It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man raised by chickens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Apparently after his parents died, this man's grandfather locked him in the chicken coop with the chickens. He picked up the habits of the chickens and the hospital didn't know how to treat him. I find this very interesting.

Sunjit Kumar was locked in a chicken coop for several years as a young boy, after his parents died and he was handed over to his grandfather.

He had little contact with humans during that time and picked up the habits of the birds.

www.nbc5.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Very interesting story, another to add to the list of 'feral children'.

It'd be interesting to see his behaviours prior to finding 'treatment'... amazing.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
That is just weird! I hope that grandfather got severly punished!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That sick Bas___d needs to get the samr treatment he forced that poor young boy to indure-I think that would be a good punishment. I can't go on or I will be banned for the words I would be using...

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Okay, let's review. You're kept in a chicken coup with little human interaction until you are 12. Then you spend the next 20 years tied to your bed in a backwater mental hospital.

I'm hoping no one expects a smile from this man.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I saw this story on MSNBC�s Keith Olbermann show. I was appalled by the manner in which Mr. Olbermann made fun of this guy�s story. It was then that it occurred to me how unconsciously arrogant/racist/xenophobic we have become in America. If this unfathomable abuse had occurred in America, I doubt the story would have been spun as an object of amusement. It astonishes me that none of the writers, producers or Mr. Olbermann himself saw the callousness and insensitivity of the angle they chose for the story. The whole thing left me breathless and ashamed. What have we become? Is it any wonder we had a few soldiers behave badly in Abu Ghraib? This isn�t about conservatism or liberalism. It�s about the abandonment of the core values that made us Americans. I no longer believe the problem to be political, but rather cultural. Terrorists can destroy the material things in our lives. They can even take away our loved ones. But who is responsible for destroying our values? Hint: It wasn�t the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
As soon as he gets mentally well he should hire a lawyer and sue the mental hospital that kept him tied up for 20 years.
Maybe he can choose the punishment for dear old gramps too!

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sometimes we are so PC here on the board that we fail to see the funny side of it all.

Do you think in that 20 years tied to the bed that he roosted on the end?

He had imitated or imprinted with the chicken," Clayton said. "He was perching, he was picking at his food, he was hopping around like a chicken. He'd keep his hands in a chickenlike fashion, and he'd make a noise, which was like the calling of a chicken, which he still has."

Just think how cheap he was to keep! bird seed and left over food.

OTOH, it is sad that when you only have one life to live, the first 30 years of it are kept in the chicken coop....

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Netchicken:

Funny might be watching someone trip and then dust themselves off- that is, if slapstick is your thing. How does child abuse of this extreme nature strike you as amusing? PC has nothing to do with it! Its called empathy and respect for another human life- particularly when it involves a helpless, innocent child. Your post exposes the dysfunction and callousness of your thinking. I hope that isn�t really representative of the kind of human being you want to be or are.

Is there not enough comedic subject matter in the world that you need to select this child�s brutal misery for amusement? Shame on you and anyone who thinks the same.

[edit on 20-7-2004 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join