It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God love me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
How can I really know for certain that God loves me? And would it matter much if God did not love me? The way I see it, God has no choice but to love me.Guess it would be nice to know for certain that there is a higher power that loves me.Does anyone know for certain?

Mods , if this post makes no sense, please delete. Thanks Theo-
edit on 9-3-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sounds like you need more self esteem. Maybe worry less about maybe imaginary beings opinions and just work on yourself.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Do you love your self.? I'm being completely serious..here..You are your own god..There is no god in the sense of the biblical god..Sorry Don't exist!.. You on the other hand DO exist..Stop looking to a imaginary being for acceptance..Look within your self, And you will find everything you need.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The very belief in a mythical character, that still to this day no one has conclusive evidence to support the existence, sounds to me that this group of individuals who need a social wake up call? ( this includes you OP )

Why worry about the love or lack there of, from a character you personally havent met? Has jesus come down and said theo, lets have a beer and chat? Id have to guess no~

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jefferton

Self esteem for what? If I knew for positive sure that God loved me, would that effect my self esteem? Would that make me a better person?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i am by no means a holly roller lol but yes god loves you! dont listen to these people or even me for that matter it's all personal belief ! you can find god and feel his love for yourself ! try it invite him into your life
and see if you answer your own question, peace .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
How can I really know for certain that God loves me? And would it matter much if God did not love me? The way I see it, God has no choice but to love me.Guess it would be nice to know for certain that there is a higher power that loves me.Does anyone know for certain?

Mods , if this post makes no sense, please delete. Thanks Theo

Can i make a suggestion? Learn and practice meditation....

You'll understand what Gods love is...

Once you experience what else is out there, beyond our physical realm... It will change you and your reality.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
If your happy where your at with your God, then what does it matter what we think?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophorus

If you had more self esteem you wouldn't need praise from "god". God is for empty people with no personality. Be yourself and be free.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

How can I really know for certain that God loves me?

Now be all grown up and honest about this , You can't , no more than you can be certain that your god or any other of the gods is not imaginary.

And would it matter much if God did not love me?

You can be rest assured that there are millions of people on this earth who are very happy loving and loved who could'nt give a flying monkeys whether or not they were loved by your god.

The way I see it, God has no choice but to love me

Then you just answered your own question making it ridiculous to begin with

Guess it would be nice to know for certain that there is a higher power that loves me

Why ? A puppy will love you all day long and is no less nor more likely to to perform magik tricks for you to feel better about yourself.

Does anyone know for certain?

Every christian on the planet, they will give you a big hug you so desperately need and say "There that is proof god loves you" or will point out the terminally ill making the most of that day and say "See they know god has a plan for all of us".

Dude, sometimes life gets crap invisble men that live in the sky only serve to make you ask why.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

all is good , ive never read that book before .. whats it about?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I have to agree with some of the above posters. This is important: you will never, ever, in your life, know for certain if "God" loves you, or if he even exists at all. So what are you left with? Logic and reasoning.

"God" will never speak to you, will never say "Hey, buddy, I love you." You're on your own. We all are. So I'd say it's completely irrelevant if "God" gives a rip about you. All the strength and will you need to get through life will have to come from within yourself. Don't worry about "God" or what he may think, just worry about yourself and the people around you. We all have to take care of each other.

I don't claim to know much of anything for certain, but it would stand to reason in my mind that if "God" was real then it would be universally known. There would be no debate, no differences of opinion, no competing forms of religion, it would be obvious and we would ALL know it. As this is not the case, well, where does that leave you? I'd advise you to stop worrying about "God," let him take care of himself. We have enough on our plates without wondering if he loves us or is even up there at all, especially since you'll never know for certain anyway.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Reminded me of a song "Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Theo, First of all I would warn you to be careful of some of the council here in this forum. Secondly, The Almighty God, Jehovah has already proved his love for you by sending His only begotten Son to die in your stead. Read God's Word. Start with John 3:16 and then read and be a doer of Romans 10:9 and 10. Do the Word and Will of God, trust Him and you will not be disappointed. Believe is an action word. You must be the one to act on the promise. God has already done His part. That which was lost in the Garden was regained on the Cross. "Come unto me you who are weary and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

Do not give a second glance to those who say, "there is no God." The Word of God says, "The fool has said in his heart there is no God."

Be careful of blind guides! Be careful of wolves in sheeps clothing!

I will not be interested in any who respond to this post with the knashing of teeth and/or defend darkness! This Post is for OP only! Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened.

God loves you! For, God is love! He is the Author and He means what He says, and says what He means.

Do You Believe?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Well no one knows for sure if there even is a higher power and speculating on that higher being's feelings about a particular individual is a bit silly. Personally I don't believe there is a god out there to love me. As someone above me pointed out this may be an issue about how you feel about yourself. As long as you love yourself who cares what some supernatural man in the sky thinks? What makes his opinion of you more valid than your own about yourself?

In the end isn't getting loved by people better than the love of a deity, unless of course its the foxy deity of your choice (the Greek gods slept around with and fell in love with mortals frequently)? So hopefully you think fairly highly of yourself, although hopefully not too highly (there's a such thing as a healthy level of self-esteem) and you can find some family members, friends or a significant other who love you also. Good luck

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Don't look to anyone for approval.
Find out what you are.
Where you are looking from is what you are looking for.
The source of you is god.
The source of everything is god.
To know god directly, the source must be found.
Look within, to where the thoughts appear.
Prior to thought, prior to all things.
All things are secondary.
The thing that sees (experiences) is primary.
Nothing can appear without your presence.

You are presence, the presence.
Presence is always present.
Presence alludes us when we are seeking to find in the past or future.
Past and future are illusions, not real.
Find what is real and eternal.
'This', ever present moment of now.

God does not love you.
God is love.
Love is your natural state.
When you find this natural state, love will be felt.
edit on 10-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
God is always there to love you, no matter what compassionate path you choose to see the Godhead.

He has made your suffering temporary, and maybe less then the suffering you caused in many lifetimes.
He has made your ecstasy temporary -so you do not become lost to the illusion of the material plane.
He came down and spoke Holy books to men, so that you may learn to move your consciousness to His level and join Him again one day in eternal paradise.

Godhead loves you very dearly.
But love is never forced.
Have you shown any love to Godhead in return?
Even a small gesture of love toward God has great results.
Try it.
What you put in is what you get out.

One day you will show love to God, because He is all attractive.
Every living thing in the universe will go back to Godhead eventually.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join