It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pain Patch Users Advised By Government To Pollute Our Drinking Water System With Used Patches!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Despite all of the horror stories we here at ATS have been hearing about lately, concerning the medications sullying and polluting our drinking water, our government is advising users of the exreme pain medication patch Fentanyl to flush the used patches into our drinking water systems, via their toilets. It is now clear to me how come our water is polluted, and why. It is polluted because of advice like this, to flush used patches down the toilet. I also remember as a kid, hearing about medicine drives a few times a year, where people go and hand over expired or unused medication over to (whomever) to "dispose" of properly. I remember also hearing that the safest way to dispose of drugs is flushing.

Now how come after all of the investigative reports about drugs in our drinking water, are these patches still being prescribed with such dangerous disposal instructions? I have a link to the fda government website, in which the website advises folding and fushing the patch, but I have a relative who uses the patch, and the instructions to fold and flush are on the prescription. This just blew our mind when we read that (my relative has recently started this medication, and has never used it before). We both know how the massive amounts of drugs in the drinking water could very well be adversely our population, and who wants to contribute to that?

Why would a pharmacuetical company AND our own GOVERNMENT both advise people to POLLUTE the very WATER we drink and rely upon for our LIVES?

This is a very disturbing conspiracy.

Here is the fda link with the pollution advice:

www.fda.gov...

Patients who are using the fentanyl transdermal patch and their caregiversmust be fully informedabout safe methods for storage and disposal of used, unneeded or defective fentanyl transdermal patches. Fentanyl transdermal patches should be stored in a safe place and kept out of the reach of children. Safely dispose of used, unneeded or defective fentanyl transdermal patchesby folding the adhesive sides of the patch together (until it adheres to itself) and flushing it down the toilet.
Health care professionals who prescribe the fentanyl transdermal patch and patients who use the fentanyl transdermal patch and their caregivers should be aware of the signs of fentanyl overdose. Signs of fentanyl overdose include trouble breathing or shallow breathing; tiredness, extreme sleepiness or sedation; inability to think, talk or walk normally; and feeling faint, dizzy or confused. If these signs occur, patients or their caregivers should get medical attention right away.

Every single day I am amazed at the doubke speak that comes from our government. It looks like someone wants to soft kill us! I dont want to drink prozac and fentanyl and cardiac medications, dammit! I want to drink water.

Have a sick relative, and you will learn a lot about the dark underbelly of our country. I would never have been aware of this hypocrisy had my relative not been so ill.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

The point of flushing the drug is that it is transdermal. Putting it in the trash/dump puts workers at risk of touching it and absorbing the drug. By flushing it, you are minimizing that risk.

To date, the levels of prescription drugs found in water are so minute, they are only detectable with new quantiative chemical technology. They aren't being found in amount that are even biologically active in the human body, so it's exceedingly unlikely that flushing unused or defective fentanyl patches will have any effect whatsoever.

Can we worry about actual health care problems (like lack of access, poor treatment of the non-wealthy) rather that making up new ones, please?[
edit on 3/9/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This is not an imaginary made up problem, the pollution of our drinking water. There are other threads to address the other issues you raised that are off topic.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
This is not an imaginary made up problem, the pollution of our drinking water. There are other threads to address the other issues you raised that are off topic.

It's also worth noting that, even if you DON'T flush your fentanyl patch, it's still going to end up in the drinking water, as some of the drug will be passed in urine without being metabolized.

What do you want patients on medications to do? Urinate in jars and bury them?

Why don't you offer solutions to your "problem", rather than just trying to create hysteria?

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

I had an Organic Chemistry teacher at FSU that would disagree with you adamently!

The levels of pharmaceuticals in our streams and lakes are at staggering levels, and they have had documented effects on the breeding habits of fish. So fish are so effeminized that they will never attempt to breed at all. Human males are also the least fertile they have ever been in modern times. There are plenty of conspiracies out there to choose from about whether or not this is intentional, but there is no question that it is happening.

ETA:
You are correct about the Urine. The majority of the drugs probably get into the system after passing through our bodies.

edit on 9-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I had an Organic Chemistry teacher at FSU that would disagree with you adamently!

The levels of pharmaceuticals in our streams and lakes are at staggering levels, and they have had documented effects on the breeding habits of fish. So fish are so effeminized that they will never attempt to breed at all. Human males are also the least fertile they have ever been in modern times. There are plenty of conspiracies out there to choose from about whether or not this is intentional, but there is no question that it is happening.

ETA:
You are correct about the Urine. The majority of the drugs probably get into the system after passing through our bodies.

edit on 9-3-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Any sources for this? Everything I've read (though I admit, it has mostly been through political philosophy) suggests that social stress and pressure are what currently drives "fertility", in that men are less likely to ATTEMPT to have children (not that they are incapable), coupled with the rise of feminine control over fertility (contraceptives).

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

My source is the Organic Chemistry department at Florida State University, and the opinions of some well-published professors. FSU does a lot of of biomedical research and holds more patent income in that area than any other university. Their opinions are pretty solid. I can't find alternative research sites from my work computer, but I will attempt to find some when I get home. It has been at least 10 years since I took those courses, but I'm sure things have only gotten worse.

FSU Organic Chemistry Home Page

Dr. Saltiel was one of my instructors, but he isn't the one that harped on the pharmaceutical vs. fertility subject. I don't see that professor's name, he may be retired.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
... So if the chemicals we put into our toilet have a direct affect on our drinking water, does that mean we could wage biological terrorism by pouring excessive quantities of poison's such as strychnine into our toilet?? That's a bit of a flaw in our defence system is it not?

D:
edit on 9-3-2011 by YouNeedMt because: repeat

top topics

join