It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England 'healthier than the US'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Take a look at this article

England 'healthier than the US'

Some of the key points

Why health status differs so dramatically in these two countries, which share much in terms of history and culture, is an unresolved puzzle” End Quote Dr Melissa Martinson and colleagues

People living in England enjoy better health than Americans, despite less investment in healthcare, research published in the US has revealed.

Whenever they start saying it's a "Mystery" or an "Unresolved Puzzle" it actually means that they're not allowed to tell us the real reason. In case you don't know the answer to this puzzle, I'll give you a clue as to one of the main reasons (apart from food/obesity) as to why English people are healthier despite "LESS INVESTMENT IN HEALTHCARE"

There you go, there's the answer. In the USA they pump every baby/child full of vaccines, even adults too. In the UK it's not as bad (yet). In the USA they have a drug for everything, any excuse to get you on a drug that will inevitibly have destructive side-effects. Unfortunately the UK is heading in a similar direction, but it's a long way behind, for now the corruption is not as extreme in the UK and let's hope that articles like this will wake people up and ensure that money is not invested in supistitions like drugs and vaccines, but instead in REAL healthcare

From the Healthcare Industry's perspective; a healthy nation is not a profitable nation
edit on 9-3-2011 by jameshawkings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If they are so healthy then why do they all look so gross?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

The article didn't say that the English were healthy, but rather that they are healthier than the Americans. Less unhealthy would be a better way to describe it

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Probably because they don't wear half a pound of makeup like most America women. Plus they don't get much sun

This does not surprise me tho. I read the other day that 26 million people in the US have diabetes.... Also 18 million Americans have heart disease. When you factor in all the other illnesses who in America is not unhealthy or at least not on their way, my guess is a very small percent.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

We are all unhealthy, that's an unfortunate side effect of living in a toxic world.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

What are you talking about Americans are the fattest fks on the planet....they are probably responsible for keeping earth's axis in place. 2012 they will all go on a diet and screw everything up.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Could it be that they have a state health care system like most other civilized countries?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Could it be that they have a state health care system like most other civilized countries?

Well, given the Tories track well it won't be for long, am sure the bidding process has already stated to sell our health care to the highest private bidder who'll delivery the lowest level of service. If the report is true, it wont be for very long.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

74% of American people are clinically obese , as opposed to only 24% of the population UK . US people are the equivelant of human PACMEN !

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The American medical system is a corporate model with a focus on generating profit.

In the American medical system, to heal or cure a patient is the same as killing a profitable customer.

When and if the monetary reward for healing or curing outweighs the monetary reward for treating a customer long term, then we will see a change.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Welcome to Wonderland.
Up is down, moving backwards is progress and the health care industry decimates the populations health and certainly does not care.

I try not to discuss health matters with most people, because it leads to "fat fks" telling me how natural medicine is a scam, and that my vegan diet is going to kill me.

I think what OP says is plausible. - If the English population receives fewer vaccinations and is less likely to be put on pharmaceuticals, that could be one factor to explain the difference.

I think processed foods (white flour, refined sugar to name two) and HFCS contribute greatly to the diabetes epidemic
in the US. How common is it to see high fructose corn syrup in English foods?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
American woman are SEXY. There is not an ounce of sex appeal in all of the UK.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree with part of the OP in the sense that I believe less is more when talking about medical treatments.

People here get vaccinated for everything, they pop a pill every time they have a minor health mality, a headache, stomach pains, they eat pills to help gain weight, to lose weight, many times taking drugs for small health issues that have a chain of side effects far worse than the initial problem.

So in short, aside from the obvious things making people sick, like the food and the poor water and air quality, the single thing that makes Americans sick and unhealthy are the very drugs they are taking to make them feel better.

Americans are being poisoned, and it aint by accident.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

You obviously have a preference for BIG women

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deepred
The American medical system is a corporate model with a focus on generating profit.

In the American medical system, to heal or cure a patient is the same as killing a profitable customer.

When and if the monetary reward for healing or curing outweighs the monetary reward for treating a customer long term, then we will see a change.

Excellent post there!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I agree with part of the OP in the sense that I believe less is more when talking about medical treatments.

People here get vaccinated for everything, they pop a pill every time they have a minor health mality, a headache, stomach pains, they eat pills to help gain weight, to lose weight, many times taking drugs for small health issues that have a chain of side effects far worse than the initial problem.

So in short, aside from the obvious things making people sick, like the food and the poor water and air quality, the single thing that makes Americans sick and unhealthy are the very drugs they are taking to make them feel better.

Americans are being poisoned, and it aint by accident.

Good points about the food and poor water being part of the problem

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed

I think processed foods (white flour, refined sugar to name two) and HFCS contribute greatly to the diabetes epidemic
in the US. How common is it to see high fructose corn syrup in English foods?

HFCS is not as common in the UK as in the US, but there's still plenty of it around

Totally agree with you that white flour and refined sugar, along with HFCS and soft drinks are greatly contributing towards the diabetes epidemic.

We've all been brainwashed that's it's normal to drink soft drinks full of aspartame or sugar, instead of drinking what we were designed to drink; water! When a child is given soft drinks and goes hyperactive, instead making them drink water, they give them drugs; the real solution of giving them water is not profitible

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Well, given the Tories track well it won't be for long, am sure the bidding process has already stated to sell our health care to the highest private bidder who'll delivery the lowest level of service. If the report is true, it wont be for very long.

It will be a big shame if that happens, a very big loss. McHealthCare

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the British have bad teeth remark!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

It will be a big shame if that happens, a very big loss. McHealthCare

It will be a crying shame, but going on the track record of those in Westminster, I would not be surprised, or shocked as the current lot seem to feel the private sector much more suited for these things, especially when it comes to lining their pocket.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join