Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What are some natural & holistic ways to heal a knee injury?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I partially tore my meniscus playing football and it still isn't 100% 2 years later. The way it was torn, it's sort of like having a pebble in your shoe. Sometimes you feel it, sometimes you don't. But I can still run on it, just can't sit criss-cross without pain. It doesn't even hurt when running, it just throbs basically.

I want to avoid the surgery route at all costs. The surgery would basically take out or shave back some cartilage and i'm not sure that's the answer. I just think of my dad, he's had half a dozen knee surgeries to "fix" his knee, to where he has like no cartilage left. He can hardly walk, much less run.

So, what are some natural & holistic ways to heal a knee injury? Are there certain foods i can eat, drinks, meditations, etc.?
edit on 9-3-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There's different acupressure points (acupuncture without the needles) that are easy to find online & can help relieve some of the pain. I use some for stress/anxiety & migraines.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Have you tried Mediation mixed with reiki healing? Or crystal healing. people laugh at it at first but you cant really knock it till you have tried it.

The power of the mind has always baffelled scientists and the body is capable of amazing things.

Its completely up to you ofcourse.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Im a former college football player and there are a few ways to go about rehabbing without surgery.

1.) Do aquatic therapy....you dont necessarily have to take classes with all the old people in the pool at the YMCA but basic swimming, various leg movements, running across the pool will all help rebuild muscle around the knee to help strengthen it. All while the water and its buoyancy help to support the joint from injury.

2.) Electronic Sound and Stem....you can buy a basic TENS unit (Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) for about $50 bucks or so. I got mine from a chiropractor. That will help send electric impulses to muscle, cartilage, and meniscus to help rebuild and strengthen it.

3.) You can use what is called the MG-33. Its an elector magnetic impulse machine that works like a near miracle. I have sprained my knee before and after one 15 minute session i was able to walk...mind you with a slight limp..but i didnt need crutches. Here is a link to it.

www.templeguardianhealth.com...

4.) Go to Wal-Mart or some grocery store and buy Shark Cartilage. It will help in the restoration of all the above mentioned in your knee as well.

I have my Masters Degree in Sports Medicine and was a personal trianer for 6 years so the info listed above is credible and ive seen it all work for patients/clients of mine throughout the years.

Good luck with the Rehab!

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The tens unit really helps. It is definitely worth a try.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There is a form of cauterization that may help. It's rarely done out side of poor areas of Asia. I have a file some where in my archives that shows how to do it with a common knife, stove top, and a close hanger. I'll try to remember to look for the guide tonight, PM if I forget. My great grandfather used this on my brother a year after having a quadriceps rupture.

top topics

join