It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England 'healthier than the US'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I'm waiting for the British have bad teeth remark!

I'm amazed it hasn't appeared, a link to The Simpsons episode

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by jameshawkings

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by spyder550
Could it be that they have a state health care system like most other civilized countries?

Well, given the Tories track well it won't be for long, am sure the bidding process has already stated to sell our health care to the highest private bidder who'll delivery the lowest level of service. If the report is true, it wont be for very long.

It will be a big shame if that happens, a very big loss. McHealthCare

It will be a crying shame, but going on the track record of those in Westminster, I would not be surprised, or shocked as the current lot seem to feel the private sector much more suited for these things, especially when it comes to lining their pocket.

So true, eventually we end up with a system where 50 percent of the profit goes to a handful of fat cats, instead of being pumped back into the company/system for the good of the company/system. Lord Mandelson (who said he would consider joining the Tories) will appear on the scene, do the dirty work, get photographed on a yacht with an oligarch, then buy a mansion worth 50 times more than he should possibly be able afford going by his regular salary.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I'm waiting for the British have bad teeth remark!

Yes, ignorance is bliss.

To the OP. The US spends vastly more on health care – over twice as much per person, but they maintain an inefficient heath service. Although blunt statistics, US life expectancy is lower and infant mortality higher.

It is often easy to mock the NHS (which is free at the point of delivery to UK subjects), but usually the mocking is based on ignorance and misinformation. We just need to recall those opposed to the US health reforms where they sought to draw parallels with the UK, like the UK had a medieval health service. These critics over exaggerated for their own interests and skipped the areas where the US is woefully deficient, such as mental health services and some areas of primary care, not to mention the notion of universality.

I am proud of the NHS and have experienced US health care first hand. The US system is a business and the fact that it is massively inefficient is merely a by product of the uneasy union of healthcare and profit.

Regards

new topics

<< 1   >>

join