It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you call this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I had the strangest experience about twelve or so years ago. My husband was building our daughter a house next door to ours (We live way out in the country). He had her house in the dry and was still doing the finishing work.
He was doing something for me at our house and needed a hammer--he'd left it on the stairway at my daughters house so I said I would go across the drive way and get it.

I opened the door, reached over to get the hammer and heard what sounded like two men talking upstairs in the bedroom. The voices were muffled so I could not understand what they were saying. They were really engrossed in a conversation. During this time I'd froze. I wasn't afraid just curious. I listened for a couple of minutes and all of a sudden the conversation stopped abruptly. You know the feeling you get when you walk up on a private conversation and are spotted ?? Well that is what it felt like.
Hammer still in hand I went up the stairs and no one was there.
I didn't tell my daughter for years. Had I told her---she never would have moved in.

Was this ghosts? for some reason it didn't feel like it.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
was a brief phase in from an alternate reality ! i remember seeing a story about some guy and his jeep , his driveway was a portal , i bet
your house in that spot might have also been a portal, who knows

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Maybe time to get a hold of some recording equipment to try to capture an EVP ?
Would be so great to hear if you manage to record anything !

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
if in doubt blame acient indian burial grounds.
im sure youre of sound mind, but maybe you were lacking sleep/too much coffee. not a typical ghost tale anyway,

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Me and my buds when younger would always check out unfinished homes, nothing malicious - just a nice quiet place to smoke a little bowl. Perhaps they fled without your noticing? Not sure if the layout would allow them to leave unnoticed. This seems a little more likely than any type of haunting, being that it was a new construction.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'd call it "just one of those things.."

An anomaly. Beyond that who knows! Our universe is a strange place.

I'd look up reports on seemingly disembodied voices that have occurred.. I know this is only one such phenomenon that has occurred on the skinwalker ranch in Utah

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Wild, I am thinking the "Adjustment Bureau". LOL. Well I just saw that movie, so you know. I was thinking that maybe even the "Hat man" shadow people are like what we can percieve of them? Angels?
If it didn't feel like Ghosts, well I'd say either interdimensional beings, or angels, fates whatever. I really don't know, but the movie's depiction of the "adjustmen" people really did seem reminicent of the shadow people stories especially the ones that wear hats. Though I never heard of anybody hearing shadow people talk? Was it understandable? Was it loud enough to make out words? Was it in English or another language?

Nevermind I see you cuoldn't make out the words and probably because I am tired it took me reading you OP again to catch that.

Also, as someone else said, It could have been an alternate universe bleed through.
Anyway way cool story.

edit on 10-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: add stuff

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
was a brief phase in from an alternate reality ! i remember seeing a story about some guy and his jeep , his driveway was a portal , i bet
your house in that spot might have also been a portal, who knows

a portal? what kind of portal would that be? I don't think they were evil...I didn't feel frightened.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey

Maybe time to get a hold of some recording equipment to try to capture an EVP ?
Would be so great to hear if you manage to record anything !

I'm afraid I would be too chicken to do that. 30 or so years ago I read a book on "paranormal voices" that's what they called them back then and decided to try it.....picked up one and will never do that again. It creeped me out big time. Had some creepy experiences in that old house.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Cross-dimensional, cloaked alien-zookeepers, "time-line" irregularity. One of those I would think; or personal-stress causing errors in your brain.

I am really not being sarcastic even though it may seem that way. I personally believe in a . . . somewhere, someplace, someone else . . . influencing our here and now, truly.
edit on 10-3-2011 by nonnez because: content

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neonitus
if in doubt blame acient indian burial grounds.
im sure youre of sound mind, but maybe you were lacking sleep/too much coffee. not a typical ghost tale anyway,

I haven't noticed anything resembling burial mounds in the area, and because it wasn't your typical ghost tale I didn't know what it was.
Believe me I didn't tell anyone about this for years because it sounds crazy. Ohh, I am perfectly sane, I worked in a profession where I was required to have a psychological profile and passed with flying colors

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Me and my buds when younger would always check out unfinished homes, nothing malicious - just a nice quiet place to smoke a little bowl. Perhaps they fled without your noticing? Not sure if the layout would allow them to leave unnoticed. This seems a little more likely than any type of haunting, being that it was a new construction.

We live on a 25 acre tract----No close neighbors... and the talking was coming from the upstairs bedroom. There is no other way up or down except the stairway I was on. The only way for someone to leave without my noticing is for them to have jumped from the second story bedroom window. It is quite a drop--the house has cathedral ceilings.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
I'd call it "just one of those things.."

An anomaly. Beyond that who knows! Our universe is a strange place.

I'd look up reports on seemingly disembodied voices that have occurred.. I know this is only one such phenomenon that has occurred on the skinwalker ranch in Utah

You are right, it is a strange universe we live in and I will probably never know "who" the two men were who were talking and why this happened.
Thank You, I will look up "disembodied voices and skinwalker ranch".

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Wild, I am thinking the "Adjustment Bureau". LOL. Well I just saw that movie, so you know. I was thinking that maybe even the "Hat man" shadow people are like what we can percieve of them? Angels?
If it didn't feel like Ghosts, well I'd say either interdimensional beings, or angels, fates whatever. I really don't know, but the movie's depiction of the "adjustmen" people really did seem reminicent of the shadow people stories especially the ones that wear hats. Though I never heard of anybody hearing shadow people talk? Was it understandable? Was it loud enough to make out words? Was it in English or another language?

Nevermind I see you cuoldn't make out the words and probably because I am tired it took me reading you OP again to catch that.

Also, as someone else said, It could have been an alternate universe bleed through.
Anyway way cool story.

edit on 10-3-2011 by ldyserenity because: add stuff

"Angels"? I like that, maybe that is why I wasn't afraid.
I will have to watch the "Adjustment Bureau"---sounds like my kind of movie!
It was certainly a strange experience, whatever it was.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez

Cross-dimensional, cloaked alien-zookeepers, "time-line" irregularity. One of those I would think; or personal-stress causing errors in your brain.

I am really not being sarcastic even though it may seem that way. I personally believe in a . . . somewhere, someplace, someone else . . . influencing our here and now, truly.
edit on 10-3-2011 by nonnez because: content

you bring up some interesting possibilities. I will have to research those subjects. As I told one poster, I did not tell anyone about this experience for years.....it is just too strange.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This sounds like an instance of residual energy.

Which in essence is similar to a sound clip that plays over and over again without any reference to our existence or dimension.

I believe what you are saying OP, for it is possible for residual energy to remain in a location long after-wards.

Here in the USA We have a very violent past here. Look at the wild west and just the fate of many seeking gold during the gold rush and how many if most never lived to tell about it.

Also, much of the territory that we occupy today was at one time occupied by indigenous people who were forcibly and often times violently removed.

These souls might remain in order to right a wrong related to their untimely demise.

The more I look into hauntings, they, being the spirits, are here for a definite purpose. Which is why they remain.

Especially those who have been wronged and had no way to prove as to who was to blame for their demise.

In your case, perhaps The residual energy might replay/relive the conversation with the hope that someone hears it, makes some sense of it and locates the deceased's body and gives him/her a proper burial.

Look up the history on your land and see if there exists any record of previous owners etc.

I know that on one side of my family, my Native American & Scottish (mixed) descendants who were living in Oklahoma were forced off of their land at gunpoint.
That's the way it was though. The law of the land was the gun...

It was either leave and surrender the house and all of your belongs OR else.
Many never lived to talk about it....

edit on 14-3-2011 by nh_ee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

You know you may have something there. Many years ago my grandfather lived in an old covent in San Francisco. My Uncle said you could hear voices in it but he thought it had something to do with trapped energy i.e. sound in the old walls.
edit on 15-3-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: typo

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Did you or anyone ever experience anything else in the house? It could have been just the right time for you to pick up on a conversation by energies that were passing by. If they were grounded or if "memories" were in the walls, I think more activity would be noticed.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest11
Did you or anyone ever experience anything else in the house? It could have been just the right time for you to pick up on a conversation by energies that were passing by. If they were grounded or if "memories" were in the walls, I think more activity would be noticed.

My daughter and her husband have been living there for the last ten years and they haven't had any unusual experiences there. It is very possible that an old homeplace might have existed in the vicinity 70 or more years ago.
edit on 17-3-2011 by grumpydaysleeper because: my rotten spellin'

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Do you remember what the weather conditions were? I seem to recall reading somewhere that on cloudy, humid, or rainy days that you would be more likely to get a residual playback like people have mentioned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join