It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Conspiracy Theory Glenn Beck won't like

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Glenn Beck is not a madmen, not crazy. What he is, is a copycat.

I realize how many people hate Alex Jones and think he is disinfo, a shill, a profiteer, etc etc. Fact is, Glenn Beck is getting his talking points from Alex Jones and has been for quite some time now. If you go back and listen to anything Beck said while Bush was in office, it is clear that he is no longer the same Glenn Beck. Now is it that he has awakened? Or is it because he is following a political agenda that follows party lines? I personally believe it is the latter. He defended Bush tooth and nail. Now that a Democrat is in office, he sounds like Alex Jones and expects the sky to fall. Yet I have to ask, what is the difference between Bush and Obama? Other than party affiliation, I do not see one.

Why are his rating dropping? Cause people with a memory can clearly see his bias.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating, at the risk of sounding like a troll, they've been saying that about Beck for years now. Fox wont dump Beck and Fox is destroying its own ratings lately with throwing "Fair and Ballanced" in the trash...are they saying that any more? That is a question for you...STRAIT UP!!! Do you spend time on Fox and Beck or are you just ragging?
Is your intent to stire yet another arguement or Conservative VS. Liberal...
Quite honestly, I dont know why you want to kick the Beck can around the block one more time.

I was talking with a friend today. I asked him about all the "us vs.them" Barracks Ranting today.. All of us here are guilty of it ,MOSTLY. But I have to say....I cant come up with a solution, can you. Can You come up with a better Government than we have. Except for the Coruption, isn't it just about perfect compaired to the world.

We are a Republic, Not a Democracy.........Glen Beck is an ENTERTAINER

Look at it like this.. Sports Illistrated doesnt play Ball. Its a cover to make you buy it and stuffed full of adds wanting to sell you something....Once a year, there are some HOT PICTURES to look at... Looking forward to your next piece

edit on 9-3-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: spelled a word wrong..well at least I found that one

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm afraid I'ld have to say Madman. I used to watch him a few times several years ago, but the man has seriously degraded, much like Charlie Sheen. I've seen such transitions in some dry alcoholics/drug users I've known. From a point where they express rational thought through a downhill slide to where some I know tragically committed suicide.

If his producers used this downhill slide as entertainment, then I fault them. Not only was Beck powerless against alcohol and drugs, he was powerless against those who would use him.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I dont listen to AJ so I dont know... All I know about Beck is his message is getting America back to its grass roots because he was seeing something bad coming.

I remember listening to Roger Friedenberg back in like 1994 -1995ish. At first he was on the side of the Militia. He called his faithful listeners Roger's Rangers....well if you are that old after McVay took down Oklahoma City, Militia got a black eye. TheN Roger was bad mouthing Militia movement...One night on the way home I was listening to Roger. He was the last host before Art Bell came on. The night previous Art was ranting all over Basketball. It was Final Four week. So Roger in his opening mono. saId just what Rush, Hannity and Combs and all of them said.Then he pied out about hating Basketball. They all follow a script...I can only imagine to keep the audience captivated while the audience also listens to the SPONSORS.....If you listened to Art Bell did you ever buy the Flowers? remember that one...How many venders have these Radio & TV Heads made MILLIONAIRES ?

The Dupe? we keep listening....that is the PRESTIGE

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

finding his anti-Semitic conspiracy theories an outrage too far.

Um what? What has he said that was anti-Semitic?

His accusation that George Soros participated in the Holocaust — “Here’s a Jewish boy helping send the Jews to the death camps” —was particularly offensive.

Yeah it's offensive to me that anyone would participate in the killing of jews. Unfortunately he DID. It's a -FACT-.

Fox news will never get rid of this guy- he brings in huge ratings.

I'm not saying everything he says is true- but look at his track record. He's right A LOT.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah, never mind the fact that the John Birch Society has introduced often repeated and blatantly false memes into modern society, such as the idea Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, and the Federal Reserve are knowing minions of some massive communist plot. This ludicrous allegations have nothing else besides obscure research, make people ignorant to corporate abuse of the system, and put a black eye on individuals who oppose these organizations for more legitimate (read: factual) reasons.

Also, never mind that prominent Birchers such as Lawrence McDonald, John Rees and and Major John Singlaub were involved in creating the Western Goals Foundation, an extensive network that infiltrated "subversive" groups and compiled extensive dossiers on American citizens that ended up in either private hands, such as the military-industrial complex firm Wackenhut, or in the direct hands of the Federal government via the FBI. The Western Goals Foundation was also intimately involved with the operations of the World Anti-Communist League, which drew many members from the ranks of the John Birch Society. The WACL, which itself received notoriety for becoming embroiled in the arms-for-hostages deals that is known as Iran-Contra (30,000 dead in Nicaragua as a result, and just look at the dead in the Iran-Iraq war!) has been described as...

"a point of contact for extremists, racists, and anti-Semites"

WACL had Roger Pearson (a close friend of Senator Jesse Helms, a John Bircher and member of the International Association for the Advancement of Ethnology and Eugenics), a known advocate of eugenics and racism, as a chairman. WACL also received funding from Nelson Bunker Hunt (another John Bircher), who also sat on the board of the International Association for the Advancement of Ethnology and Eugenics. Hunt also sponsored the Western Goals Foundation, as well as The National Endowment for the Preservation of Liberty, which was discovered by Congress as being part of the Iran-Contra network.

So what am I trying to say?

Be wary of individuals and groups that spew lopsided, psuedo-hate driven rhetoric. It can lead to many things, including death and partnerships with people who advocate horrors beyond imagination.

Oh, and before I forget, we can draw a straight line between the ideologies of the John Birch Society and Glenn Beck:

hey are true disciples of the late W. Cleon Skousen, Beck's favorite writer and the author of the bible of the 9/12 movement, "The 5,000 Year Leap." A once-famous anti-communist "historian," Skousen was too extreme even for the conservative activists of the Goldwater era, but Glenn Beck has now rescued him from the remainder pile of history, and introduced him to a receptive new audience.

Beck has been furiously promoting "The 5,000 Year Leap" for the past year, a push that peaked in March when he launched the 912 Project. That month, a new edition of "The 5,000 Year Leap," complete with a laudatory new foreword by none other than Glenn Beck, came out of nowhere to hit No. 1 on Amazon. It remained in the top 15 all summer, holding the No. 1 spot in the government category for months. The book tops Beck's 912 Project "required reading" list, and is routinely sold at 912 Project meetings where guest speakers often use it as their primary source material.

"Leap" argues that the U.S. Constitution is a godly document above all else, based on natural law, and owes more to the Old and New Testaments than to the secular and radical spirit of the Enlightenment. It lists 28 fundamental beliefs -- based on the sayings and writings of Moses, Jesus, Cicero, John Locke, Montesquieu and Adam Smith -- that Skousen says have resulted in more God-directed progress than was achieved in the previous 5,000 years of every other civilization combined.

He published a bestselling expose-slash-history called "The Naked Communist." In the late '50s, America's far right began to bubble with organizations peddling stories about the true state of the Red Menace. Groups like the Church League of America and the John Birch Society organized to channel, feed and satisfy Cold War paranoia. Members of these groups were the original postwar "domestic right-wing extremist threat." Then as now, they were very much on the government's radar.

After his firing from the police force, Skousen became a star on the profitable far-right speakers circuit. He worked for both the Bircher-operated American Opinion Speakers Bureau and Fred Schwarz's Christian Anti-Communism Crusade.

And this might sound familiar:

In "The Naked Communist," Skousen had argued that the communists wanted power for their own reasons. In "The Naked Capitalist," Skousen argued that those reasons were really the reasons of the dynastic rich, who used front groups to do their dirty work and hide their tracks. The purpose of liberal internationalist groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations, argued Skousen, was to push "U.S. foreign policy toward the establishment of a world-wide collectivist society."

Meet the man who changed Glenn Beck's life

Welcome to crazyland!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Clinton only said that to divert attention, while he got busy with a fat chick in the oval office~

Just to clarify:: I think its Hillary that said that that the Government has already lost the Information War and that the Internet and anti-American propaganda has won. She said it just a few weeks ago. And I agree with her. I just havent decided yet whether thats a good thing or a bad thing or a strange thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Posters have mentioned Pat Buchanan and Alex Jones, but Im even less comfortable with those names than with Glenn Beck, admittedly.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish
Um what? What has he said that was anti-Semitic?

Since you replied directly to me, let me clarify that I did not say that, the article did. I think the statement is controversial and calls for discussion.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikeybiznaz

Skyfloating, at the risk of sounding like a troll, they've been saying that about Beck for years now. Fox wont dump Beck and Fox is destroying its own ratings lately with throwing "Fair and Ballanced" in the trash...are they saying that any more? That is a question for you...STRAIT UP!!! Do you spend time on Fox and Beck or are you just ragging?

As already mentioned, I dont watch Beck, but have heard and read a lot about his views.

Is your intent to stire yet another arguement or Conservative VS. Liberal... Quite honestly, I dont know why you want to kick the Beck can around the block one more time.

A person who influecnes the opinions of so MANY on this very website deserves some Discussion imo. Just as a matter of interest. They LOVE him, they HATE him so he is certainly a character of interest.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336
Yeah, never mind the fact that the John Birch Society has introduced often repeated and blatantly false memes into modern society, such as the idea Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, and the Federal Reserve are knowing minions of some massive communist plot. This ludicrous allegations have nothing else besides obscure research, make people ignorant to corporate abuse of the system, and put a black eye on individuals who oppose these organizations for more legitimate (read: factual) reasons.

A classic example of exchanging a right-wing falsehood with a left-wing falsehood. But just imo.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

will you give equal attention to the Anti-Colonial Communistic Progressive views of the Liberal Left currant Administration? Come on, give it a shot. Exploit "Dreams from my Father" Exploit the Muslim upbringing of Uncle Barry......Tell us 'how it really is'......or you can just leave it at kicking the "Beck is Crazy" can after you read some bias stories....Its up to you, bro, You are the one writing this one. And your next one too. see ya in the funny papers!!

I cant leave it at this.

As another stated our Government is in a swing to being controled by big Corporate One world Rule and this cannot be denied. Beck seems to think we already fought Communism and Left England and its one world rule. Why would we want to revisit those. Why reinvent what founded this country and made it a Great Nation.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

will you give equal attention to the Anti-Colonial Communistic Progressive views of the Liberal Left currant Administration? .

No thanks, Ive had enough of those too.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hello Moderators....this OP just wants to throw out a vague opinion and then throw down some one liners to those who actively want to challange position....OP has no intrest in Truely discussing the topic that he opened. further he admitts he did no study ... this Thread isnt right!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They're going to heave him because he's down 30% in ratings.

Please remember that all of these "news" organizations need to sell commercials to stay on the air.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hello Moderators....this OP just wants to throw out a vague opinion and then throw down some one liners to those who actively want to challange position....OP has no intrest in Truely discussing the topic that he opened. further he admitts he did no study ... this Thread isnt right!!!

Who wants to actively challenge my position? And what exactly is my position in this thread? Rather than a position, I am asking questions because I have not yet formed a position on this.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Hey, I'm just calling them like I see them.

Lets just take a look at the 2007 board of directors of the CFR. We have Peter Ackerman, who is also on the board of Freedom House, a so-called humanitarian organization that was instrumental in orchestrating the color revolutions of the early 2000s. Who benefited from these revolutions? Corporations. He is also on the CATO Institute's Project for Social Security, which argues for the privatization of social security (Oh, and the CATO Institute was founded by the notorious Charles Koch, who was a John Bircher).

We have Madeleine Albright, head of Albright Group LLC, which seeks to help business "improve their returns", "enhance partnerships with key stakeholders", and "Analyze privatization opportunities and offer strategic counsel for foreign investments." She is also the chairman of the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs, which was also implicated in the color revolutions. She sits on the International Crisis Group, alongside George Soros, who also played a role in the color revolutions.

We have Maurice Greenberg, former chairman of AIG; Carla A. Hill, a board member of AIG, ChevronTexaco, and the International Crisis Group; Ambassador Thomas Pickering, a board member of the Boeing Corporation, the International Crisis Group, and the Eurasia Foundation - also connected to the color revolutions; Robert Rubin, a former Goldman Sachs executive who fought for the repealing of Glass-Steagall during his time as Clinton's Treasury Secretary; Vin Weber, a neo-conservative who helped found the Project for the New American Century and is chairman of the National Endowment for Democracy - yet another organization connected to the color revolutions.

Then there is Peter Peterson (what a name!), a former Chairman of the Federal Reserve who founded the Blackstone Group, a "leading global investment and advisory firm" that is closely related to AIG. Peterson has also advocated the privatizing of social security. Next is Gustavo A. Cisneros, a member of the international board for International Center for Democratic Transition (partnered with the Eurasia Foundation, the National Endowment for Democracy, and Soros' Open Society Institute), as well as a member of the board of overseers for the International Center for Economic Growth, dedicated to "providing a market based solutions to economic reform problems." Last but not least we have Jacob A. Frenkel, the chairman of the Group of Thirty, a former director of the International Monetary Fund, and vice chairman of AIG.

Yeah, just thumbing through the CFR's director roster shoots holes all throughout the John Birch Society's silly conspiracy theory.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone336

Yeah, just thumbing through the CFR's director roster shoots holes all throughout the John Birch Society's silly conspiracy theory.

No need to convince me. I dont believe in right-wing conspiracy theories...at all.

(I dont believe in left-wing conspiracy-theories either though.. That is, I dont believe that Corporations and Capitalism are the root of all evil).

Just saying. But thanks for the interesting read.

edit on 10-3-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Some interesting commentary here folks.

Why do you think his ratings have plummeted?

I think people tire of his rhetoric.
And, for me, I cannot listen to a guy who seems to preach both sides of the coin.
He totally "believes" in the government story about 9/11 and FEMA camps :shk:

Also, he seems to be MIA since his comparison story of Detroit and Hiroshima.
I'd much prefer a show daily in his slot by Judge Napolitano.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join