It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard to Inspire people these days?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Honestly i know everyones been doped by sex, Tv and religion but come on! Is it so hard to drop your defences for one moment to allow yourself to Inspired to do some good in the world, Words seem to be lost in this relentlesly serious world, Infact i hardly see any genuine smiles these days, are people so lost?..

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Because being inspired to really do something in the world wont pay the bills or get you a car. It seems like we are conditioned to want materials,and let someone else be a human. I wish people would be inspired, or when We are inspired, to be allowed to act on it. Instead, its squashed, and thrown out, so you can go make us some more money.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

They are indeed... You just have to reach out to people creatively, whether they decide to use your knowledge as part of their life is up to them. Yea it sucks F*in sheep are brainwashed, you tell em something groundbreaking and you would think they'd be leaping to their feet ready to do something... wish that was the case, the question is how do you inspire a change of reality
edit on 02/23/2011 by mrjones7885 because: .

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjones7885

As i say its just insane that things with so much inspiration are wasted on People who just seem intent and un-movable in their persistent living of their lives, I mean my god, has humanity really slumped into so much of ditch that even a breathtaking speach would barely get a second glance

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Because there is not an app for that.

Make an app and then people... I mean the app will inspire.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I know what your saying man, You know it feels good to do nice things for other people.. For example, I try to go out of my way everyday..To make someone smile, or laugh..Or even just saying hey to a old friend.

If I can keep this up for the rest of my life.. Then I will have accomplished something in my life. Even if it seems insignificant.. At the time it mean's the world to the other person.. I'm not a believer in karma..As act's of kindness seek no reward. and they inspire goodwill in the hearts of others.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Well at least someones more usefull than a fogotten singular brick

edit on 9/3/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In my opinion - many of the things which inspired people in the past have been achieved. creating fire, human flight, voyages to the depths of the ocean, space exploration and space flight, speaking via video to someone the other side of the world via a computer smaller than your hand.

Of course - there are many more things to achieve, but they are less exciting than these first steps.

Society is also a big influence - I'd say that we are encouraged to conform our ideas/beliefs more than in the past.

new topics

top topics

join