with the GOP victory in 2010 is that they would be able to cut off funding for this mess.

“That’s why it was so important that Republicans won in 2010 – so that we wouldn’t fund the implementation of Obamacare…Then we find out the Democrats went ahead, deceptively…no one knew that Harry Reid, Pelosi and Obama put the $105 billion in spending in the bill.”

Just more deception and lies from this administration and all of those who have been propping it up.

The GOP wants the money BACK!!

Bachman said Republicans have an opportunity when the government runs out of money on March 18:

“Our position is this: Obama, Pelosi and Reid should give that money back…We Republicans identified $61 billion in cuts off of the 2010 budget. We’re saying – ‘We’re working hard to get a few cuts? And you’ve already spent $105 billion and you didn’t tell us?’ Give that money back, then we’ll talk about the budget.”

Bachmann says defunding ObamaCare, along with defunding Planned Parenthood, must be non-negotiable planks in the Republicans’ budget negotiations.

What in the Hell is wrong here??? @#$%%@ Enough of the lies, constant misdirection, slight of hand and blatant deception. Once again this administration circumvents the system/ process that they have sworn to uphold.

cnsnews.com...
edit on 9-3-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Makes me wonder what's really in the bill. Looks like a little good cop- bad cop going on to me. I'd bet the republicans knew more about the specifics than they're letting on.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
look around and you will see a lot of Obama-philes still telling us that Pelosi was misquoted or taken out of context when you put up the famous quote of hers about finding out what is in the bill.
Truth is we still don't know.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbyforce
reply to post by jibeho

Makes me wonder what's really in the bill. Looks like a little good cop- bad cop going on to me. I'd bet the republicans knew more about the specifics than they're letting on.

A very astute observation. I wouldn't bet the Republicans knew more than they're letting on but I highly suspect it. The Dems have been entirely too calm for supposedly having their precious healthcare bill in dire jeopardy. Obama in particular has the demeanor of a man who knows he'll get his way.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
look around and you will see a lot of Obama-philes still telling us that Pelosi was misquoted or taken out of context when you put up the famous quote of hers about finding out what is in the bill.
Truth is we still don't know.

Now that this is slowly playing out, Pelosi's little "flub" was most likely a flippant bit of foreshadowing and a touch of elementary school nanny nanny poo poo tactics.

They completely circumvented the congressional appropriations process. Should this law now be viewed as invalid because of this?? Let's see how this plays out in the days to come.

They wanted to push this through fast enough in order to obscure this little detail and Obama has wasted no time in spending the first 5 Billion.

Wow, This is just amazing. What more will it take for the die hard lemmings to actually see the reality??

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Sorry Buddy... this isn't news anymore.

Please post breaking news etc when it is discovered the Democrates Are NOT committing a crime agaisnt the People of the USA!

I am sick of the bastards!!!! I am getting even more P.O'ed at the useless media. Can they even get out of their chairs to do any type/level of investigative reporting.

Hearing about CRAP way after the fact isn't working. Try breaking a story BEFORE it gets voted on etc.

(Sorry, in a bad mood this AM)

I can't believe Mind Spin didn't reply here?

edit on 3/10/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I feel you pain and disappointment.
There was hope that Obamacare could be defunded through the appropriations process, with that avenue apparently bypassed, perhaps there will be more of a legal foot to stand on. Let's go for conspiracy to commit fraud and move forward with impeachment proceedings

Just saying "impeachment" makes me feel better even though it would never stick.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I think Nancy may wish she had covered her track better on this one. Ah, what will happen to her anyway? She may lose some power? Oh, she already lost a lot of that didn't she?

I can't believe Mind Spin didn't reply here?

Maybe the mind quit spinning, and someone saw the light... 'er, the writing on the wall.

Nah, what are the chances of that. Probably just sleeping.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
GAWD I really didn't need to hear this this week.. Its only Thursday and what'd we have(?):

1)Executive order: Obama declares the power to imprison someone in Guantanamo for life even after acquittal(?)

2)Proposals to create and support a global "defense" military run by "world govt" level bureacrats.So today we are already assuming a global govt exists and its a good idea?????)

(But thanks for getting the word out O.P. good post
)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Impeach Obama? I SAY YES!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And you honestly believe that the Republicans didn't know about this as they campaigned to block funding during the 2010 election???

Sucker!

ETA: I love that you guys are waiting for me to comment...I bet you wish I did just go away...huh?
edit on 10-3-2011 by MindSpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

I bet you wish I did just go away...huh?

No way!

It takes all of us to make the world go 'round.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

Heck NO. With the recent LACK of Obama Defenders, you are filling in just fine.

It is amazing how one person can take the place of many.

Just shows me how big you really can be.

Keep up the good work. You provide some great comic relief.
edit on 3/10/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Isn't Michelle Bachman a Senator?

And she didn't READ the bill?

sounds like a damning example of people in congress that shouldn't be there. Shame on you Bachman for not representing your constituents and at least READING the damn bill.

This was debated for HOURS on the floor of the house. Where was she?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Remember that the vote was pushed quickly before many on both sides of the aisle had a chance to finish reading this bill let alone comprehend all that was contained in it. This $105 billion was never mentioned by Pelosi or Reid and it was never debated.

Typically much smaller legislation may contain some appropriation guidelines. However, a bill this massive deserved much higher scrutiny than it received. Pelosi pushed the vote before people got wise as to what was written in it. She and Reid should have opened the debate on the mystery money. That is intentional deceit.

Why weren't we the taxpayers informed of this?? We already know that the CBO estimates are off and that this will end up costing twice as much as the original figures. Sebelius just got called on the carpet regarding her majic $500billion figure.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
105 billion eh? Betting 104 billion of it is for her majesty Pelosi's botox injections and Harry Reids nose hair clippers.

edit on 10-3-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

top topics

join