It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Suing Arizona for Enforcing a Federal Law? WOW!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Arizona SB 1070 (Apr 2010 Passed 17-11) the law that allows a state to deport an illegal which is legally recognized as being under Federal jurisdiction. That is where all this noise is stemming from.
edit on 10-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

Seriously now, please just stop.
I have to assume this is something you are doing on purpose but I have no clue why. I am asking a very simple question. Name the FEDERAL law. Arizona SB 1070 is NOT a FEDERAL law. I cannot ask this any more clearly. I have no idea how to write it any differently. This would seem like a really bad thread to be bragging about vast intelligence in. Just saying.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Sinnthia (I think I spelled it right that time
)

I did only point that out because you kept responding directly to me and spelling it wrong in a manner that seemed on purpose. I am not a spelling Nazi, I promise. I have not the legs to stand on there.

Link

I dunno if that'll do it for you.

THANK YOU. It seemed really easy for you to read my question, understand it, and then answer it. I wonder what percentile your IQ falls in.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

The Alien Act of 1798 is the law that allows the Federal Govertnment to deport people. SB 1070 allows a state to deport people. This is what is causing all the chaos.
edit on 11-3-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Uh Yep! There are probably just as many illegal Canadians here as Mexicans. There are just as many - if not more drugs coming across the Canadian border.

Oh - but wait - - they look like us. You know - - white.

Complete bs...if there was as many illegal Canadians in the US as illegal Mexicans....there would be very few people left in Canada

Where do people come up with this garbage?

There are between 7 mill and 20 mill illegal immigrants in the US, there is 33,739,900 (2009 count) Canadians in Canada...pretty sure we would have noticed between 20 and 60 percent of our population missing

In 1996 there were an estimated 22.5 illegal Mexicans for every illegal Canadian...the ratio has gotten worse since then (economic boom in western Canada / semi stable accross rest of country vs reccession in US)

Illegal Alien Resident Population

As for illegal drugs, you must be more specific. The most prolific drug in use, and production, in Canada is marijuana...which is a drug that the US produces plenty of inside her own borders.

Edit to add:

Original reason for posting

Obama turning on a state like this, publicly, is a very bad sign for the US as a whole.

It sends out a message, loud and clear, that states rights are no more, and that the Feds can (and will) enforce laws of THEIR choosing.

Both bad for the future of the US.
edit on 11-3-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

The Alien Act of 1798.

There is no such federal law as "The Alien Act of 1798"
The link that Lemon.Fresh provided offers up text from both
The Arizona bill

and....

Text from the FEDERAL LEGISLATION it supposedly mirrors.

That was exactly what I asked for the first time. A link, or title, or name, or bill number of the FEDERAL LAW mentioned in the title of this thread.

Please ignore my posts from now on as your attempt to distract me from my original thought has more than succeeded. Now I just wonder why.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I dunno. Never bothered to check. I am not of the ego stroking variety, so it never mattered to me.

Glad I was able to help

edit on 3/11/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

That's too bad because I was hoping you had a high enough IQ to explain this to me.

I am a top 25%'er when it comes to iq which makes what I say completely factual

The correlation between IQ and providing facts is beyond me. I need some smart people to explain stuff like that to me.

The reason I asked, I think, was simple because I wanted to read the two bills and see how much they align and where they may differ. I was just curious because I know AZ has had to alter its original proposal a few times. Your link would appear to offer that exact comparison with the links to the sources I would be looking for. Thank you. Luckily I am all kinds of distracted now from my original line of thinking and cannot argue with you about anything.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Alien Act of 1798 is the law that allows the Federal Govertnment to deport people.

There is no such federal law with that title.

SB 1070 allows a state to deport people.

A bullet will put a hole in a person.
A fast moving metal rod will put a hole in a person.
You are not answering my question and it has been taken care of already. Thank you anyway. Please get back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is what is causing all the chaos.

I know what is causing all the chaos. I was looking for a specific set of details about this chaos. THANK YOU.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The Alien Act of 1798 is the law that allows the Federal Govertnment to deport people.

There is no such federal law with that title.

SB 1070 allows a state to deport people.

A bullet will put a hole in a person.
A fast moving metal rod will put a hole in a person.
You are not answering my question and it has been taken care of already. Thank you anyway. Please get back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is what is causing all the chaos.

I know what is causing all the chaos. I was looking for a specific set of details about this chaos. THANK YOU.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The Alien Act of 1798.
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Mr. Genius,,,, I think your making a reference to: The Alien and Sedition Acts, 1798

An Act concerning Aliens.

Sec. 1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That it shall be lawful for the President of the United States at any time during the continnuance of this act, to order all such aliens as he shall judge dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States, or shall have reasonable grounds to suspect are concerned in any treasonable or secret machinations against the government thereof, to depart out of the territory of the United States, within such time as shall be expressed in such order, which order shall be served on such alien by delivering him a copy thereof, or leaving the same at his usual abode, and returned to the office of the Secretary of State, by the marshal or other person to whom the same shall be directed.

You can actually read about it here: www.lexrex.com...

Now there is the: ACT CONCERNING ALIENS.
[Approved June 25, 1798.]
SECTION I. Confers power on the President to order aliens to depart.
1. What aliens.
Such as the President shall judge dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States, or shall have reasonable grounds to suspect of treasonable or secret machinations against the government.
Source: www.constitution.org...

Now I know your not as much a Genius as you'd like us to believe, because both of the above are the same law, just in a deferent form.

Now I hope you noticed the most important part of this law,,,, The President as the Power To Deport or I should say, The President as the Power to oder the deportation of Aliens through the means of Law Enforcement Personnel.

Here you go Mr. Genius a passage from the source for you: How proceeded against.
By the President's order to depart, served by the marshal or other person. But the President may grant a license to remain on proof by the alien, that he is not dangerous; and may require bond and security of such person.

I'm sorry Mr. Genius, I have to keep going, I'm not to sure you can read, Plain English,
Confers on the President power to remove aliens.
1. What aliens.
Such as are above described, who are.
1. In prison, in pursuance of this Act.
2. Dangerous, and proper to be speedily removed.

2. Consequences of returning without President's permission.
Imprisonment, on conviction, as long as the President thinks the public safety requires it.

This act proves, We Didn't have then and we don't want now Open Borders!!!!!!
Still the key word is President,,, We don't have a President, We have a Appeaser, some one who Bows to other Leaders and allows them to stand on the Steps of the White House and Talk Bad About Our Country and Our States and Our States Laws.
You President,,,, obama stands there and nods his head in agreement and thinks we're all FOOLS!

I hope I did not go off topic.

edit on 11-3-2011 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

The Alien Act of 1798.
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Mr. Genius,,,, I think your making a reference to: The Alien and Sedition Acts, 1798

An Act concerning Aliens.

Sec. 1. Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That it shall be lawful for the President of the United States at any time during the continnuance of this act, to order all such aliens as he shall judge dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States, or shall have reasonable grounds to suspect are concerned in any treasonable or secret machinations against the government thereof, to depart out of the territory of the United States, within such time as shall be expressed in such order, which order shall be served on such alien by delivering him a copy thereof, or leaving the same at his usual abode, and returned to the office of the Secretary of State, by the marshal or other person to whom the same shall be directed.

You can actually read about it here: www.lexrex.com...

Now there is the: ACT CONCERNING ALIENS.
[Approved June 25, 1798.]
SECTION I. Confers power on the President to order aliens to depart.
1. What aliens.
Such as the President shall judge dangerous to the peace and safety of the United States, or shall have reasonable grounds to suspect of treasonable or secret machinations against the government.
Source: www.constitution.org...

Now I know your not as much a Genius as you'd like us to believe, because both of the above are the same law, just in a deferent form.

Now I hope you noticed the most important part of this law,,,, The President as the Power To Deport or I should say, The President as the Power to oder the deportation of Aliens through the means of Law Enforcement Personnel.

Here you go Mr. Genius a passage from the source for you: How proceeded against.
By the President's order to depart, served by the marshal or other person. But the President may grant a license to remain on proof by the alien, that he is not dangerous; and may require bond and security of such person.

I'm sorry Mr. Genius, I have to keep going, I'm not to sure you can read, Plain English,
Confers on the President power to remove aliens.
1. What aliens.
Such as are above described, who are.
1. In prison, in pursuance of this Act.
2. Dangerous, and proper to be speedily removed.

2. Consequences of returning without President's permission.
Imprisonment, on conviction, as long as the President thinks the public safety requires it.

This act proves, We Didn't have then and we don't want now Open Borders!!!!!!
Still the key word is President,,, We don't have a President, We have a Appeaser, some one who Bows to other Leaders and allows them to stand on the Steps of the White House and Talk Bad About Our Country and Our States and Our States Laws.
You President,,,, obama stands there and nods his head in agreement and thinks we're all FOOLS!

I hope I did not go off topic.

edit on 11-3-2011 by guohua because: Spelling

The President's authourity to expell someone has already been removed and transferred to ICE, INS.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
Quite the strawman you have there.

~
Right.
I think youd better find out what the term means.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Good video.
Spot on even if ObamaDrones turn a blind eye.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join