It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gahddafi flees Libya as Oil Pipe-Lines targeted by jets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gaddafi-fled-Libya-Three-private-planes-leave-country-bound-Vienna-Athens-Cairo.html
U.S. fears that both sides are locked in a bloody stand-off
The West wants to 'divide country and take oil', dictator claims
Thirteen-and-a-half hour barrage of bombs on Zawiyah
Snipers given orders to 'shoot anything that moves'

'We want the international community to support a no-fly zone', says Clinton

www.dailymail.co.uk... sxml
edit on 9-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Colonel Gaddafi's forces today blasted an oil terminal to smithereens as Libya's bloody civil war entered its blackest day. Rebels retaliated by firing back with rockets as a fireball exploded from one of the oil tanks and the sky above the Es Sider terminal, in the east of the country, filled with hideous smoke.

A witness said one of the smoke plumes was the biggest he had seen in the conflict so far.
The fresh onslaught came as Gaddafi deployed tanks and snipers to 'shoot anything that moves'.
Forces loyal to the Libyan dictator poured into the city of Zawiyah in a desperate bid to oust the hardcore band of protesters and army defectors who have taken control.

img109.imageshack.us...
img696.imageshack.us...
img825.imageshack.us...
img707.imageshack.us...
img684.imageshack.us...
img825.imageshack.us...
img37.imageshack.us...
img855.imageshack.us...
img6.imageshack.us...

edit on 9-3-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Still think US shouldnt get involved? I dont think he fled libya but the death toll is rising probably to unprecedented levels. Time to take action, rebels are meant to be helped anyway, no rebel force around the world did anything by itself.

Feel bad for BBC: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9-3-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

And if something happens in Saudi Arabia and US decides to get involved, then well that would totally be wrong.
edit on 9-3-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Three planes eh..security can be on a large scale if you're loaded, can't it!

Two of the planes are decoys, he's on the other one (*If* he's actually left, and not just trying to appear so).

Cairo is probably out for him, after recent events, it's bound to be a no go.
Vienna..? Can't see it.
He's going to Greece i'd guess...unless they change destination along the way.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just too let everyone know Gadaffi has a book called 'the green book' which i believe has a little bit about the NWO in it....

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow... I fear for the people and also for the price of oil.

Thanks for posting op.

I'm going to be following events very very closely

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why would he flee? hes obviously winning the fight here. All he needs to do is make one moving speech and he would at least have half of the country.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
is this the same as when he was on a plane heading for venuzuala?

Gahddafi is right were he wants to be, with his back against the wall.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just after 11.30 AM UK time I switched onto Sky News there was a scrolling news alert saying a jet had taken off from Libya and flown through Greek airspace to get to Egypt, think it said Gadaffhis daughter was on board. Switched to Al Jazeera their ticker said 3 jets had taken off. Tried ABC they were talking about a sportsman making a comeback from retirement.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gutman
Just after 11.30 AM UK time I switched onto Sky News there was a scrolling news alert saying a jet had taken off from Libya and flown through Greek airspace to get to Egypt, think it said Gadaffhis daughter was on board. Switched to Al Jazeera their ticker said 3 jets had taken off. Tried ABC they were talking about a sportsman making a comeback from retirement.

I hate sports, don't know why people are so into them. No way would Egypt take them, why would they do that? Sure Egypt is one of those countries that welcomed exiled leaders before but why would the Supreme council of military warlocks accept to help gadaffi?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To bad someone warned him in 1986...

Operation El Dorado Canyon
en.wikipedia.org...

It DID shut him up for many years and hijackings of airplanes stopped for years

edit on 9-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

There is absolutely nothing in the source article from the Daily Mail that suggests anyone "fleeing" from Libya.

The actual headline reads:

Gaddafi's scorched earth: Libya's skies turn black as desperate dictator blows up oil pipes and turns his tanks on civilians

No flag for sensationalizing an otherwise serious situation.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Didn't make sense to me either that he or a member of his family would flee to Egypt. ely they'd be safer in Libya in one of their underground tents.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Giving you a bump because I think this is important news and should not be overlooked. I am soooooo glad I filled up my gas tank today, I was gonna wait til tomoro but....I'm glad I didn't!
S&F too!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Despite a massive information campaign, the attempt of the world oligarchy to make a revolution in another African country is almost failed: www.globalresearch.ca... An underestimation of the stability of the government of Libya let them down. Despite the betrayal of the ambassadors of the country, a lot of pressure of "the world community", exclusion from the international organizations ... Muammar Gaddafi and his associates retained control in Libya. This is evidenced by the remaining staff of the Russian, Ukrainian and other companies in Libya.

Here is one of the posts of Russian man who worked in Benghazi: “The locals and the army were protecting us from raiders. Our place was the quietest. There were bread shortages for a couple of days, but when the Libyans learned about that, cars with bread were immediately sent to us. Cooperation and mutual understanding with the locals was ideal. rt.com...

Information that replicated in most of the media proved to be false. Those whom they called as revolutionaries turned out whether as nothing more than hooligans or criminals who attacked primarily on laborers arrived from countries neighboring Libya and whom the Western media hasted to nickname as mercenaries.

Repeated juggling with the facts, turning inside out of the real events and cynical and mendacious interpretation is characterizing the basic flow of information from the mass media of countries who took the obvious anti-Libyan aggressive position. Very often such channels as CNN, BBC, FoxNews, RT and others in the news had used the frames from events whether that took place in Libya a few years ago or that have nothing to do with Libya.

Thanks to the report of the Russian military from the Center of Space Exploration it became known that the Libyan airforce did not inflicted airstrikes. Robert Gates, the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Navy Adm. Michael Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff had to admit this report during the press conference: rt.com...
www.ibtimes.com...

When the attempt of the color revolution failed, the true inspirers had to open their faces and to say about the invasion of Libya and of course to justify the occupation for "the humanitarian purposes", once again they use the myth of weapons of mass destruction. They began to accuse Gaddafi for his “terrorist activities in the past”, which had been fabricated against him by the U.S. and its allies: www.globalresearch.ca...

In order to recognize Gaddafi as a dictator, to bless his killing and to invade into the country, again there is used the Hague Tribunal and now as the arguments they are going to use unverified reports of Western media.

The U.S. some other NATO members’ ships are approaching to Libya. According to news agencies there are instructors in Libya arrived in advance from Tunisia and Egypt and who control the rebels and coordinate their actions: www.globalresearch.ca... Muammar Gaddafi has to fight again for control of Libya against the security services and armies of NATO countries as in the days of his youth.

In the interview to the French newspaper "Le Journal du Dimanche" Muamar Gaddafi "has urged the United Nations to make an investigation of the conflict" and has declared: « "I would like an investigatory commission of the United Nations or the African Union to come to Libya. We'll let the commission work without any restrictions": en.rian.ru... It is a real step towards peace in Libya and we support Muammar Gaddafi’s initiative.

We declare our support for any action of Muammar Gaddafi and his entourage that they are implementing and will implement in order to protect the integrity and sovereignty of Libya and the protection of the state system. The politics of the leaders of the U.S., Britain and other NATO countries do not have anything to do with humanity and protection of human rights and seek to enslave all the countries of the world, especially those who have resources. We believe that the army and the militia of Libya have the right to launch a preemptive strike against troops of occupiers.

We know that President of Venezuela Hugo Chavez offers to mediate between the Government of Muammar Gaddafi and the rebels, as well as that "Comandante Chavez spoke with Gaddafi about a reconciliation commission in Libya” and received an agreement from Muammar Gaddafi, as well as from the League of Arab States: www.ndtv.com... We stand in solidarity with this decision and believe that today this is the only way to reconcile of the parties for the benefit of the peace and tranquility in the Libyan land!

We call upon the peoples of the world to speak out against another bloody crime of the world oligarchy. Who is performing criminal orders must remember the principle of The Nuremberg Trials: "The orders of the authorities do not justify crimes against humanity." The obligation and sacred right of every citizen is to stop this flow of lies and aggression and to restore the justice! Tell about this to your friends, colleagues, and publish it in your blogs on pages of your sites, in newspapers and leaflets. The world must know the truth! This is the only way we can stop the aggressor and will not give to launch a war.

SIGNATURES:

"FOR Gaddafi and His people" in the Facebook - www.facebook.com...#!/home.php?

P.S. Full list of articles:

1. Major Media Promote War on Libya - dissidentvoice.org...
2. Was Libya framed for Lockerbie bombing? - www.globalresearch.ca...
3. The Tide of Media Disinformation: Who is Behind the Military Insurrection in Libya? - www.globalresearch.ca...
4. Eyewitnesses say media whipping up Libyan uproar - rt.com...
5. Libya "Uprising": Questioning Role of Al-Jazeera, US/West Media - en.m4.cn...
6. Airstrikes in Libya did not take place - Russian military - : rt.com... , www.abovetopsecret.com...
7. Pan Am 103 & The Charge Against Libya: Case Closed or More Disinformation? - www.blog.missionsnet.org...
8. America’s Secret Plan To Arm Libya’s Rebels - www.disinfo.com...
9. Social media: Fog of war in Libya - www.cbc.ca...
10. Photos of airstrikes in Libya - sokol-ff.livejournal.com...
11. A strange normalcy inside Tripoli - worldblog.msnbc.msn.com...
12. Tripoli under fire in media information war - rt.com...

Communities

1. Support for Muammar al Gaddafi from the people of Serbia
www.facebook.com...
2. Support for Muammar al-Gaddafi
www.facebook.com...
3. Support for Muammar El Gaddafi
www.facebook.com...
4. Support the Libyan Jamahiriyah against the Westerners interferences
www.facebook.com...
5. ЗА КАДДАФИ И ЕГО НАРОД За Гадафи и његов народ For Gaddafi and his people
www.facebook.com...

Official site of Muammar Al Gathafi

1. www.algathafi.org...
2. kaddafi.ru...

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The thread title is misleading. I watch the news several times a day, daily , and watch various channels for a cross section of info. He has not fled, he has sent diplomatic envoys out , that's all. It was on the news last night.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Juventino

Welcome to ATS Mr Gaddafi, I would have thought you'd have more to be doing with your time than posting on internet forums.

I must admit that although what's going on in your country has nothing to do with the rest of the world it would be nice if you could stop blowing up the oil supplies as the current unrest is putting prices up yet again.

Oooorrrr, is this part of the agenda to the unrest that's currently going on in the middle east, as it seems that the oil companies are very quick to put the prices up, very slow to start bringing them down and never actually bring them down to the level they were at previously, while all the time generating record profits every year.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I agree what was said in a way on RT news the west want there oil
Dave cameron is leading the way on sanctions and a no fly zone because of BP massive assets over there he dousn't want the regime to bomb western oil assets etc, The west will make sure Gahddafi will fall now because if he dousn't he will kick the west out of libya and any oil coming to them.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
reply to post by Juventino

Welcome to ATS Mr Gaddafi, I would have thought you'd have more to be doing with your time than posting on internet forums.

I'm #WINNING

top topics

join