It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does The Right Feel About Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I've been reading a lot of articles and op-eds from Republicans, Conservatives and others who are right of the middle, and I'm sensing some discontent.

Even Bill O'Reilly and Newt Gingrich have voiced some major concerns. Is there a skism forming within Bush's base, and how could it affect the election?

I'd be interested in knowing what the conservatives here on ATS think. I figure with all of the people who post here we get a pretty good cross-section of the population.

So what does the right side of ATS think of Bush?

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It is certain; Among Republicans there is a growing feeling of no-confidence in Bush. He has guided the hugely powerful blows of the American Nation to smash apart small nations, destroying both guilty and innocent in a great heap of carnage.

This would be forgiveable to us loyal types if Bush had a great domestic policy for us, maybe some enlightened goals for the new century besides mire ourselves down in fear and blood of little wars.

The problem is that Bush is not strong enough a president, not a great enough soul perhaps, to lead the nation and guide its future. How dismal the efforts of a great nation like ourselves, if all we can do is panic and go around the world destroying whoever lights a flag on fire.

It is not a good sign to have such incapable hands run the nation. They are suspicious, unpopular, and not friendly to us. This administration has positioned itself badly by siezing our liberites, making it hard for us to like them much, let alone continue their policies with our vote.

They have made themselves antagonists against us, the people, and the world by its invasions. It was a very evil thing wrought by these people, and it was very bloody.

Now we have a great problem, civil oppression, and a future where our liberties are even more uncertain as we forget more and more of them. We are threatened with constant war and agression from a large part of the world, which we must now rule by force and fear rather than any civilized notion or exchange.

No, I don't like George Bush, or any of his people. I do not like his incomplete vision of the future. I feel used and manipulated by this administration. They cynically manipulated the public through the media, which mushroomed under their pathetic "watchdog" the FCC.

It isn't just the war in Iraq, it's the lack of a real sense of direction or authority in the presidency. We can't tolerate that at this level of our culture. We need finished men, not spoiled men from pampered houses. The real world doesn't reflect their educations.

Arkaleus

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Bush........ I don't know...One min i'm really concerned the next I feel apathetic, then the next I feel unsure again. I won't vote for him because he's turning into a sell out, he has based his presidential existence off false pretenses, he hasn't necessarily been a very diplomatic leader without using threats of violence. Seems to be he has a list of other countries he would like to go after, he was quoted as saying "i'm a war president". which isn't healthy for the United States. I don't even know what to believe on terrorism anymore, is it real or is it made up? I do know that Jefferson had battled with the same kinds of "muslim extremists" on the coast of Northern Africa, so I do know this kind of muslim ideology has been around for hundreds of years and I do know they wish to become a world dominant religion by using all physical means necessary.

I applaud Bush for weeding out sleeper cells and active cells in the muslim extremist arena, but I believe that can continue on without him.

As for tax cuts, it's swell who doesn't like an extra chunk of change in their pockets. The Halliburton scandel gets my noggin wheels turning, i'm not sure i'll ever know the truth behind that one. But I know they are fighting to keep something under wraps, just ask dick cheney.

I believe also that the bush co is trying to turn this into an imperialistic society where the top get to do whatever, have whatever freedoms they want, while the subordinates (us) have to subject ourselves to their rule of law, and it's happening with the fcc, yes bush is behind it, and also the patriot act. obviously people know what happens when you give up your rights for a little security, buddy warned us about that back in the day.

I also believe this admin is corrupt, decietful, demonish, and belittling, and insulting to us... I don't care for them now that I think more about it.
And I also don't care for his company that he keeps. Also I despise Kerry... commie vs imperialism...

FACT: the foreign policy known as expansionism or imperialism, motivated the United States to adopt this policy in the nineteenth century.

FACT: the canal across the isthmus of Central America was strategically important to the United States for this reason.

FACT: These names should tell you alot: Alfred T. Mahan, Matthew C. Perry, Millard Fillmore, Queen Liliuokalani, Sanford B. Dole, Benjamin Harrison, Grover Cleveland, William McKinley, William Randolph Hearst, Joseph Pulitzer, Theodore Roosevelt, George Dewey, Emilio Aguinaldo, Tsu Hsi, John Hay, Ferdinand de Lesseps, William Howard Taft, and Adolfo Diaz

FACT: European nations such as England, Spain, France, Russia, Portugal, Germany, and Belgium had already carved up Africa and large parts of Asia into colonies and "spheres of influence" by the late 1900s. To remain competitive, the United States reacted to European imperialism by looking for a way to secure its own economic future through a policy of expansionism.

The time is coming when the pressure of population will . . . force the final competition of races. The United States will assert itself, having developed aggressive traits necessary to impress its institutions upon mankind. Can anyone doubt that the result of this competition will be the survival of the fittest?Source

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
There's an excellent article in the July issue of Vanity Fair (written by Christopher Hitchens) about the civil war raging within the Republican party. I highly recommend it.

What you have is true conservatives who see through BushCo's Bu# and are PISSED and you have pseudo-Republicans who are actually traitorous liberals full of blood lust (chickenhawk NeoCons) and foolish ideas. They have hijacked the party. Oh yeah, and then there are all those well-intentioned, but throughly braindead social conservatives who cling to their misguided beliefs regarding Bush. They are who disturb me the most. Religious fanatics. (I say this as a Christian.) They are so decieved it's frightening.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
To all you liberals out there who I may have offended in my previous post, I just want to say, I have nothing against liberals, per se. I have many friends who are liberal Democrats. It's the Neo Conservative a$$holes I can't abide. Their only loyalty is to the ruinous PNAC agenda.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The thing people don't understand is that you can be a republican and have your beliefs and ideology that make you right winged, however, just because you are right winged in those areas doesn't mean you HAVE TO go along with what bush and co are doing.. They don't represent true right wing ideas and people feel obligated to stand behind him even though he's not standing with them. It's pretty weird people do that, but why stand with someone who doesn't stand by you, rather betray you and lie to you to make the ends justify the means. Maybe those people aren't as smart as they think they are...
Losing our freedoms over security is a BIG mistake, you actually think the patriot act will end up in the trash bin? err, i doubt it. If they truly used that document(s) for terrorism they should of used a more thorough one to do the job, i/e immigrant records, addresses ect since the terrorists are all immigrants..

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Those people are weak-minded lemmings unable to think or reason for themselves. They deserve what they get. And any Republican out there who thinks the Patriot Act won't come back to bite them on the arse one day is just deluded. The only people who are safe (in the not-so-distant future) are those with major corporate and government affiliations and who are crazy wealthy. Do math. That's about TWO PERCENT of our current population.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am a right leaning conservative and I hate Bush. If you look at his policies and actions, he is not conservative, he is republican. It used to be that there wasn't that much of a difference between the two words. But now there is way too much simliarity between the Democrat and Republican parties.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It's funny that this should come up. I have been thinking about it lately (and getting a bit depressed about it to be honest).

The funny thing is, is that we disgruntled conservatives feel the exact same way as the disgruntled liberals. They don't want Bush so they'll tolerate Kerry. We feel the same way. Kerry sucks, in all meanings of the word, so the only person that is even CLOSE to our viewpoints is Bush. We're really out of options at the moment.

Personally, I don't make him out to be the anti-christ like some of his other detractors, but he IS completely agrivating. Him speaking causes others to mock him which makes our views look foolish.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wow, I really didn't think the responses would be this one sided, very interesting.

I'm pretty liberal, that's why I haven't weighed in on this, but it's interesting to see how much I'm agreeing with you guys here.

I've got a lot less against traditional conservatives then I do against the Neo-Cons. I've voted Republican a few times, I vote along issues not party lines, but I think I've finally found an American political movement in the Neo-Cons that has no redeeming qualities.

We really do need to get the real Republican party back, this nation could use some sanity.

~Astral

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
GOOO Michael Badnarik and the Libertarian party! WOOO

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Agreed. People make out conservatives and Republicans to be money hungry, selfish, anti-government help, fat cat, moral pounding assholes. That is far from true unless you only look at the surface.

Conservatives need to take the power back from the people in power, and they (we) need to wake up. The people they vote for because they are conservative are not like us, and aren't out for us.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The only hope we have (liberals and traditional conservatives) is to get this administration out of power. We've got to drive the NeoCons out of town. First thing's first - then we can all go back to our petty partisan bickering.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Amen to that EastCoastKid! We should form a coalition of the sane to oust the Neo-Cons.

I propose a truce, we should unite in the face of a greater evil (wow I think I'm channeling Churchill here
) and work together to bring our nation back to the Liberal vs Real Conservative rule that we know and love!

Down With The Neo-Cons!

~Astral

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
who are concerned about size of government and deficit spending are now distancing themselves from Bush. It now seems the Democrats are the party that balances budgets and cuts the size of government.

join