It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS UK& Euro: 33: What the British Government wants to know, but DOESN'T want you to know....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
What are these forms all about? I live up north near manchester, will I be getting them? I really cant see how some of the people near me could handle a hundred plus words. I think half of them would struggle with their name and address to be honest.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_uk
What are these forms all about? I live up north near manchester, will I be getting them? I really cant see how some of the people near me could handle a hundred plus words. I think half of them would struggle with their name and address to be honest.
I thought exactly the same thing, 90% of the people in my area are illiterate fools, who wear their pj's to go to the shop, no matter the time of day, they are often, too high or drunk to even hold a conversation of more than 3 words, so all of these questions will be way too much to comprehend, also how will the government fine them £1000 as they are all on benefits lol yay way to go British government.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sir if you don't fill out the electoral roll you will be fined and not allowed to vote!............/me oh just another way to screw those who pay your wages and as for voting, bit of a rigged race if you ask me.

As for the census............hmmmm could have some fun filling that out lol

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey there people.
I live in the UK myself (Wiltshire), so I'm aware of the whole census thing. I think they all need to be filled in and returned by 27th March. Mine came through the letterbox 2 days ago.
The census comes out every 10 years and is a way to determine the demographics (sorry about the long word) of the country. It's a population count with a few added questions to determine the condition of the country and its population economically, socially, religiously, geographically, etc.....
I remember doing the last one in 2001, and the thing is, looking at this new census.....I don't remember being asked HALF the questions they are asking this time around! It seems quite intrusive in alot of ways, and reminds me very much of all the DSS forms I had to fill in when applying for Unemployment benefit (Jobseekers Allowance) and Housing Benefit many many years ago.
I would like to know where I stand legally in regards to what questions I HAVE to answer and what questions I can refuse to answer, as it seems 'someone somewhere' is trolling for more information about me than they are allowed to. So, I want to know how much of my response is legally binding.

The other thing that bothers me is the whole 'privacy' fact about the census. In theory, the information contained on the census is not open to public viewing for 100 years, thus guarding the rights to privacy of the individuals (as of this years, the public are now able to look at the census taken in 1911 if they so wished). I am extremely wary of such 'guarantees' by the government, particularly when such information could be considered extremely valuable to 'certain parties'. I'm sure many people would be eager to pay vast sums of money to be able to view the results of the census and get a glimpse into the buying/spending habits of this country. Lets face it, what huge multinational company WOULDN'T want to know who is buying what and how often. Information is valuable, and plenty of people would pay top dollar for info on you.
Where do you think 'cold callers' get so much information from? (I'm not suggesting from the census, but you'd be surprised how and where information about you travels/comes from!)

Finally, I was more than a little concerned about the people franchised out to run the census by an article in the Daily Mail (yeah ok, I KNOW it's the Daily Mail, but the basic facts of the story still stand!)

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I apologise if I haven't sent the link properly. I'm afraid the finer points of terms and conditions still escape me. It's a link to an article in the Daily Mail discussing security issues regarding the firm responsible for coordinating the census.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
this is worth a look if you're concerned about the census (esp re "religion").

census-campaign.org.uk...

Mine came through the letterbox 2 days ago, and like last time, itwent straight in the bin.
edit on 10-3-2011 by twentythreedom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by twentythreedom

excellent : ) i am writing to the census to have them specifically explain the EXACT LAW that requires me to fill it out?

The Address is on this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think all of us in the UK should "swamp" them with mail asking for all sorts of their personal information too

OP Excellent post - thank you for that
S & F

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I can't wait to check this out.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Hi, I'm Wakkierob and am new to here and it has a lot of content I am lost already but I am interested in UFO UK
and what and what not is happening. lol

When I was in ARMY MOD said we will kill you if you tell anyone about the content we teach because you could be a National Security threat to the country. So I said OK I understand and ever since I have wondered if that might be true about UFO's because why would it come under top secret?

The only conclusion is they're using the tech recovered and will kill to keep ahead of the opposition and any leak is regarded as a National Threat

ufoukltd.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wakkierob

Er...Aliens are running the UK census?
Welcome to ATS mate, but I think you may be a little off topic.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join